Home   | About   | Contact  | Lyrics  | Tabs  | Forum

The Igloo

Go Back   The Igloo > Damien Rice > Damien Rice

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-07-2010, 04:08 AM   #1
SisterMidnight
Jellyfishsting

Default The Mission Blue Voyage

i saw folks talking about this is in another thread, but i figure it's interesting enough to warrant it's own, so...

damien set sail for the galapagos islands earlier today! how crazy/cool is that?!

damo's newsie:

Quote:
The Mission Blue Voyage - a project of the TED Prize
"The first time I became aware of TED.COM was when a friend sent me a link to a talk by Jill Bolte Taylor, a brain scientist who experienced a stroke. I found it so impressive and started watching other videos and loved that someone had made these kinds of talks available. When I got an invitation to take part in the TED Prize - Mission Blue Voyage, I immediately said yes, of course. Here's the link to Jill's talk, and from there you can watch other 'ideas worth spreading' as they say at TED and so I thought I'd share them here too for anyone who may enjoy them." [damien rice]

Galapagos Islands : April 6-10, 2010
In response to the growing ocean crises, we are gathering the world's most renowned ocean experts and marine scientists, deep sea explorers, technology innovators, policy makers, business leaders, environmentalists, activists and artists, for an epic adventure into the blue. Together, this spectacular group will become immersed in learning about our earth's waters and draw inspiration from the challenging new ideas presented to save the Blue Heart of the Planet. Over four days, attendees will experience seven fully programmed TED sessions. In addition, we will explore the surrounding landscape and sea, designed to stimulate the intellect and stir the soul, discovering up close the wonders that make the Land of Darwin one of the world's most unparalleled adventure travel destinations.
SisterMidnight is offline   Reply With Quote