Home   | About   | Contact  | Lyrics  | Tabs  | Forum

The Igloo

Go Back   The Igloo > Damien Rice > Damien Rice

Old 04-15-2004, 04:34 AM   #31
Kristi
The Prodigal Eskimo

yeah... maybe she isnt feeling well, or just doesnt care what she looks like...
Old 04-15-2004, 04:35 AM   #32
Osiris
Eskimo Baby

Wow! That was great! Love the bald head....I got to see him in Indy and Cincy with the mohawk.....loved that too.
Osiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2004, 04:36 AM   #33
Kristi
The Prodigal Eskimo

aw you lucky bastard! I only get to see him once on this tour.... a little low on the funds.. [img]smileys/smiley5.gif[/img]
Old 04-15-2004, 04:36 AM   #34
Kristi
The Prodigal Eskimo

there is only one song...? [img]smileys/smiley19.gif[/img]
Old 04-15-2004, 04:36 AM   #35
Osiris
Eskimo Baby

SHe didn't sing in Cincy...not with Damien but she did sing two songs with The Frames tho....wasn't the same without her.
Old 04-15-2004, 04:37 AM   #36
Kristi
The Prodigal Eskimo

yeah.... well i cant wait until tonight!!! [img]smileys/smiley4.gif[/img]
Old 04-15-2004, 04:38 AM   #37
Kristi
The Prodigal Eskimo

im gonna get going.... night night!
Old 04-15-2004, 04:38 AM   #38
Osiris
Eskimo Baby

One song? That's it? didn't even interview him? Didn't know lisa's or Vyvienne's name?
Old 04-15-2004, 04:39 AM   #39
julia
Eskimo Yogi..

I st [img]smileys/smiley1.gif[/img] ill have 2 hours to wait.... what did they sing

"There's something magical about music and the simple fact that it's a vibration of air. It's sort of magical if you vibrate the air in a certain way, people are pleased by it." Damien Rice
julia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2004, 04:39 AM   #40
cneill
eskimo hobo

It was great. I thought Lisa looked cute in her just rolled out of bed clothes.

Too bad he didn't play the whole song. I guess it's nottv friendly enough.All in all still good.
cneill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2004, 04:40 AM   #41
Angela
Eskimo Regular

Daer lord, I don't know what I did, but as soon as hit hit the CVR recording buttons everything went hay wire! I lost the channel, the VCR came on, weird buzzing noises errupted, I panicked, and by the time I had channel 4 back I see Damien's bald head, he's huffing and puffing into the distortion mic, Lisa looking like she's about to cry ....

How was it? I missed half of it! [img]smileys/smiley19.gif[/img]
Angela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2004, 04:44 AM   #42
Osiris
Eskimo Baby

Not very much to tell you all over in Ireland....Dave put him on at the very end of the show...he sang I remember. (Which was incredible as always)...went to a commercial...called Lisa "the lovely woman singing" and called Vyvienne "the lovely woman who played the cello". Didn't even know their names!And that was the end of it.
Old 04-15-2004, 04:47 AM   #43
natekeegan
Eskimo Friend

This is from my post at the damienrice.com message board. probably all old news, but here it is anyway.

I remember, first (and only) song played.
Lisa on vocals, good thing, since lately Damien has been playing it solo. I think she's jsut recovering from her cold, as she ever so slightly missed the high note on "want you here" cutting it a lil' short. The next time that part came around, she stayed low. Still, amazing performance. Damien has gotten so good live that i can't tell the difference between some live stuff and "O". Vyv, Tom, and Shane were the usual supporting crew. Letterman shook their hands after the song, telling Lisa she had a beautiful voice and also complimenting Vyv. Lisa was wearing just a T-shirt and jeans, but oh, how she was hot.
I think i've fallen in love.
Old 04-15-2004, 04:47 AM   #44
Osiris
Eskimo Baby

It was great....Lisa sounded wonderful. Damien sounded great as well...too bad he didn't do the whole song.
Old 04-15-2004, 04:48 AM   #45
Spamlet
Resident Contrarian

Despite there being only one other guest on all we got was ONE song and no interview:"I Remember"!

The performance was great but I guess I'm reallyspoiled because of how much airtime they gave him last time. My onlyidea is that Damo himself may've wanted to keep it to just doingone song. It definitely would fit in with his low key approach latelyto marketing if the reasons for shaving his head are due to what others have suggested.
Spamlet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2004, 04:49 AM   #46
Angela
Eskimo Regular

Well, the last time was an exception.
Old 04-15-2004, 04:52 AM   #47
Osiris
Eskimo Baby

Dave gave the comdeian way to much time.
Old 04-15-2004, 05:06 AM   #48
SisterMidnight
Jellyfishsting

I got the feeling they were filling time with the comedian-- that bit didn't seemed planned. (some staff person came up and whispered something to Dave right before he told the comedian she was going to sing a duet with the donkey girl and she seemed caught off guard at the suggestion but agreed) I also believe they were filling time with the commercials-- they don't usually have that many. Technical difficulties??? And Lisa did look like she was about ready to cry. And why only one song and they cut it short? Somethings up..... maybe there was another song that was edited out of the show for some reason.... or backstage drama or something.... everyone in the band looked pretty somber.
SisterMidnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2004, 05:28 AM   #49
JAKE
Eskimo Friend

"filling time with the comedian" had to do with Sen. John McCain not showing up!!!

