Home   | About   | Contact  | Lyrics  | Tabs  | Forum

The Igloo

Go Back   The Igloo > Damien Rice > Damien Rice

Old 10-14-2014, 12:01 PM   #1
borneoman
Insane Eskimo

Default No show in Toronto

Toronto and Chicago Shows Rescheduled
Due to a sustained ear infection, I'm sorry to say that I am forced to reschedule tonight's show in Toronto. I would like to apologise to everyone who attended the Chicago show last night and I will be rescheduling this show also. News of rescheduled dates will follow shortly to official ticket holders.
-damien

(from his fb)
Old 10-14-2014, 12:20 PM   #2
irishsamurai
Eskimo Baby

I baught my tickets from ticketliquidator.com? I hope his people consider this an "official" ticket holder or else I'm gonna flip. Will actually probably just go about my life with just a hole inside me.
irishsamurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 12:20 PM   #3
irishsamurai
Eskimo Baby

That ear infection has got to blow though
Old 10-14-2014, 12:29 PM   #4
irishsamurai
Eskimo Baby

I paid 400 for 2 tickets
Old 10-14-2014, 12:51 PM   #5
glo32
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishsamurai View Post
I paid 400 for 2 tickets
I am sorry but... why?
he was going to come back to Toronto in a few months anyway.

it's not that I don't understand your regret, but it is like you demand him to play (even if ill) because you paid a lot for your ticket?

ticketliquidator is not an official ticket retailer, it's a website where scalpers can do their job because people buy overpriced tickets at their own risk...
glo32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 01:21 PM   #6
signalfire
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
I baught my tickets from ticketliquidator.com? I hope his people consider this an "official" ticket holder or else I'm gonna flip. Will actually probably just go about my life with just a hole inside me.
If the ticket is legitimate, you should probably be fine for the rescheduling. However, buying from a third party site like that, there's always the risk that it's fake, and you won't be able to get a refund if you can't make the rescheduled show.
signalfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 02:26 PM   #7
DesoleInBoston
Eskimo Regular

I imagine this is the kind of pressure that will drive him back to his more reclusive ad hoc touring style. How could we blame him for this? When someone feels awful yet obligated to perform, in ANY situation, then everyone feels like ****e. I hope he takes all the time he needs so that he actually wants to be doing these performances.
DesoleInBoston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 02:50 PM   #8
irishsamurai
Eskimo Baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by glo32 View Post
I am sorry but... why?
he was going to come back to Toronto in a few months anyway.

it's not that I don't understand your regret, but it is like you demand him to play (even if ill) because you paid a lot for your ticket?

ticketliquidator is not an official ticket retailer, it's a website where scalpers can do their job because people buy overpriced tickets at their own risk...
easy GLo, i never demanded him to play. Did you read my post above? I said that his ear infection has got to blow though and then all i stated is what I paid for the ticket. Take it easy.... I wish him to take as much time as he needs to recover. And I paid that much because the tickets sold out immediately and music is a huge part of my life and Damien Rice just so happens to have a great influence over it.

Last edited by irishsamurai; 10-14-2014 at 02:54 PM.
Old 10-14-2014, 02:50 PM   #9
irishsamurai
Eskimo Baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by signalfire View Post
If the ticket is legitimate, you should probably be fine for the rescheduling. However, buying from a third party site like that, there's always the risk that it's fake, and you won't be able to get a refund if you can't make the rescheduled show.
Thank you.
Old 10-14-2014, 03:00 PM   #10
irishsamurai
Eskimo Baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesoleInBoston View Post
I imagine this is the kind of pressure that will drive him back to his more reclusive ad hoc touring style. How could we blame him for this? When someone feels awful yet obligated to perform, in ANY situation, then everyone feels like ****e. I hope he takes all the time he needs so that he actually wants to be doing these performances.
Jesus Christ, how did I blame anyone? You people need to read. I mentioned "his people" in regards to establishing which vendors are deemed "official". I have the utmost respect for Damien. I have mentioned my well wishes, and sincere hopes for him to become healthy. I just don't mention it in every one of my comments bc i'd feel they'd just become insincere.

This is a "fan community". I have never once bashed Damien in any of these posts or put pressure on him personally. His management is the one that should be taking care of this lad and taking care of all his business so he doesn't have to.
Old 10-14-2014, 03:06 PM   #11
glo32
Eskimo Regular

irishsamurai maybe your words were misunderstood because you were posting two or three comments in a row so you looked a bit angry about all this.
we weren't attacking you actually, I was talking about a general attitude I've seen here on his facebook page and now (it seems) from you - something like "I have paid a lot for this and he doesn't perform". Although I am sorry for you guys that didn't see him perform, all I'm saying is that when you buy tickets from non-official places you do it at your own risk, and nor Damien nor his management can do anything about that...
Old 10-14-2014, 03:16 PM   #12
DesoleInBoston
Eskimo Regular

So sorry irishsamurai, I wasn't referencing you at all. I meant sort of "How could one blame him for this?". Sorry if you felt attacked in any way. Some of the venom I saw on Twitter and Facebook last night and this morning made me wince. I really hope everyone gets a chance to see him eventually. Many of us have a lot at stake, but ultimately Damien is only human...just like the rest of us.
DesoleInBoston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 03:22 PM   #13
irishsamurai
Eskimo Baby

