Old 07-22-2006, 10:01 AM   #63
Miss Pink
Eskimo Regular

got em
Old 07-22-2006, 10:03 AM   #64
Miss Pink
Eskimo Regular

now i return to my bed.

i have 2 tix to the 2nd night in the standing area.

goodnight eskimos
Old 07-22-2006, 10:11 AM   #65
dandylittledreamer
Eskimo Friend

i cant get them ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
dandylittledreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2006, 10:11 AM   #66
Dean C
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Pink
now i return to my bed.

i have 2 tix to the 2nd night in the standing area.

goodnight eskimos
LOL, that makes two of us I got out of bed for this and now im going back
Dean C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2006, 10:14 AM   #67
dandylittledreamer
Eskimo Friend

noo,why couldnt i get them??
Old 07-22-2006, 10:16 AM   #68
AidanJH
Eskimo Baby

Default Sold out?

This is unbelievable

I clicked find tickets the SECOND, the freaking SECOND they became on sale and it told me that they were sold out.

How the ?%&!" is this possible?

If anyone has a spare for either night please let me know I will pay over the odds
AidanJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2006, 10:32 AM   #69
soda
dutchkimo

I went to a ticketmaster point, and got some sics for the first night, only standing tics left, and i was number 4 in the cue!

But anyway, i'm gonna see damien playing some songs for the first time! (second time I will see him...lol)
soda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2006, 10:44 AM   #70
Oisin
How Do U Keep Love Alive?

URL][IMG]URL=http://allyoucanupload.webshots.com/viewimage?imageID=1520645892042864186][/url][/IMG]

What, what are the words
They use when they know it's over
"We need to talk," or
"I'm confused, maybe later you can come over"

Ryan Adams

Last edited by Oisin; 07-22-2006 at 11:03 AM.
Oisin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2006, 10:46 AM   #71
soda
dutchkimo

i hate people overpricing gig tickets.
soda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2006, 11:48 AM   #72
dandylittledreamer
Eskimo Friend

ah im so happy now!
after my mishap with ticketmaster online (i got up at 9 to make sure i'd get tickets online! - grrr!!!!)
i rang road records and they held tickets for me, so im just back from town, i picked them up! im so happy, i love road records! yay!!!
seems there's only standin tickets left everywhere, where did all the tickets go?? i couldnt get them at 10!
Old 07-22-2006, 12:54 PM   #73
Banjohead
Eskimo Regular

Ugh.....im sooooooooooooooo mad!!! I cant believe i didnt get ne..! My 1st time ever waitin+just gettin d tickets on d net+dey bloody sell out!!!! U know when it says currently not on Sale on ticketmaster.......does dat def mean sold out....or is der a teeny tiny chance they mite go on sale again in d not so current future!????
Old 07-22-2006, 01:09 PM   #74
Miss Pink
Eskimo Regular

ring road records or sound celler?

btw goodmorning again eskimos
Old 07-22-2006, 02:10 PM   #75
Bumpman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banjohead
does dat def mean sold out....or is der a teeny tiny chance they mite go on sale again in d not so current future!????
Conversely enough Mr. Head, it means both. They're definitely all gone, and there's always about 30 or 40 that come back on sale at various times. The unfortunate part is that there's no announcement of the sale, they just get put up in groups of anywhere between one and four tickets. Something to do with people who order by a credit card with wrong information or a maxed out credit card, and also people who are mean enough to buy sixteen tickets at once and stupid enough to bill them all to the same address.

Not that any of that matters because your chances of actually logging on and finding them are at least a million to one. The ethical dilemma of eBay is now your home.
Old 07-23-2006, 12:46 PM   #76
theboxer
Eskimo Friend

Default VIDEO & PHOTO

Does anyone know if it's safe to take a video camera (a tiny Sony handycam) to record the show, and maybe my Fuji S7000 camera?

I managed to get two tickets for the 29th show - first time seeing DR live so I'm REALLY looking forward to it! I'll be travelling from Liverpool to Dublin, so not only my first DR concert but my first time in Dublin... and I'm taking me Ma for a birthday treat so a triple whammy!
theboxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 01:37 PM   #77
Bumpman

There's a list of reasons why taking a video camera would be a terrible idea. Firstly the folk at Vicar St are quite strict, they'll notice a camera within a few minutes and will automatically assume you're recording it because you want to sell it for astronomical amounts on eBay later. Then you'll be thrown out of the venue. Secondly, lately Damien appears to be in the habit of telling people to put away their cameras... mainly it's because of idiots who don't know how to use aperture and shutter speed, and instead rely on flash. If you still want your own photos i'd say bringing a digital camera would probably be the best idea. They don't take too kindly to SLR's in my personal experience.
Old 07-23-2006, 04:59 PM   #78
dandylittledreamer
Eskimo Friend

bumpman (u seem to know a lot!) or anyone else ...
are they very strict on ID in vicar street, do they check, do people get turned away?
the ticket says 'ID required' but i've been to other gigs where it says the same but i was never asked
Old 07-23-2006, 05:28 PM   #79
Dean C
Eskimo Regular

Can anyone tell me how far it is from:

a) Dublin Airport to Dublin City University
b) Dublin City University to Thomas Street (the road vicar street venue is on)
c) Thomas Street (the road vicar street venue is on) to dublin city center

Dean C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 05:32 PM   #80
Bumpman

I don't really know a lot, I just think I do, and I use big words to achieve a sense of self-worth.