All and All pretty much old hat for Damien....I Taped It...Up Soon.
JAKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2004, 07:51 AM   #50
lithium138
Eskimo Baby

was it just me or did it seem way too short of a performance. maybe i'm used to the way he performs it live. still fantastic though.

love the bald head but i like the mohawk better.

lithium138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2004, 09:48 AM   #51
Wheels
Eskimo Enigma

DONKEY-girl?[img]smileys/smiley5.gif[/img]
Wheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2004, 12:27 PM   #52
dougnyc
Eskimo Baby

It's amazing that he let Lisa shine on Letterman last night. I think he may be tiring of the sweet balladeer/folkie label he gets, letting loose on Letterman.

With her angelic voice, Lisa could sing names from a phonebook and make it something beautiful. I didn't need my morning cup of coffee after listening to her.can't wait for the Beacon.

D
dougnyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2004, 12:39 PM   #53
cille
creepycute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougnyc
With her angelic voice, Lisa could sing names from a phonebook and make it something beautiful. I didn't need my morning cup of coffee after listening to her.

[img]smileys/smiley14.gif[/img]sweeeet!
Old 04-15-2004, 12:41 PM   #54
SisterMidnight
Jellyfishsting

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAKE

"filling time with the comedian" had to do with Sen. John McCain not showing up!!!

All and All pretty much old hat for Damien....I Taped It...Up Soon.

Well he could have filled time with more Damien!!! That would have been a lot better than the nutty gal wearing the sheet dress talking about her imaginary boyfriend and their new imaginary love child! [img]smileys/smiley5.gif[/img]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheels
DONKEY-girl?[img]smileys/smiley5.gif[/img]

Dave did some weird mailbag spot where he had some girl come out dressed as a prospector with a donkey and gave out facts about the state of Colorado while reading viewer mail. Then right before Damien donkey-girl and the comedian sang a duet of Rocky Mountain High that the donkey girl had already sung earlier. (Reluctantly on her part)

Oh, and welcome Nate! [img]smileys/smiley1.gif[/img]Edited by: SisterMidnight
SisterMidnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2004, 12:48 PM   #55
dylanfan
Eskimo Regular

thpught it was really cool of damien to give lisa the spotlight. my bet is that it was his choice to play one and not be interviewed given the crap they used to fill the airtime. was that torture or what watching thatdonkey and moronic "comedian"?lisa oh lisa just marry me.
dylanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2004, 01:38 PM   #56
GlttrGrrl
Eskimo Goddess

I tuned in just in time to catch Damien. I didn't think it was a bit odd that he played only one song or that it was speedy. Letterman musical guests usually only do one song, playing two songs seems to be the exception. Musical guests also usually come last, and it seems that the Letterman show asks artists to keep their songs under 4 minutes (maybe it's less), because all of my favorite artists who have played his show have shortened their longer songs...it's really irritating. Maybe they think people will tune out if the songs are too long.

Maybe it's just me, but I always think Lisa looks like she's about to cry when she's on stage. I thought she looked frumpy and not like the goddess that she is [img]smileys/smiley1.gif[/img] Vyv looked awesome, though. And I think the bald head makes Damien look even littler than he looked before [img]smileys/smiley36.gif[/img]
GlttrGrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2004, 01:46 PM   #57
Angela
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlttrGrrl
Maybe it's just me, but I always think Lisa looks like she's about to cry when she's on stage.* I thought she looked frumpy and not like the goddess that she is [img]smileys/smiley1.gif[/img]*
Funny you say that. I tuned in only when the camera was zooming out and away from a Lisa close-up and thought exactly the same thing! She looked so miserable.
Old 04-15-2004, 02:44 PM   #58
natekeegan
Eskimo Friend

Miserable, but cooly miserable. I don't know kinda like a goddess, she's just pouting or something. "Frumpy" is never in my definition of my future wife Lisa.
Old 04-15-2004, 02:59 PM   #59
dylanfan
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlttrGrrl

I didn't think it was a bit odd that he played only one song or that it was speedy.Maybe it's just me, but I always think Lisa looks like she's about to cry when she's on stage. I thought she looked frumpy and not like the goddess that she is

what was odd about it was the crap they used to fill time since mccain was a no show. donkey girl? anyway whatever. as for lisa...fragile comes to mind. fragile and delicate. yeah that's the ticket.
dylanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2004, 03:00 PM   #60
aeneas3
Eskimo Friend

yeah the senator failed to show up so things were a little out of wack last night for dave. the performance was great, a good taste of tonight! cant wait. lisa always looks hot
aeneas3 is offline   Reply With Quote