Home   | About   | Contact  | Lyrics  | Tabs  | Forum

The Igloo

Go Back   The Igloo > Damien Rice > Damien Rice

Old 05-24-2012, 09:31 PM   #31
davidcotyalex
Eskimo Regular

understood wheels.................I may be loud and obnoxious but I am who I am lol

t-lloyd as i said to mr elephant man the original post may have been a little fired up - more at the board than anything though in terms of not seeing through the bs

and as rai has said, no outrage only a disconnect

and know this isn't the first time damo has pandered to the exact same pretentious set........
davidcotyalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 10:13 PM   #32
mandarific
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vienna View Post
cripes, all this over a couple of silly pictures. why such strong opinions about how someone else should spend their time?! you don't know them personally, what on earth has it got to do with you?

*crosses fingers for a new album soon, so eskimos have something else to talk about instead of ripping Damien to shreds*

ps. GO Wheels!
My thoughts exactly.
mandarific is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 10:24 PM   #33
davidcotyalex
Eskimo Regular

there is a HUGE difference between the private life of an ordinary joe and someone in the public domain...............and damo is very much in the public domain

so just as some are inclined to get all giddy over his antics others have the same right to critique those photos that are very much part of the public domain as well

I remain with rai and t-lloyd............nothing funny about them.............silly though vienna is in the right direction
Old 05-24-2012, 10:54 PM   #34
ElephantMan
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spamlet View Post

BTW, Sean Penn is one of the few people that whether you agree with his politics or not only a fool would call a phony. He didn't just talk about helping Haitians he moved down to Haiti and started to rebuild houses with his own two hands. I'd say that's a pretty damned admirable quality.

^off topic but Yah I have a problem with people bashing Penn , especially those A--holes on FOX news, as this guy is as sincere as they come when it come to helping others...wasnt penn also on a boat in New orleans after Katrina lookin for people?....nonetheless I dissagree with most of his political views, but he is a great person
ElephantMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 11:18 PM
Vienna
This message has been deleted by Vienna.
Old 05-24-2012, 11:55 PM   #35
davidcotyalex
Eskimo Regular

don't lose me mr elephant man....................great person??!!

he has been arrested on battery charges multiple times...most recently in 2009/2010 for lashing out at the paps and sentenced in a plea deal to 300 hours of community service and 30 hours of anger management counseling

he recently indicated that he hopes his critics of his efforts in haiti "die screaming of rectal cancer"

do we really care what he has to say about hugo chavez or the fact that prince william is doing time in the falklands..............the dude was married to madonna for crying out loud

and there are suggestions he mis-represented what he did in new orleans and when he actually arrived

so is he a dick - absolutely

does he appear to have the interest of haitans at heart - quite possibly

what his motivations are is something else.................he seems to be doing an awful lot to maintain his "image" over the past couple years so I am very suspicious.............not that I have ever paid much if any attention to his blabberings until this thread quite honestly
Old 05-25-2012, 12:04 AM   #36
davidcotyalex
Eskimo Regular

http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?...ag=mncol;lst;1
Old 05-25-2012, 02:15 AM   #37
ElephantMan
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidcotyalex View Post

LOL!! Im leaving this forum and joining the Sean penn forum, how can u not love it when he wishes Rectal Cancer to Sean Hannity and Bill O'reilly (who i think he is primarily referring to) ...those neocon war mongers deserve rectal cancer and when the day comes I hear sean hannity has rectal cancer I will ROTFLMAO or whatever it is...thats funny S--T, how can u call him an A-hole for that? U really think he does this charity for publicity?...he is one of the top actors in the world, makes 20Mil a movie or something, he doesent need S--T...he does it cuz he cares, i dont care what anyone thinks about him

this is a damien rice forum isnt it?lol
ElephantMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 03:12 AM   #38
davidcotyalex
Eskimo Regular

hahaha.............do NOT think for a second i am siding with those a-holes.....

if there is one thing I have learned in my 50 years dude is i have been gifted with the ability to read people..........and TRUST me he is a prick - even though he is on our side of the fence

he is doing good and helping out folks............maybe that is his exorcism lol

let's just say that he isn't getting invited to my 50th part III..............but you are still in bud!
Old 05-25-2012, 02:00 PM   #39
verenita
... trusty and true ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandarific View Post
how amazing these two photos are?

i, personally, find these pictures quite ridiculous... but i´m sure that i would look ridiculous as well if i were in his place (and if most of my friends were there, hehe).

regarding all the comments i read so far, i don´t think it´s disconnect. he embrased this cause since the beginning (along with so many other causes since so many years ago!), so this time he did what it was required, that´s it, imho. i don´t understand the need of showing everything off though, to be honest... and as i said, i prefer the hobo look! suits him much better (again, imho.)
Old 05-25-2012, 02:42 PM   #40
davidcotyalex
Eskimo Regular

as always you put a very nice spin on things vere
Old 05-25-2012, 03:44 PM   #41
verenita
... trusty and true ...

