Home   | About   | Contact  | Lyrics  | Tabs  | Forum

The Igloo

Go Back   The Igloo > Other Music > Other Music

Old 05-06-2004, 10:37 PM   #1
Lucifer
Eskimo Baby

What a week? And what a few weeks I will have. First Damo and BellX1 in The Beacon and now 'Stand'- in The bowery Ballroom May20th (http://www.standland.com/frameset.htm). These are all my favourite acts at the moment. Please say one of you have heard Stand's new album- 'In A Happy Place'. God between that and 'O' I am addicted. Great stuff.
Lucifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2004, 11:20 PM   #2
daol20
Eskimo irRegular

Glad to hear there is someone else in the igloo who is a Stand fan. I remember seeing them play in the "local" when they were just starting out! </span><br style="color: rgb(0, 0, 255);">
I hear they're doing something with Bowie. Is that just a rumour?

I havent heard their new album though. But i must get a copy soon.

</span>
To see you now with him
is just making me mad
Oh so kiss him again
just to prove to me that you can
an I will stand here
and burn in my skin
daol20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2004, 11:58 PM   #3
Lucifer
Eskimo Baby

Yay!! Cool!! A fellow Standfan and a DamoFan (obviously). Yeah I heard about that Bowie rumour myself. Cool if its true. Yeah you have to pick up the album. Its really good. All you guys that haven't seen Stand play go to the Bowery Ballroom on May 20th (http://www.standland.com/frameset.htm)Edited by: Lucifer
Lucifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004, 02:27 PM   #4
Gatsby
Eskimo Regular

heard them play in hmv instore a good while back and they were very good. never heard any releases yet but i will once im not broke
Gatsby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2004, 11:43 PM   #5
young americans
Eskimo Baby

i checked out some of mr rices earlier shows in nyc (mercury,northsix) and it was great to see a three-hour set grace the beacon with bellx1.... i find the standard of irish writing to be quite high and i have been an avid fan of stand for some years now....it would be madcool to see the three sharing a bill one day....all theirlatest long players share a depth in sound and style....stands may 20th bowery show will no doubt be one not to be missed....ipredict that these three actshave a successful future ahead of them...best of luck................
Old 05-11-2004, 12:17 AM   #6
buffalo soldier
Eskimo Baby

I saw Stand at the Bowery Ballroom lately --to what seemed a sold out crowd-- and have also seen them a few times before in local bars around NYC. I must say they have really changed their sound since I first started seeing them but they have nonetheless retained their original slant to traditional rocknroll sounds, which is, in my opinion, very hard to do. I enjoy their live shows and agree that they should start playing with other Irish bands. They are too good to keep playing the bar scene in NYC for too much longer. Its grand for us to see them in such tight quarters but the band has a much bigger sound than that.
buffalo soldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2004, 08:49 PM   #7
young americans
Eskimo Baby

[img]smileys/smiley32.gif[/img]STAND will be preforming at the BOWERY BALLROOM in NYC this Thursday (MAY 20) @ 10 30 (delancey and bowery) COME ON DOWN![img]smileys/smiley32.gif[/img][img]smileys/smiley32.gif[/img][img]smileys/smiley17.gif[/img]