Home   | About   | Contact  | Lyrics  | Tabs  | Forum

The Igloo

Go Back   The Igloo > Everything Else > Introduce Yourself

Old 09-07-2003, 09:36 AM   #1
Kieran H 20
Eskimo Baby

Hi everyone i'm kieran, been a damien rice fan for ages and ages, first time posting here tho.
Just a bit of gossip for ye all which i thought was very interesting.
Was talking to a friend of mine a few days ago who's pretty well known in the dublin music scene, he's good friends with paddy casey and he was talking to a few of the lads during the week about the frames now song Fake(great song if anyone's heard it) but does anyone know who it's about?!?!? Yup u guessed it - Damien
So i hope everyone knows that damien was going out with Lisa for ages and then they had a pretty bad break up coz damien cheated on her(around witnness last year)so their relationship now is pretty hot and cold. So now lisa's seeing Glen from the frames and he's not getting on with damien at all so that's why fake is about damien that and he's an egomaniac lol
Oh yeah and Tomo and damien aren't getting along very well either

So that's the gossip from inside the damien rice camp
Kieran H 20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2003, 11:48 AM   #2
tasha039
Eskimo Regular

well, firstly, welcome to eskimofriends..secondly that was interesting gossip. Is it true?
Old 09-07-2003, 12:24 PM   #3
administrator
forum administrator

no, i hate that kind of gossip. and it's not from inside the damien rice camp, it's just gossip.i've seen damien and glen together since then acting like best mates, lisa's been on tour with damien and you just have to watch the amsterdam video from www.fabchannel.com to see that damien and tomo are getting on.
administrator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2003, 01:06 PM   #4
Kieran H 20
Eskimo Baby

Well as i said i heard all this from a friend of mine who was spending the week with paddy, he was talking to the frames guitarist and that's what he was saying.
And as for tomo and damo, tomo used to live down here in killarney, playing with a local band called sin-iad before he joined damo and crew, so he's got alot of friends down here, the last time he was down here he wasn't very happy, damo wants to keep the name just damien rice but tomo wants it to be the Damien Rice band or something of that kinda thing, the damien rice group etc,
Tomo also had an offer from Gemma to play drums with her on her American tour, betcha didn't know that?!?!?[img]smileys/smiley2.gif[/img]
Old 09-07-2003, 01:24 PM   #5
tasha039
Eskimo Regular

hmm, I am confused severely [img]smileys/smiley5.gif[/img]
Old 09-07-2003, 02:06 PM   #6
Wheels
Eskimo Enigma

Well I was at the recording of Songs from a room... Damien, Lisa, Tomo and Glen all present and all being pally... Lisa was hanging out with Damien, not Glen, that is when they weren't all together...

The earlier discussion 'are they/are they not an item' was just a bit of fun... whether any of the above rumours are true it's none of our business and could be upsetting... so lets just leave it at that eh?

But welcome to the board Kieran.
Wheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2003, 04:31 PM   #7
Sionna
Eskimo Regular

I'm with wheels,none of its our business.Brought up a good point with the 'damien rice band' thing,whats everyone think bout that?
Old 09-08-2003, 05:45 AM   #8
katinka
Eskimo Regular

not my business!!
katinka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2003, 07:57 AM   #9
Kieran H 20
Eskimo Baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheels
The earlier discussion 'are they/are they not an item' was just a bit of fun... whether any of the above rumours are true it's none of our business and could be upsetting... so lets just leave it at that eh?
That's true it really isn't any of our business, sorry if i upset anyone.
Another interesting thing concerns shane the bass player, i know he plays on paddys new album and as far as i know he's going to be touring with him 2, anyone know?
Old 09-08-2003, 08:16 AM   #10
Wheels
Eskimo Enigma

Don't know if it's true, but could be. The band all do other things as well... they're kind of like the Travelling Wilburys...Edited by: Wheels
Wheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2003, 09:40 AM   #11
FredDaNinjaPunk
Eskimo Regular

I never knew that Tomo was THAT Tomo!! Duh! [img]smileys/smiley5.gif[/img] [img]smileys/smiley9.gif[/img]

He used to play with a band called Poor Uncle Harry and with Leslie Keye down in Killarney too usen't he??? He's a legend...

Are Sin Iad still goin? and if they are, do they still play in the Grand almost every nite?!!
Old 09-09-2003, 10:45 AM   #12
Kieran H 20
Eskimo Baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredDaNinjaPunk
I never knew that Tomo was THAT Tomo!! Duh! [img]smileys/smiley5.gif[/img] [img]smileys/smiley9.gif[/img]
Yeah It's that blad headed american tomo!!!! and yeah sin iad are still playing, only one nite in the grand now, still with the exact same set list as every other nite lol

Poor uncle harry were brilliant, u ever see him in Albino??? very very good.

Old 09-09-2003, 11:04 AM   #13
FredDaNinjaPunk
Eskimo Regular

Yeah, Poor Uncle Harry were class...I worked with Chris Black for a couple of weeks, that's why I went to see them in the first place.
Same set list eh? That's gas. Feck it, I love Killarney!!

Albino...that's the name of the band Tomo was in with Les Keye...I couldn't think of it yesterday. Yes I saw them once or twice in....guess where? The Grand!! Saw Keye 3 or 4 times in the Bean House on his own, bought his album and thought he was class so I had to check out Albino...now that I think of it I remember Tomo being at the Bean House a couple of those nites aswell!!