^ hey, i never replied about the wine you promise (i didn´t have the time at first and then i forgot to do it) but we have a deal!
Old 05-25-2012, 04:56 PM   #42
davidcotyalex
Eskimo Regular

hecho!
Old 05-25-2012, 06:46 PM   #43
Spamlet
Resident Contrarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheels View Post
David & Spam, any more trying to provoke people and I will ban. I don't care if you feel it is justified. Personal spats do not belong on a general board. Period.
Sorry, Wheels, but I honestly don't know what you're referring to. I have no personal feud with David whatsoever. I have never met him or, to my recollection, even replied to any of his previous posts.

Are you talking about the fact that I jokingly (perhaps hyphens would have made the light-hearted tone of my parenthetical twelve word long moniker more obvious) referenced the off-topic spamming of another artist in the Damo designated forum? Apparently, the guy's an actual family member so I guess it wasn't too far off.

David also openly invited and encouraged us to prove him wrong for thinking the way he did about all this so I don't see how it'd be provocative for me to grant the fellow what he wished. Surely, that's the opposite of animosity.

David, to clarify: although you didn't single out Penn as a phony you did basically blanket all of Hollywood, Cannes, and by extension those who helped organize this event (Sean Penn) as such. That was the line of my thought process.

Sorry for any misunderstanding I may have inadvertently caused. I was merely attempting to provide perspective via historical context for remarks already made by others.
Old 05-25-2012, 08:00 PM   #44
davidcotyalex
Eskimo Regular

all good and fair enough on the all encompassing......and I am sure Cannes and Hollywood mean much more to you than to me or say Rai - from where I sit I just have a fair amount of contempt toward so much of the bs that goes on (which I am sure you can acknowledge) and also feel it flows into the hierarchy of the music biz and the pretentiousness and bs necessary to be "successful" - so it does boil my blood so apologies as well for getting heated (awww you see I can be a good eskimo!)

now as for ford - we jokingly refer to family ford - while I do have a fair amount of british blood in me you can rest assured there is no common lineage lol! In fact some will recall it was through this very forum that I was provided conviction to go see him on a random saturday night that I was stuck solo in london (rough I know)........and in standard practice dove in head over heels after hearing the first cuts off songs for the road

that was bloomsbury 2009.........as someone with a modicum of success in the hotel biz I have been able to throw the boys a bone when they come to the states - it is partially for this that they tend to do repeat visits up and down the east coast (mainly though because he knows he can sell the places out as opposed to gigs he has performed to two bartenders in south carolina.......) - anyhoo he and wibbs (his manager) have just become good friends over the past couple years - they keep getting invited back for sessions at sun studios and dallas is an easy shot from there - so we went for it last year and threw the big house gig never to think that a year later they would get flown across the pond to play a wedding in oklahoma city.........go figure

I do think he has a healthy attitude though so would encourage you to check him out....maybe we can meet up for the next nyc gig

Last edited by davidcotyalex; 05-25-2012 at 10:50 PM.
Old 05-26-2012, 02:58 AM   #45
davidcotyalex
Eskimo Regular

just since I have you ............you must take a LISTEN!!!!!!!! will also post on ford

Old 05-26-2012, 03:03 AM   #46
davidcotyalex
Eskimo Regular

ohhh and the host is allowed really loud WOOOTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-26-2012, 09:17 AM   #47
glo32
Eskimo Regular

David, I like Ford and all, but you're going off topic... come on...?
glo32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 09:41 AM   #48
QueenOfTheSouth
Eskimo Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidcotyalex View Post
just since I have you ............you must take a LISTEN!!!!!!!! will also post on ford

Just stop.
QueenOfTheSouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 12:31 PM   #49
borneoman
Insane Eskimo

David, you should start a David Ford forum!!!!!!!!!!!!! Seriously, no joking!!!!
Old 05-26-2012, 02:19 PM   #50
davidcotyalex
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandarific View Post
how amazing these two photos are?

This is basically my new favorite thing.

from this set
silly pics??!
Old 05-28-2012, 08:54 PM   #51
Shillelagh
Eskimo Bro

His tie is way too long.
Shillelagh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 04:37 PM   #52
Spamlet
Resident Contrarian

Well, he's pretty short but I believe it's more of an illusion created because he's bending/ hunched over. It's supposed to come to the belt buckle and he's not very far past that without being in a fully upright position.
Old 05-30-2012, 05:16 PM   #53
Shillelagh
Eskimo Bro

Also I believe he has a joint between in fingers in the pic with Ben stiller
Shillelagh is offline   Reply With Quote