9. Woman Like a Man
10. Grey Room
11. I Remember & Bang Bang
12. Cannonball (unplugged)
---------------------------------
13. 9 Crimes
14. The Blower's Daughter
15. Coconut Skins & Jam

No big surprises, maybe because he was playing there for the first time (?) No newies or old unreleased... Wow, he finished with Coconut and the jam!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
borneoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 07:00 PM   #3
Lindsay
Eskimo Regular

Good job finding that borneoman!!

....maybe he's saving the new or unreleased songs for when there are people to come back with reviews!!
Lindsay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 07:57 PM   #4
srahman24
Dandy little dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsay
....maybe he's saving the new or unreleased songs for when there are people to come back with reviews!!
Which would mean he's reading the boards, so he can actually notice where people are from...?

OK - now that would be exciting ( , just in case )
srahman24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 08:10 PM   #5
borneoman
Insane Eskimo

^ Just in case, play Insane and Fool in LA!!!! and What this night is for, and Sleep don't weep!!!!

I think when he plays new cities he kinda always goes for safer setlists... new audiences...
Old 09-13-2007, 09:13 PM   #6
Lindsay
Eskimo Regular

ahaha....you guys are hilarious!

Quote:
Originally Posted by srahman24
Which would mean he's reading the boards, so he can actually notice where people are from...?

OK - now that would be exciting ( , just in case )
Haha....well I was thinking that perhaps he's just psychic or something. But hopefully he'll never read the boards.... as I'll permanently alter his view of Canada and he won't ever come back!!

but juuuust in case (wow you guys are restrained)..... ....and please play and PRAGUE and Front Door too!

hehe but on a more serious note....ya hopefully the setlist just reflects a new audience and not a sign of things to come

Last edited by Lindsay; 09-14-2007 at 06:05 PM.
Old 09-14-2007, 12:18 AM   #7
mariaoran
The girl from Venezuela

LOL.... hahaha i luv how there's no reviews in this thread!!!!!

mmmmm.... hey in my mind he DOES read this Forum!!! hehehe ... soooooo
oh and please play "you shouldn't be here" or whatever its called so we can know the right lyrics!!!!!!

seriously now! ... no eskimos in this show????? ....

"This place is a Gynocracy!"

repetition creates pattern, repetition creates pattern, repetition creates pattern...
mariaoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 12:55 AM   #8
borneoman
Insane Eskimo

I think Damien should articulate better with a clearer pronunciation when he does new songs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! he makes it really hard!!!!!!!!!!

Maria, if you feel adventurous you could try Is that it my Friend (couple discrepancies) or the last bit in Baby Sister or even Never Go Down (I can't understand a single word in that one

by the way, where is Murray???
Old 09-14-2007, 01:02 AM   #9
mariaoran
The girl from Venezuela

Quote:
Originally Posted by borneoman
I think Damien should articulate better with a clearer pronunciation when he does new songs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! he makes it really hard!!!!!!!!!!
Agreed.... Ooooooor he could post the lyrics to the new songs in the Forum!!!

Quote:
Maria, if you feel adventurous you could try Is that it my Friend (couple discrepancies) or the last bit in Baby Sister or even Never Go Down (I can't understand a single word in that one
mmm will do !! .... but later because i have to finish a paper that's due tomorrow!
waaait... which one is Never go down????

Quote:
hahaha... i had to look for it too!!!!

it's in Kentucky!

repetition creates pattern, repetition creates pattern, repetition creates pattern...

Last edited by mariaoran; 09-14-2007 at 06:58 PM.
Old 09-14-2007, 01:11 AM   #10
borneoman
Insane Eskimo

he he and where is Kentucky??? I really need a map!!!! goes to google maps

I also have to finish a paper for tomorrow... but you keep distracting me
Old 09-14-2007, 01:22 AM   #11
mariaoran
The girl from Venezuela

Quote:
he he and where is Kentucky??? I really need a map!!!! goes to google maps
here!!!....

Ps... it's the yellow one!!

okk i can't resist this.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lj3iNxZ8Dww ...

Quote:
I also have to finish a paper for tomorrow... but you keep distracting me
hahaha suuuuure... i get all the blame!!!... YOU are the one that keeps distracting ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 09-14-2007, 01:24 AM   #12
armyofstars
Eskimo Baby

Lol. I had to look up Murray too but Kentucky in the the US. Somewhere in the MidWest. On top of Tennesee.

ETA: How many times has he played "Front Door"? I've only heard one live recording of it and can't find any videos.

Last edited by armyofstars; 09-14-2007 at 01:26 AM.
armyofstars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 01:34 AM   #13
Lindsay
Eskimo Regular

Quote:

Gosh....not just where is it, but what is it..... a town, a shopping mall ....I've neeever even heard of the place!!!
Old 09-14-2007, 02:03 AM   #14
borneoman
Insane Eskimo

You can laugh about Murray but they got Damien on this leg of the tour... he chose Murray over San Francisco

Not sure about Front Door. It's not on any of the bootlegs I have. Not even sure if it's a Juniper track or a proper Damien song that he played a few times and abandoned ala Rule#2...
Old 09-14-2007, 03:05 AM   #15
melodie
mmm bop.

