Home   | About   | Contact  | Lyrics  | Tabs  | Forum

The Igloo

Go Back   The Igloo > Everything Else > Everything Else

Old 12-09-2004, 01:19 PM   #1
Hendrik
Teddy Daniels

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory?id=314575

I don't give a sh*t if it's Pantera or Brian McFadden or anyone else...THAT is just awful! [img]smileys/smiley19.gif[/img]

Edit: John Lennon was murdered the exact day twenty-four years ago...someone else said this could be related.

---

My mum was shopping this morning and on her way back to home some loopy teenagers snotted (?) on her (you know, like you keep shut one of your nostrils with one finger and then...eww). Gosh, this is so disgusting and abasing, those f**kers should get a bullet in their *@!*!! [img]smileys/smiley7.gif[/img] (Sorry, I know what I say is wrong but I'm so upset about this right now)

WHAT'S HAPPENING NOWADAYS??? [img]smileys/smiley18.gif[/img] Edited by: Hendrik
Hendrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2004, 01:21 PM   #2
Uno- X
Eskimo CSI

the world's gone totally crazy

Uno- X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2004, 01:59 PM   #3
sarahukuk
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendrik
My mum was shopping this morning and on her way back to home some loopy teenagers snotted (?) on her (you know, like you keep shut one of your nostrils with one finger and then...eww). Gosh, this is so disgusting and abasing, those f**kers should get a bullet in their *@!*!! [img]smileys/smiley7.gif[/img] (Sorry, I know what I say is wrong but I'm so upset about this right now)

WHAT'S HAPPENING NOWADAYS??? [img]smileys/smiley18.gif[/img]

thats so discusting your poor mum what did she do i would of slapped them fecking hard! my cousins boyfriend has a black eye thanks to some idiotic teenager who hit him with a bottle for no reason at all [img]smileys/smiley5.gif[/img]
sarahukuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2004, 02:16 PM   #4
maccas81
Eskimo Ladies Man

as someone who is currently working as a secondary teacher (part--time , thankfully...my sanity couldnt take it full time!) i can assure you that something is very very wrong with our young people today...their attitude to others, the proliferation of violence...i dont know where it comes from, but i can only assume they arent being brought up properly....or that enough care isnt being paid them by their parents to ensure they know the difference in right and wrong.
Old 12-09-2004, 02:56 PM   #5
Enoch
Eskimo Regular

Unbelievable. I'm a big Pantera fan.
Old 12-09-2004, 03:20 PM   #6
pamela
Eskimo Regular

...pantera fans in love [img]smileys/smiley17.gif[/img]
Old 12-09-2004, 03:36 PM   #7
jayavo
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccas81

as someone who is currently working as a secondary teacher (part--time , thankfully...my sanity couldnt take it full time!) i can assure you that something is very very wrong with our young people today...their attitude to others, the proliferation of violence...i dont know where it comes from, but i can only assume they arent being brought up properly....or that enough care isnt being paid them by their parents to ensure they know the difference in right and wrong.

a large part of the youth today, especially in america, are not being raised at all. they are being tolerated til they arent the parents responsiblity. why do we put freaking t.vs in cars now? one more way to avoid speaking to our kids. its a f**king crime. and we are all a part of it. this society is only concerned with material things, thats what kids see on t.v and thats what they grow up thinking. that and image. and what image do they see portrayed everywhere? sex, violence, and utter contempt for other people. i do not find it surprising in the least that kids are behaving so horribly today. they become what they see. people seem surprised about 12 yr olds having sex being the norm. and yet dont connect the fact that britney spears and all the young 'singers' are portrayed as whores and then are packaged and sold to those same 12 yr olds. the world spends 6 trillion dollars a year on advertising. they do it because it works. im no prude. i love sex and love all different ways of doing it. but that doesnt mean i have to accept or like it being everywhere my daughter looks.

okokok i dont mean to hijack a thread about the deaths ofpeople. my thoughts go out to the families.

jason

No one's death comes to pass without making some impression, and those close to the deceased inherit part of the liberated soul and become richer in their humanness.-Hermann Broch
Old 12-09-2004, 03:54 PM   #8
maccas81
Eskimo Ladies Man

i couldnt agree more with your assesment. its sad, though, very sad.
Old 12-10-2004, 01:45 PM   #9
Enoch
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamela
...pantera fans in love [img]smileys/smiley17.gif[/img]

?
Old 12-10-2004, 01:56 PM   #10
dramaking
King of Pain

i heard the man ran onto the stage and yelled: "you broke up pantera" and shot. this is really crazy...

Old 12-10-2004, 03:00 PM   #11
JudgeDread
Eskimo Baby

Yeah .. he blamed Darrel Abbott for breaking up Pantera .. This happened just a hop skip and a jump from where I live now .. I was going to say something, but Jayavo already said it .. so I'll second him ..

Some of the problem, as well .. is that people generalize .. I'm not a violent person .. but being poor and from the ghetto in a poor city, people have always assumed that I'm just as bad as the worst people in my 'hood .. Especially now that I've moved out of Cleveland and to one of the suburbs (sort of) I still have that "Cleveland rep" hangin' over my head .. I used to like it and the protection it gave me .. but now it's growing old and making me tired .. and to see it thrown back in my face anyway just upsets me even more .. However, another contributing factor to the violent nature of people, namely youth, these days .. I think is what was best summed up in the movie "Zooman" .. "You want to treat me like an animal? Fine, I'll act like an animal."

Just my 2 cents .. However, Darrell Abbott was one of the last true metal guitarists out there .. it's sad to see him go, especially in such a haphazard way ..

If I was President I'd get elected on Friday, assassinated on Saturday, buried on Sunday ..
JudgeDread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2004, 06:51 PM   #12
Always_Echos
Miss Eskimo 2006

I totally hate the area i live in, you get gangs of 'rude boys' the idiots who dont talk properly & wear their trousers end tucked into their socks. They randomly start on my mates just coz we're different. I used 2 get called a dirty slag when i was walking down the road just because i was going through my goth phrase & worea lot of dark make up. The world is full of p***ks like that, its so sad to see everything coming to this.
Old 12-10-2004, 06:52 PM   #13
Donsie B!
Eskimo Charmer

lets get them yound punks..
4 drinks down and i just don't care,
5 in the morning,
6 stories up looking down,
7 still fighting,
8 times around but this time i wont drown!

Nightrocker- The Chalets
Donsie B! is offline   Reply With Quote