Vicar St like to think of themselves as a classy venue, more recently they've stopped letting the non-ticket-holding public into the bar... Which isn't a bad idea considering their location. Still though, they're in the habit of trying to maintain whatever mystique they have left. So yes, in my personal experience they do check for ID, Three years ago I went to see Damien there and I had just turned seventeen. The guys on the door asked me "Got any ID there?", I said "NO!" in a much louder voice then I intended to (the crippling nervousness you understand). The result of which was a bit of a chuckle and more of a nod from the doorman, and in I went... and there was much rejoicing.

Realistically, if you have a ticket to a sold-out show they won't give you much hassle. Just don't try to dress like what you'd imagine a twenty-five year old looks like, because you'll end up looking like a ventriloquist's dummy doing an impression of a whore. The best way to get around the age problem is to arrive early (so they'll know you're not there to get tanked on their property), wear the most comfortable clothes you own, and for god's sake, don't walk up to the door doing your best Samel L. Jackson impression, (ie. no deep voice, no snappy one-liners.)

If you do actually get into trouble with ID, there's one solution that usually works; Firstly, don't say "ah go on, PLEASE. I travelled all the way from Mayo/Longford/Calcutta". Make sure that you're in the queue with someone who can prove that they're over twenty-one, if you're not, then find someone, queue beside them and arrange beforehand that if (and only if) you're turned away at the door. They'll then claim to be your older brother/sister, mentioning that you've both travelled 100 miles just here to see the show, and that they'll be with you the whole time.

I've never come across a situation where that doesn't work. You shouldn't really have to do it in the first place though (unless you're 13 or something, in which case you're screwed)
Old 07-23-2006, 05:33 PM   #81
Bumpman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean C
Buy a map.
Old 07-23-2006, 05:40 PM   #82
dandylittledreamer
Eskimo Friend

bumpman you've just prooved that you do infact know a lot!

well i'm going with my friend who is 18, should i bother even bringing someone else's ID, who may resemble me just a little (not really tho) or should I just say I dont have any?

haha i'd never try to dress older, especially if i'd turn out like a ventriloquist's dummy doing an impression of a whore??? great description, i have seen it myself!
Old 07-23-2006, 06:13 PM   #83
Bumpman

If the ID looks sufficently like your head does, then it's probably the best answer. If there's any doubt then say that you don't have any. Just remember that those guys arent stupid, they make their living telling under 18's from over 18's. They'll spot a borrowed ID from a mile away, and will most likely have clocked you as being under 18 before you even approach them. Just don't hassle them, and don't argue with them and it'll all work out fine.
Old 07-23-2006, 06:37 PM   #84
Closing_Doors
Hysterical & Useless

Never gotten/seen any hassle over ID at Vicar St myself (this goes for the bar too). You should be fine.
how a little love goes a long long long way.

-- Simon Armitage
Closing_Doors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 07:35 PM   #85
#Ian#
Destroyer of worlds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean C

a) Not very, but you'll probably have to get a taxi unless you wnat to go all the way into the city and then back out.

b) Not sure, too far to walk anyways. You can get a bus though, timetables at www.cie.ie and click the Dublin Bus link.

c) 10-15 minute walk depending on where you're coming from.

What day are you going to? We might be able to help you find something to do afterwards.
Old 07-23-2006, 09:07 PM   #86
dandylittledreamer
Eskimo Friend

coolio, thanks bumpman for your advice!!
oh thanks too to closing doors!
hopefully i'll get in with no problem!
Old 07-23-2006, 10:24 PM   #87
Bumpman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Closing_Doors
Never gotten/seen any hassle over ID at Vicar St myself (this goes for the bar too). You should be fine.
You look like the kinda guy who brings a clawhammer with him everywhere though. If I were a barmaid I wouldn't be asking questions, I'd hand over the Appletini (easy on the "tini").
Old 07-24-2006, 12:48 AM   #88
hbhdaem
eskimo hippie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandylittledreamer
bumpman (u seem to know a lot!) or anyone else ...
are they very strict on ID in vicar street, do they check, do people get turned away?
the ticket says 'ID required' but i've been to other gigs where it says the same but i was never asked
they never id. believe me. i've been there a thousand million times (fact) and i've never once been id'd...and i get id'd everywhere.
im not god - no - im not god.i may love you,but I'm not god -
hbhdaem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 01:25 AM   #89
Bumpman

My brother went to a show there once and they checked absolutely everyone for ID. They even checked a gust of wind... Maybe someone had complained to the cops the previous night or something.
Old 07-24-2006, 08:35 AM   #90
theboxer
Eskimo Friend

Default video & camera recording

Thanks Seán for the tip... I think I'll give the video and camera a miss... I know my business when it comes to none flash photography, but I don't fancy getting flung out. Shame as I wasn't intending on selling the footage or pic's, just for personal use and sharing with others who'd like to see.

If anyone does record the first night (audio/video) I'd really be interested in trading for a copy.

Another note... I was lucky enough to get floor table seats - I checked my ticket progress today and I have allocated seat numbers - does this confirm that it will be seated in front of the stage?

See you's all there!
theboxer is offline   Reply With Quote