Quote:
Not sure about Front Door. It's not on any of the bootlegs I have. Not even sure if it's a Juniper track or a proper Damien song that he played a few times and abandoned ala Rule#2...
he can absolutely NOT abandon front door. i refuse.
melodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 04:51 AM   #16
Lindsay
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
You can laugh about Murray but they got Damien on this leg of the tour... he chose Murray over San Francisco
yeees....veeery true, they did .
Hehe...I guess I could make fun of San Francisco, but I won't
But that reminds me.....you're off to the LA gig soon.....hope you come back with tons of details!!!

And totally agree melodie....I hope he hasn't abandoned it! Though I guess I should add....I think it would be difficult without Lisa now

Last edited by Lindsay; 09-14-2007 at 05:28 AM.
Old 09-14-2007, 05:14 AM   #17
borneoman
Insane Eskimo

Lindsay, fear my reviews!!! I have a photographic memory!!!! Check some old reviews threads

I wonder if we'll get reviews today from Nashville...
Old 09-14-2007, 05:33 AM   #18
Lindsay
Eskimo Regular

Ohh excellent!!!! The more details the better it is!! I'll go check out your previous reviews.....

And yaaaa.....where are the Nashville people?!
Old 09-14-2007, 05:41 AM   #19
mariaoran
The girl from Venezuela

Quote:
Lindsay, fear my reviews!!! I have a photographic memory!!!! Check some old reviews threads

I wonder if we'll get reviews today from Nashville...
haha the more detailed the better ... sooo bring it on!!!!!!

Quote:
yeees....veeery true, they did .
Hehe...I guess I could make fun of San Francisco, but I won't
But that reminds me.....you're off to the LA gig soon.....hope you come back with tons of details!!!
And totally agree melodie....I hope he hasn't abandoned it! Though I guess I should add....I think it would be difficult without Lisa now
hehe Lindsay i will respectfully disagree! ... i think he has shown us that ( as much as i Loooooove Lisa and was crushed when she left the band) he doesn't really need her! ... he'd make it work if he wanted to !!

*hopes he wants to soon!!!*

In don't think i would've traded Murray for San Francisco ... we need to start recruiting Eskimos in Murray!!! hehe

Ps... do we all know where Nashville is???!

Last edited by mariaoran; 09-14-2007 at 05:47 AM.
Old 09-14-2007, 05:53 AM   #20
Lindsay
Eskimo Regular

gosh you're a pro at this quoting thing Maria!!

**here's some reviews about Murray from the DR board ... http://board.damienrice.com/index.php?showtopic=1425

Well.....I'm just thinking that this song *might* need her....I have a hard time imagining him doing it another way because I've only heard one version and she played an important role. And remember...this is coming from someone who even prefers just DR on most songs!

Last edited by Lindsay; 09-14-2007 at 06:06 AM.
Old 09-14-2007, 06:06 AM   #21
borneoman
Insane Eskimo

Do you like Front Door so much???? I like it but I'm not that crazy about it. I think it's not a Juniper song, it's a Damien song from the pre-O days, and he might have played it a bunch of times around 2003/2004 but not in the last 3 years... abandoned????

And Nashville is around Murray then eh??? Maria, why didn't you go to those shows? that's not very far from Houston??
Old 09-14-2007, 06:06 AM   #22
mariaoran
The girl from Venezuela

haha i know it's hard work the quoting thing!!! .. ...

i say he can go anywhere next time as long as he comes to Houston again!!!!

i hadn't noticed... you started listening to Damien after Lisa left right?? ... well the only advantage is that you where saved from the emotional damage that huuuuuge change caused! hehehe... i wish she had stayed till after i saw them !

Last edited by mariaoran; 09-14-2007 at 06:41 AM.
Old 09-14-2007, 06:14 AM   #23
mariaoran
The girl from Venezuela

Quote:
Do you like Front Door so much???? I like it but I'm not that crazy about it. I think it's not a Juniper song, it's a Damien song from the pre-O days, and he might have played it a bunch of times around 2003/2004 but not in the last 3 years... abandoned????

And Nashville is around Murray then eh??? Maria, why didn't you go to those shows? that's not very far from Houston??
To your first question.... YEEEEESSS!!!! i dunno why... its just sooo romantic!!

sencond... hahaha you DO need a map my dear Marti... Nashville is in Tennessee (or whatever the spelling is! ... i guess i need a dictionary! )

and yaah i thought about it but Murray and Nashville are like 10 hours away in car... and guess what??!!.... i'm a poor college student!!
Oh and then they scheduled the Tulsa Show ... and i was planning on going to that one buuuut i have a mid term on Monday morning!!!!!! ... i would've ditched class in a second if it weren't for that!

hey the lyrics to Is that it my friend are not that hard... I'll write it out real quick and post them here ...
now that song never... my goodness soooooooo hard!!!! .. it does sound like a reeeeeally good one though! ... i'll try it!

