Home   | About   | Contact  | Lyrics  | Tabs  | Forum

The Igloo

Go Back   The Igloo > Damien Rice > Damien's Gigs

Old 03-14-2005, 05:58 PM   #1
jenn fox
Eskimo Regular

Default The Frames in SF

So anyone going tonight to see the frames in San Francisco tonight? I'll be there, I was looking for them at the St. Paddy's Parade yesterday too but...not a frame in sight.
Old 03-14-2005, 07:18 PM   #2
Angela
Eskimo Regular

My friend anilla is going. I hope she hops in here tomorrow - if briefly.
Old 03-15-2005, 08:22 AM   #3
jenn fox
Eskimo Regular

Oh Holy Hell...it was so f**king awesome. I just got home and the best part is that in three hours I catch a plane to LA to do it all again tomorrow night. I wasn't really familiar with Mark Geary before the show but I am now a huge fan! O.k. I guess I'm the only eskimo awake and psyched so that's it for now.
Old 03-15-2005, 09:27 AM   #4
cille
creepycute

yeah, frames are great aren't they?

excellent instrumentalists each of them, and glen is amazing.

btw, did i miss out on ANOTHER paddy's day?? every year i promise myself to go to an irish pub on that day, and every time i forget when the hell it is oh well, next year!
Old 03-15-2005, 10:38 AM   #5
estranged
Eskimo Baby

Naw, Paddy's Day isn't until March 17th - this thursday! It was probably just a case where it was more appropriate to have the parade on Sunday in SF so as not to disrupt workday traffic etc. Keep an eye out this Thursday and you might just catch something wherever you live.
estranged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2005, 07:51 AM   #6
anilla_bis
Eskimo Baby

Talking i was there.

The frames at the great american music hall—3/14/05

I knew it was going to be a great night—I just felt it.
Mark went on and played a fantastic set. He was his usual self: funny, witty, and sweet. I made Rob yell out for christmas biscuits, one of my faves, and he very nicely obliged. He played it as the encore.

The crowd were quite loud, unfortunately, and he kept saying “go hit them, don’t just shush them”. It was funny.

The frames went on and opened with a caution to the birds. Really amazing, I just think that song it outstanding. As the evening went on, glen and joe seemed to get into a better and better mood. It was nice to see. The show was sold out—a first for the frames in san francisco. They were pleased. The set was great, beautifully balanced. Good new stuff, good old stuff. Just right. I don’t remember the order, but in addition to a caution to the birds, they played: finally, happy, keepsake, dream awake, sideways down, your face, what happens…, lay me down, friends and foe (!!!), star star, revelate, pavement tune, red chord, and the irish national anthem!

It was a great night, you could just tell they were extremely pleased with the turn out. And……….. best part of the night was that colm was there!!

just flew in today. We got SOOOO lucky. I was just over the moon. Perfect gig, if I’ve been to one.

After the show we got to say hi to glen and joe which was nice. They just appeared to be having a great time. We also talked to mark who was, as always, just a sweetheart.

All in all, it was an amazing evening. And I’m so happy I went!

God bless mom—for watching the toddler!!!

anilla_bis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2005, 06:53 PM   #7
cille
creepycute

k, i've said this before...but that^bassplayer looks a lot like our dear emmett. dead-handsome guys botha them! (although em will deny it in his gracious modesty, tsk tsk )

btw, welcome to here anilla - a friend of angela is a friend of the eskimos!

Quote:
Originally Posted by estranged
Naw, Paddy's Day isn't until March 17th - this thursday! It was probably just a case where it was more appropriate to have the parade on Sunday in SF so as not to disrupt workday traffic etc. Keep an eye out this Thursday and you might just catch something wherever you live.
yeah thanks - i found out today, so maybe this year i'll get the chance to taste green beer tomorrow they have even arranged the first copenhagen st paddy's parade. i'll expect to see pretty much the same all-irish crowd who attended the copenhagen frames gig

Last edited by cille; 03-16-2005 at 07:07 PM.
cille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2005, 10:06 PM   #8
Angela
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by cille
btw, welcome to here anilla - a friend of angela is a friend of the eskimos!
Ahhh, you are sweet - let me hug you! Though it really should be the other way around! Anilla was like the thrd person I think who signed unto the igloo! She just couldn't get back in with her old user name.

