Home   | About   | Contact  | Lyrics  | Tabs  | Forum

The Igloo

Go Back   The Igloo > Damien Rice > Trading

Old 10-28-2003, 10:06 PM   #1
mierk
Eskimo Regular

I visited other Damien boards over the weekend while eskimofriends was down, and there are lots of people looking to get live shows who are unaware of the trading community -- especially in Europe and the UK. I've posted in a few places to let people know that they don't have to pay to get concerts and such, but I'm definitely finding out that some of the things that were mentioned in the initial trading thread are accurate. So I guess this is just trying to see what we can do to let more people know about the trading community. Mario's doing a great job with the ftp, I know there are people (myself included) willing to get stuff out through other means. Maybe we could make a basic FAQ for trading live shows so there's a single resource for info that we can direct people to?
Old 10-28-2003, 10:21 PM   #2
Angela
Eskimo Regular

I was thinking of that also today.

We could have an *simple* FAQ message that Emmett could fix to the top about the different ways to get bootlegs (ftp, bit torrent, b&p, trees, trades) just so people can get a quick overview to decide what method works best for them.

Eventually more detailed instructions should be on a web page (as we previously discussed). I don't think we need to type it all up for now, but maybe we can provide links to other web sites about "how to use ftp" etc.
Angela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2003, 09:04 AM   #3
daol20
Eskimo irRegular

Thats a good idea.

Although the ftp site mario set up is harder to get into thana prick teasers panties!! And the bit torrent show on sharingthegroove.com has dried up. And im still waiting for my copies in the post from the tree. My diamond shoes are too tight, and my wallets too small for my fifty's!!!

ohh the stress of it all!!!!!Edited by: daol20
To see you now with him
is just making me mad
Oh so kiss him again
just to prove to me that you can
an I will stand here
and burn in my skin
daol20 is offline   Reply With Quote