Last edited by mariaoran; 09-14-2007 at 06:33 AM.
Old 09-14-2007, 06:15 AM   #24
Lindsay
Eskimo Regular

Hmm....just thought about your comment again, 3 yrs seems like a long time , aww perhaps it is abandoned...
But for me, I really like Front Door...from the recording I've heard, it could get better though. But I like the sentiment behind it

Ya Maria...I only started listening after she had already left....but yaaa...I've read through some of the threads about people being sooo upset. But I mean for sure I think she has an incredible voice, I just prefer some songs when only one person sings it....the story makes much more sense to me

edit....ya isn't is soo romantic Maria!

but off to bed...these Nashville people want to keep me up all night

Last edited by Lindsay; 09-14-2007 at 04:59 PM.
Old 09-14-2007, 12:39 PM   #25
mariaoran
The girl from Venezuela

Murray show video !!!

9 crimes :: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNfkWSJG_1M

Its's actually prettty good!
yayyyy we've got something on the concert!!!

Ps... i'm a little sad!.... i thought the Nashville eskimos would have posted by now! ... oh well i guess it's too early ... damn me and my ridiculously early classes !!!

Last edited by mariaoran; 09-14-2007 at 12:42 PM.
Old 09-14-2007, 02:42 PM   #26
armyofstars
Eskimo Baby

From the recording I heard of Front Door, I loooove it! The melody is really nice. I'd like to hear what it sounds like without Lisa though or maybe Vyvienne could do Lisa's part.
armyofstars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 05:13 PM   #27
Lindsay
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by armyofstars
From the recording I heard of Front Door, I loooove it! The melody is really nice. I'd like to hear what it sounds like without Lisa though or maybe Vyvienne could do Lisa's part.
Ya, I think it has potential....and I would like to hear it again seeing as it's been played such few times . But I guess without Lisa, you lose her part of the story, her perspective, and the sense that they're singing to each other. But... it probably would still be a good song even if it was only his perspective. Hmmm.... but then her harmonies are also gone, which in my opinion is one of the nicest things about the song....so maybe it goes from a song with potential, to just the bare bones of a song . Hehe....so yaaa...perhaps Vyvienne can do Lisa's part!!

but where are the Nashville people?? I see from the DR board they may have got Prague!! Woohoo!!! http://board.damienrice.com/index.php?showtopic=1440

and Maria....good job hunting down the video!! And we still need to find Beast and Beauty....hehe, I've offered a gold star in the other thread to the person who finds it! haha....my gosh you were up at the crack of dawn!

Last edited by Lindsay; 09-14-2007 at 05:17 PM.
Old 09-14-2007, 05:36 PM   #28
borneoman
Insane Eskimo

What happens in the mid-West, no Eskimos there??? Maybe it's too hot for the igloos

That person does not seem very sure about Prague being in the setlist (and she kinda thinks Lisa is still in the band lol)... Prague hasn't been played since 2004 (at least it's not in any available setlist, if he played in one of the few gigs w/o setlist then I don't know)!!!! So if it was played yesterday it would be a wowwwwwwwwwww gig!!!!!

If he didn't played it, it would be an ok setlist, just like Murray, a safe-for-new-audiences set!!!
Old 09-14-2007, 05:48 PM   #29
mariaoran
The girl from Venezuela

Quote:
What happens in the mid-West, no Eskimos there??? Maybe it's too hot for the igloos
probably!!... if i'm backing they probably are too!

Quote:
and Maria....good job hunting down the video!! And we still need to find Beast and Beauty....hehe, I've offered a gold star in the other thread to the person who finds it! haha....my gosh you were up at the crack of dawn!
haha yeah it somehow came up relating to Marlay park ...?!!?

You mean a video of Beast and Beauty?? .... The Castlebar recording is up on Youtube ya know!? ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G13sN3DlHsE

hehe yup... a 7.30am class means i have to wake up too early on fridays!! ...... which is useless because i can't pay attention if i'm half asleep ) ... oh and i was lateee!! :S

Last edited by mariaoran; 09-14-2007 at 05:52 PM.
Old 09-14-2007, 05:58 PM   #30
Lindsay
Eskimo Regular

Quote:

That person does not seem very sure about Prague being in the setlist (and she kinda thinks Lisa is still in the band lol)... Prague hasn't been played since 2004 (at least it's not in any available setlist, if he played in one of the few gigs w/o setlist then I don't know)!!!! So if it was played yesterday it would be a wowwwwwwwwwww gig!!!!!

If he didn't played it, it would be an ok setlist, just like Murray, a safe-for-new-audiences set!!!
Yaa....I think there needs to be some Eskimo recruiting over there!!

But gosh....I'm trying not to get too excited in case it wasn't played....but if it was, my gosh.....all my smilies will be in use!! oh just breathe Lindsay, just breathe Toootally in the top two that I'm wanting to hear!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariaoran
You mean a video of Beast and Beauty?? .... The Castlebar recording is up on Youtube ya know!? ...
no, no ..... I mean the one he just did, the one in Cleveland . But thanks though,for suuure I've seen that one. and I think I'm going to start a petition against youtube ....I wish it didn't take so long for uploads to register in the search engine
but my gosh....7:30 class....that's teeerrible! I think I'd be late everyday !!

Last edited by Lindsay; 09-14-2007 at 06:12 PM.