Not that she couldn't tell you that herself; what I really wanted to tell you is that I got into the Frames and Damien through her!
Old 03-16-2005, 10:55 PM   #9
jenn fox
Eskimo Regular

[quote=cille]k, i've said this before...but that^bassplayer looks a lot like our dear emmett. dead-handsome guys botha them! (although em will deny it in his gracious modesty, tsk tsk )

Cille! I have a huge crush on Joe (the bassist), he's adorable and so tiny...just my size ...

o.k. I'm back from the LA show last night...ah two shows back to back is the best. Happy St. Paddy's day to me! The SF show was a better vibe all around, it was the irish-ness of the evening I'm telling you. I am a huge Mark Geary fan now and ...ah it was just perfect. The drummer even recognized me from the SF show at the LA show! I won't bore you with my stories but damn it was a great week! By the way Mark Geary is one of the nicest guys you'll ever meet, he just hung out with us in line for about half an hour and talked to everyone.
Old 03-16-2005, 11:01 PM   #10
Lemmy
Eskimo Regular

I keep missing concerts in SF...what is wrong with me?!!?? Erghhhh...

Hello fellow SFers, though.
Lemmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2005, 11:11 PM   #11
anilla_bis
Eskimo Baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angela
Though it really should be the other way around! Anilla was like the thrd person I think who signed unto the igloo! She just couldn't get back in with her old user name.

it's true, it's true. i couldn't log on with my old user name.

Quote:
Not that she couldn't tell you that herself; what I really wanted to tell you is that I got into the Frames and Damien through her
this is true too. remember, angela, when i was running around the world framstalking, you didn't even know who they were?! crazy, huh??
Old 03-17-2005, 12:43 AM   #12
Angela
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilla_bis
this is true too. remember, angela, when i was running around the world framstalking, you didn't even know who they were?! crazy, huh??
I sure do! I thought" "What is this crazy woman doing, following a band around!" (while being intrigued).

Actually, the first time I heard Damien is when you and Alicia started that song discussion thread about The Professor. And I was like "So, what is so special about it?"

And you were the first to send me tons of Irish music!
Old 03-17-2005, 11:52 AM   #13
rileyf
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by cille
k, i've said this before...but that^bassplayer looks a lot like our dear emmett. dead-handsome guys botha them! (although em will deny it in his gracious modesty, tsk tsk )
i always thought that the bassist looked like chris katan from the old snl days, especially when seeing the frames live. i just find it hilarious to watch chris katan play the bass...
Old 03-17-2005, 05:20 PM   #14
GlttrGrrl
Eskimo Goddess

He does not look like Emmett. He kinda looks like Chris Kattan. I also think he kinda looks like a skinny little Mr. Bean.

I had so much fun at the LA show. The Frames were great, and I totally loved Mark Geary. Jenn rocks, as usual.
Old 03-18-2005, 02:46 AM   #15
Loveless
Eskimo Regular

sounds like a fantastic night Ana

"To avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing, be nothing."
Loveless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2005, 09:50 AM   #16
jenn fox
Eskimo Regular

ooh i'm replying to this message totally drunk on st. paddy's day...only the second time I've been drunk in my life, not bad eh...but thanks so much Val...you rock too, if it wasn't for you I wouldn't have ever gotten to talk to the drummer...happy f** king st. paddy's!...now I just need to meet my Joe!
Old 03-18-2005, 07:58 PM   #17
anilla_bis
Eskimo Baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveless
sounds like a fantastic night Ana
indeed it was.

i'm about to write you and your other half with e-mails, phone numbers, and such, for when you're in town.

i can't believe i'll miss you guys.
Old 03-27-2005, 10:29 PM   #18
cille
creepycute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angela
Ahhh, you are sweet - let me hug you! Though it really should be the other way around! Anilla was like the thrd person I think who signed unto the igloo! She just couldn't get back in with her old user name.

Not that she couldn't tell you that herself; what I really wanted to tell you is that I got into the Frames and Damien through her!
aw ange, don't thinkl i can ever have enough of those hugs!

nice work then, anilla! what was your old username then?