Quote:
irishsamurai maybe your words were misunderstood because you were posting two or three comments in a row so you looked a bit angry about all this.
we weren't attacking you actually, I was talking about a general attitude I've seen here on his facebook page and now (it seems) from you - something like "I have paid a lot for this and he doesn't perform". Although I am sorry for you guys that didn't see him perform, all I'm saying is that when you buy tickets from non-official places you do it at your own risk, and nor Damien nor his management can do anything about that...
I'll admit. I was a bit angry in my first post. Thats when i regathered and said that his ear infection must suck though bc I've had them growing up and know all about them. But I've never said anything like "I have paid a lot for this and he doesn't perform". On his Facebook I have said things anywhere along the lines from get well and hope you get better, that must blow. All the way to agreeing with some people with how much they paid but never did I shoot him down for deciding not to play. It hurts to be accused of that actually. This dude's music has had a very positive impact on me and I don't wish him any hatred or anger at all.
Old 10-14-2014, 03:25 PM   #14
irishsamurai
Eskimo Baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesoleInBoston View Post
So sorry irishsamurai, I wasn't referencing you at all. I meant sort of "How could one blame him for this?". Sorry if you felt attacked in any way. Some of the venom I saw on Twitter and Facebook last night and this morning made me wince. I really hope everyone gets a chance to see him eventually. Many of us have a lot at stake, but ultimately Damien is only human...just like the rest of us.
Ha thanks Desole, I made like 3 posts earlier this morning and have been getting backlash for them so i wasn't sure. thanks though. I just hope Damien really doesn't read this **** on here and misinterpret them the way others have.
Old 10-14-2014, 03:26 PM   #15
irishsamurai
Eskimo Baby

Quote:
You can check my facebook if you'd really like just PM me and i'll show you my posts earlier this morning before reading all this backlash on here where I was defending Damien on my page.
Old 10-14-2014, 03:41 PM   #16
glo32
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
You can check my facebook if you'd really like just PM me and i'll show you my posts earlier this morning before reading all this backlash on here where I was defending Damien on my page.
no need to, it's fine, if you say you weren't attacking anyway of course you weren't
it was just a misunderstanding.
did you already contact ticketliquidator to ask them to refund you?
Old 10-14-2014, 03:45 PM   #17
adamkorle
Eskimo Baby

Hey Toronto folks, You guys think the show is still gonna happen at Danforth? If he choose to reschedule the show before his Europe tour (which is happening at Oct 23rd btw), It has to be the 20th because all the other dates are booked already. Funny that my friend joked about him canceling the show last night...really wish him get better ASAP.
adamkorle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 03:57 PM   #18
RenataAQP
Eskimo Regular

i can't believe some of the stuff people are writing on facebook! yes, i bet it stinks to have paid a lot on money from scalpers and even for the people who traveled a long way just to go see him. Myself i'm a bit nervous because we are flying from NC and a trip to NYC is not cheap, but he is only human and it's not something he can control. I feel so bad for him, he did try to sing and push through his sickness
I do love the fact that there are lots of people that went to the Chicago show and even though they only got 5-6 songs they are saying it was still amazing and it was all worth it. hoping for a speed recovery
Old 10-14-2014, 04:04 PM   #19
adamkorle
Eskimo Baby

Strange that I still haven't received anything from Ticketmaster or DR.com about the reschedule yet, they should have sent emails out already, people could easily miss their Facebook feeds and end up not knowing about the reschedule at all.
Old 10-14-2014, 05:10 PM   #20
irishsamurai
Eskimo Baby

Quote:
no need to, it's fine, if you say you weren't attacking anyway of course you weren't
it was just a misunderstanding.
did you already contact ticketliquidator to ask them to refund you?
thanks. but no I haven't contacted them yet. Right now me and my girlfriend are enjoying the last bit of good weather and having our own Damien Rice concert but I will.
Old 10-14-2014, 05:28 PM   #21
dawno
just mildly free

From the ticketliquidator FAQ:

What happens if an event is postponed?

Postponed events mean that the event tickets possessed by a customer will be valid for the new date of the event concerned. Please note that event postponement does not entitle customers to a refund of their ticket purchase. This is even true in those rare cases when primary sources may offer refunds for postponed events. Please also note that event cancellations are considered postponements until a complete cancellation is officially announced.

I've never heard of this site, I'm assuming they are similar to stubhub? The difference here is that you can contact your seller, on stubhub, there is no contact between buyer / seller, they serve as the middleman.

Good luck!
dawno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 05:43 PM   #22
signalfire
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamkorle View Post
Strange that I still haven't received anything from Ticketmaster or DR.com about the reschedule yet, they should have sent emails out already, people could easily miss their Facebook feeds and end up not knowing about the reschedule at all.
They're probably just waiting until they get the new date sorted out before they send out emails about the new date and how to get a refund. It's a lot easier to just make one post on social media while working out the details. I'm sure new information will get to you soon.
signalfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 06:02 PM   #23
irishsamurai
Eskimo Baby

ticketliquidator.com has said all tickets are 100% valid so if original tickets are accpeted then anyone who has baught from this site should be fine.
Old 10-14-2014, 07:50 PM   #24
adamkorle
Eskimo Baby

So I got a call from Ticketmaster, saying that refund will be available after he announce the new date.
Old 10-14-2014, 07:58 PM   #25
Bohemian_Babe
Eskimo Baby

I'm really hoping it's still at the Danforth, both because I love that venue and because that way we retain our seats. Sometimes when they switch venues you just get first dibs on tickets, but no guarantee that they'll be as good as your originals. So very sad, but I know how much ear infections hurt, so I get it. (This is my third concert to get cancelled/postponed recently: Sam Smith postponed due to tonsillitis, and the Nov 1st Kodaline concert was cancelled due to bass player breaking his arm. Sucks to me).
Bohemian_Babe is offline   Reply With Quote