Home   | About   | Contact  | Lyrics  | Tabs  | Forum

The Igloo

Go Back   The Igloo > Damien Rice > Damien's Gigs

Old 10-07-2007, 03:29 PM   #1
borneoman
Insane Eskimo

Default Wembley?

Was expecting to have cazillions of reviews by now No Eskimos went to Wembley??
Old 10-07-2007, 04:02 PM   #2
She'sAlwaysDressedInWhite
Eskimo Regular

i was there, but had to get a big sleep cause i was up till the wee hour then flew back.

sorry can't really remember the setlist but the songs were(in no order what so ever)

9 crimes
older chest
me, my yoke and i
rootless tree
i remember (with bang bang)
then go
amie
volcano
cannonball
unplayed piano
coconut skins
woman like a man
unplayed piano
blowers daughter
eskimo

if somebody has the correct order and the missing songs hope he/she'll post it.

Damien was in a great mood, chatting away.No new stories but he explained kinda nicely and long why lisa is missing.(somebody shoutted up asking where lisa was)he said that he had been working for long with these people and he never wanted them to feel that they had to be with the band and they couldn't go out to do their own stuff and lisa is working now on her solo album and he realy hopes that it will be ****ing brilliant.

Before unplayed piano he invited out Burmese refugees who talked about the situation in Burma and asked the crowd to chant with them asking for democracy.(i went to the march in London, they were the same people who organized it and the march itself was very moving and thousands of people turned up for it)Damien said that it would be broadcasted to Burmese people (our chanting) at one point so they will know how much the outside world supports them.it was a nice touch from him to show his ongoing support again.

He again asked the crowd at the end to come up close to the stage.that is when he did coconut skins, woman like a man, cannonball unplugged (it was brilliant the whole arena sang along and i think he really appreciated it)unplayed piano, blower's daughter (again the whole crowd sing along) and eskimo

Vyv's set was exeptionally good. I have seen her playing a lot but yesterday she really seemed to be on the ball, very chatty though you could see on her she was having a stage freight sometimes, bless her. She had her whole band there, with two other cello players, Cian and of course Shane and Brendan were part of the Vyv band too.

Also good news that Damien said he was planning to take time out but as he worded it.."it maybe will not happen, i can never be sure maybe after a few weeks i will go mad"..just what i was always thinking about this "i am taking time off" thing..it was great to hear it from himself though at last..so i guess that is a great news for everyone..

lots of famlies and friends of the band were present. the stadium was nicely crowded, wasn't a sell-out but i would say 85% of the tix must have been gone and it is a beautiful venue.

one thing though that ruinned the gig big time...people walking in and out continuously.I mean it is grand if you needed to go to the loo or ok sometimes peeps go for a beer (though i never understood that ..i came to enjoy the gig not to run out for bottles of beer in the middle of songs...why can't they just buy more bottles at the same time and bring it inside?).
So they were all the time in and out in and out. Also there were people (especially girls dressed like they went to the opera or some posh party, which i found very funny for a rice gig) who couldn't keep quiet..chatting away during the slow songs..

Also it felt like being in a cinema.People bought these candies and crisps and in the middle of the quietest song you could hear the lad behind you eating his crisps..i mean FGS!!!..

that is the only thing that was really crap otherwise another well done for Mr. Rice and the whole band

Last edited by She'sAlwaysDressedInWhite; 10-07-2007 at 07:02 PM.
She'sAlwaysDressedInWhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 04:41 PM   #3
mariaoran
The girl from Venezuela

Thank you sooooo much She'sAlwaysDressedInWhite... this is an amazing review!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by She'sAlwaysDressedInWhite
Also good news that Damien said he was planning to take time out but as he worded it.."it maybe will not happen, i can never be sure maybe after a few weeks i will go mad"..just what i was always thinking about this "i am taking time off" thing..it was great to hear it from himself though at last..so i guess that is a great news for everyone..
Oh and this gives me sooo much hope!!!! ... even though he deserves a break !.... i dont want him to take it!!!!!!!!!!!!

i was thinking he could throw in some more improvs and new songs in the few concerts he's got left ... enough to leave us happy and with loads fo work to distract us for a while from the fact that he's taking a break! *daydreams!* ...

"This place is a Gynocracy!"

repetition creates pattern, repetition creates pattern, repetition creates pattern...
mariaoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 04:46 PM   #4
borneoman
Insane Eskimo

^ Great review!!!!!! I'm sure he's gonna get itchy and come back in a while, not for a tour, but maybe some one-off charity gig!!!!!!

^ Never heard of crisps being sold at a gig, must be awful... not sure if I could stand it, I can barely tolerate it at the cinema Should be banned
Old 10-07-2007, 05:27 PM   #5
Lindsay
Eskimo Regular

Thanks so much for sharing She'sAlwaysDressedInWhite!! So great to hear that Burma was brought up and done so in such a lovely manner! And nice of Damien to mention Lisa
Quote:
Originally Posted by mariaoran
Thank you sooooo much She'sAlwaysDressedInWhite... this is an amazing review!!!!!!

Oh and this gives me sooo much hope!!!! ... even though he deserves a break !.... i dont want him to take it!!!!!!!!!!!!

i was thinking he could throw in some more improvs and new songs in the few concerts he's got left ... enough to leave us happy and with loads fo work to distract us for a while from the fact that he's taking a break! *daydreams!* ...
hehe, you took the words out of my mouth! I second you on all of that

Last edited by Lindsay; 10-07-2007 at 05:30 PM.
Lindsay is offline   Reply With Quote