Home   | About   | Contact  | Lyrics  | Tabs  | Forum

The Igloo

Go Back   The Igloo > Damien Rice > Musician Stuff

Old 07-25-2010, 02:33 AM   #1
Brandinian
Toffee Popper

Default Download my album for free!

Hey guys,

Some of you know that I am in a two man acoustic comedy/pop band called Sponsored By Poverty. Well, we just released our first self-produced full length album "The Future of Awesome" and I figured that I would give it to you guys for a free download if you want it..

Here it is: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=861V57SQ

Please be advised, it's comedy and therefore might be offensive to younger people. If you downloaded it, please let me know what you thought! Heck, at least you can listen to something completely unrelated yet hilarious to tide you over until Damien decides to release something. :-)
Brandinian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 02:48 AM   #2
verenita
... trusty and true ...

downloading! i hope i can understand you guys well, he. i´ll let you know what i think
Old 07-25-2010, 03:48 PM   #3
Brandinian
Toffee Popper

Thanks! Besides the Irish I've never had anyone from another country listen to our music, so hopefully none of it gets lost in translation!
Old 07-25-2010, 05:03 PM   #4
verenita
... trusty and true ...

i had troubles with the file. i couldn´t open it, i´ll try again though
Old 07-25-2010, 05:52 PM   #5
Brandinian
Toffee Popper

That zip file might not work, so try this one: https://www.yousendit.com/download/T...ZEtRWUpjR0E9PQ
Old 07-26-2010, 08:37 AM   #6
cille
creepycute

Thanks! I will pick it up when I come home from work tonight!
Old 07-26-2010, 05:19 PM   #7
Brandinian
Toffee Popper

Thanks everyone, hope you like it!
Old 07-26-2010, 09:42 PM   #8
verenita
... trusty and true ...

i finally downloaded (from the second link) and i´ve listened a little bit... it´s quite funny. what ideas have crossed your mind to make something like this? (just curiosity ) i bet you had a lot o fun at the recording thing
Old 07-26-2010, 09:54 PM   #9
Brandinian
Toffee Popper

Thanks :-). We had a great time writing the songs over the past four years, but the recording process was a bit rough at times haha. Basically we're both musicians, and we're both acting majors. I've always had a knack for comedy and have always admired Stephen Lynch and Weird Al for their comedy music. Really we wanted to set out to create music that was really catchy, but also really funny.

Laughter is one of the best gifts that you can give to someone. Humor makes people feel great, and it can be a really powerful tool in a dark time. We love to go and perform live because we bring so much energy to our music and people always have a blast watching us. We just love getting to be silly and saying these really taboo things that would be unacceptable if we were anywhere but up on stage.

As for how we think of the songs, well, all of the inspiration comes from different places. For instance, we have a friend and she was telling us about how she had a kid and when she did, she had to sign a waiver at the hospital agreeing to "Never never never shake her baby". Naturally, we decided to write a dance tune about shaking babies based on that. A lot of the songs are based off of reality like "Girl At Panera Bread", and we just blatantly stretch the truth. Other things are just completely random thoughts that come to our sick demented heads. :-)
Old 07-26-2010, 10:04 PM   #10
verenita
... trusty and true ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandinian View Post
Laughter is one of the best gifts that you can give to someone. Humor makes people feel great, and it can be a really powerful tool in a dark time. We love to go and perform live because we bring so much energy to our music and people always have a blast watching us. We just love getting to be silly and saying these really taboo things that would be unacceptable if we were anywhere but up on stage.
that´s so true... i love laughing just because and being silly... i´m quite good at that a friend of mine told me i´m a funny person to be with and this is one the best compliments i´ve ever got.

i´ve heard the song about shaking babies and it´s hilarious i can´t wait to listen "on facebbok"... that title makes me lol, even though i have not idea what the song is about.
Old 07-26-2010, 10:13 PM   #11
Brandinian
Toffee Popper

Being funny really is one of the best compliments that you can give someone!

Glad you liked the Shakin' Babies song. On Facebook is a good one, and one of my personal favorites of ours!
Old 07-27-2010, 03:10 PM   #12
verenita
... trusty and true ...

"on facebook" song is hilarious
"life is much easier on facebbok"... they succed in making us believe that, don´t they? uuufff.

Last edited by verenita; 07-28-2010 at 05:59 PM.
verenita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 04:18 AM   #13
Brandinian
Toffee Popper

Hah yes they do, we are a community fully dependent on social networking. Thanks for listening once again! We just played a brand new open mic we'd never been to tonight and sold out all of the copies of our CD, so we're riding pretty happily right now on that.
Old 07-29-2010, 02:49 PM   #14
verenita
... trusty and true ...

cool! i´m happy for you