I still can't believe I didn't make the connection between the two American drummers called Tomo!! Still,...i've never seen Damien and the band live yet...not even on video so I'm sure it would have clicked with me next weekend when I see them in Boston anyway.
Old 09-10-2003, 10:14 AM   #14
Kieran H 20
Eskimo Baby

And the best thing about tomo is that he hasn't changed a bit. He's still the same old easy going guy that he always was.
The music scene in killarney has gone down abit, the grand does alot of kinda punk rocky poppy stuff, J-90 and Dueces Wild as well as sin iad, some trad stuff etc.
The granary is really the only place for really good singer songwriter stuff.
This local guy called stephen hodd is gonna release his album soon and it'll be brilliant, he supported damien when he was down here 3 times. he's touring pretty soon, he wries amazing songs so if u get a chance check him out
Old 09-10-2003, 10:28 AM   #15
FredDaNinjaPunk
Eskimo Regular

Deadly, has he a website? The granary is new enough is it? Or is it just a new name? (like Courtneys uesta be the Strawberry tree). I spent two summers there when it was still called that! Haven't been back that much since tho.
Seen J-90 in Cork alrite. They're a good covers band. Very lively
Old 09-10-2003, 10:33 AM   #16
FredDaNinjaPunk
Eskimo Regular

With regard to the initial gossip...Paddy Casey strikes me as the kinda guy who'd probably make that stuff up just for a laugh! (especially if he was stoned!!!)
Old 09-11-2003, 03:25 PM   #17
Kieran H 20
Eskimo Baby

No don't think he was messing, shane played on the album, which is VERY good by the way, so i dunno, will get a bit more info, And with regard to paddy, he's totally cleaned up, no smoking, no drink, which is great[img]smileys/smiley4.gif[/img]

J-90 - i was pretty impressed by them, they really give everything when performing, they must be f**ked tired at the end of the gigs!!!
The Granary is a fairly newish pub, built down behind the inisfallen shopping center, check it out if ur around again
Old 09-12-2003, 09:22 AM   #18
FredDaNinjaPunk
Eskimo Regular

Yeah? That's cool. Is the new PC album out at home now? Its hard to keep up over here. Back next week tho...nice!

Yeah I must spend more weekends in Killarney next year. Cheers for the info.
Old 09-14-2003, 06:12 AM   #19
Scon
Eskimo Regular

This rumour was started on The Frames website a while back and got into a heated discussion.
We all know a load of Irish artists pop in there and read, so I'm sure some of them got a good laugh out of the Damien rumour and were talking about it amongst themselves. Who knows what way it spread.
Scon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2003, 12:25 PM   #20
Kieran H 20
Eskimo Baby

[quote=FredDaNinjaPunk] Is the new PC album out at home now?QUOTE]

Paddys album is out October 21st, the single is out next week i think. Got a listen to the album and it's really good, one thing u notice straight away is that it's soooo much better produced than amen, i was a bit disappointed that Red Light didn't make it onto the album, i love that song, but i got a promo copy of his new single(i work part time in a record shop) and it's on the b side so i'm happy [img]smileys/smiley1.gif[/img] [img]smileys/smiley1.gif[/img] [img]smileys/smiley1.gif[/img] [img]smileys/smiley1.gif[/img]

So be sure to check out the album when it comes out
Old 09-19-2003, 06:14 AM   #21
marina
Eskimo Regular

Have to agree Killarney is class, spend loadsa weekends down there especially during the summer...mmm mac's restaurant [img]smileys/smiley17.gif[/img]
Old 09-19-2003, 06:24 AM   #22
katinka
Eskimo Regular

mmmm I was in Kallarney this summer. Spend one night on a camping and it rained it rained it rained. everything wet inside. I didn't like the town, to touristic!![img]smileys/smiley6.gif[/img]
Old 09-19-2003, 06:46 AM   #23
marina
Eskimo Regular

aw sorry, it rains an awful lot over here...it would be a fine country if only we could put a roof over it haha [img]smileys/smiley17.gif[/img]

you didn't by any chance pass through Limerick in your travels?
Old 09-19-2003, 06:49 AM   #24
katinka
Eskimo Regular

yes i did. flew into Shannon, went by bus to Doolin. had to wait in Limerick for about 2 hours at the busstation. when i left i came by bus from Dingle (o how i loooooooooooooove Dingle) and had to hop over again in Limerick. So, just passing by..
Old 11-06-2003, 11:48 AM   #25
Anniki
Eskimo Baby

Hi there... I was Ireland in summer... I was in tehe Grand every Monday and often on Tuesday or at the weekends... it was great, i worked an the killarney riding stables for 2 month. i enjoyed my time.... and i´m very sadthat it´s over [img]smileys/smiley19.gif[/img]

have dueces wild or J-90 a homepage?

would be nice if somebody will answer....

nice greets from germany, annik
Anniki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2003, 12:09 PM   #26
october
Eskimo Regular

iv seen j90 play a good few times, talking to them after their gigs they are usually recked, but they put on a grest show
waiting at the window,wondering what to do,im outside looking up at you, you close the curtin and im feeling blue,i walk the gutter,this week has been an utter blunder,hope we have some fun nxt summer
october is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2003, 01:04 PM   #27
tis_me_Tania
Eskimo Regular

welcome anni! [img]smileys/smiley4.gif[/img]
tis_me_Tania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2004, 12:55 PM   #28
administrator
forum administrator

you can hear glen talking about the damien rice/fake thingie here:

http://www.abc.net.au/triplej/2003/i...ews/frames.mp3

Old 01-04-2004, 01:16 PM   #29
Sionna
Eskimo Regular

Its not playing for me,do you have a link so I can save it?
Old 01-04-2004, 01:20 PM   #30
administrator
forum administrator

http://www.abc.net.au/triplej/2003/i...ews/frames.mp3Edited by: emmettu2