Eskimo Regular

Random man on the motorway
Ewwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 08:02 PM   #62
Lin@
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ewwa
Is it just me or is the reviewer being a jerk? He judges the gig by everything (the audience, the venue, the sound) except for the music/the show itself.
The only thing I agree with, is that "Rat Within The Grain" was definitely one of the highlights. Other than that...
Lin@ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 08:15 PM   #63
Chrysler
Eskimo Regular

As i already wrote - ive ruined my Recording of this gig.
For those who are still interested in listening to what i actually could restore (unedited w/ clipping - if edited this could sound better, but i won't do because im annoyed to death by my stupid mistake) i uploaded 11 Minutes of the Cologne Gig (Eskimo Friend > 9 Crimes)

Notes: When performing eskimo he sang unplugged that's why its to calm occasionally

http://www.tommcrae.de/Damo2007-03-11-T03.mp3

cheers,
Jan

See you in Munich ;-)

Last edited by Chrysler; 03-14-2007 at 08:19 PM.
Chrysler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 08:20 PM   #64
Lin@
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrysler
See you in Munich ;-)
So, are you going to record the Munich gig? Cause I was thinking about it, but I just don't have the necessary equipment...

And thanks for uploading what you could "rescue" from the Cologne gig. Better than nothing!
Old 03-14-2007, 08:24 PM   #65
Chrysler
Eskimo Regular

I will if i manage to sneak my recording gear into the venue.
Have you been to the Herkulessaal before - do they security checks? if yes rather bag checks or body checks?

Hopefully one of the 4000 People in cologne made a decent recording....
Old 03-14-2007, 08:29 PM   #66
Lin@
Eskimo Regular

I have absolutely no idea. Never been there before.
Aber in Köln und Strasbourg haben sie eigentlich nur sehr lasch kontrolliert. Da hätte man alles Mögliche reinschmuggeln können, wenn man gewollt hätte...
Old 03-14-2007, 08:33 PM   #67
Chrysler
Eskimo Regular

In Köln waren sie wieder ziemlich streng was Taschen anging...Und beim Konzert war alles voller Security, die von oben geguckt hat, da konnte ich nicht richtig aussteuern, drum hört sich die Aufnahme auch so bescheiden an...

Bei Sitzkonzerten hab ich die Erfahrung gemacht, daß fast überhaupt nicht kontrolliert wird - wollen wir hoffen das es da auch so ist...
Old 03-14-2007, 08:47 PM   #68
Tinkabell74
Eskimo Regular

in hamburg haben sie auch sehr lasch kontrolliert und niemand von den ordnern hat etwas gesagt, als fotografiert wurde. hoffentlich hat jemand hamburg aufgenommen. *seufz*
Tinkabell74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 05:36 PM   #69
Joefan
Eskimo Baby

Unhappy My first ever Damo gig..........and first post here!

Hello everyone! I am a newbie here ( I live in Germany but am British) and I will introduce myself later on....but for now just a few things about sunday's concert. I was seeing Damien for the fist time although I have loved his music since the beginning. I must say I was upset that the gig was moved ( I WAS NOT NOTIFIED! found out by accident!)from an intimate venue to the Palladium which is far too big and long for a non-seating venue.Great if you get to the front.........I didnt.Basically the audience around me f***ed up the whole evening for me.I had to keep moving around the hall to avoid one idiot after another,including a drunk who insisted on drumming on my back and singing along out of tune of course,and a dutch guy talking NONSTOP. I finally found a quiet place right at the back of the hall where I could enjoy Blowers Daughter and the last numbers...
I did record the whole gig but the settings were wrong and there is so much distortion during the louder songs......
Anway.........................sorry to rant and moan on my first posting here!! Damien was AWESOME and I wish I could have really enjoyed the experience...next time!
I havent yet been able to watch a single clip from the 11th on YouTUbe........when can one watch without it always stopping every few seconds?? It isnt my connection,we have broadband.Anway............my question.DOES ANYONE HAVE A RECORDING?? Is there a recording "out there" anywhere?!
Anway,it is lovely to be here and the odd member may guess who I am by my User name!
Thank you for letting me rant!
By the way...............security was less than tight.They overlooked my camera and IRiver but DID make me throw away a tiny pot of pasta salad which I had bought, but not eaten, on the train!! heheh
Joefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 10:39 AM   #70
Rice Guy
Eskimo Baby

Did anyone record "Is that it my friend"? Was my highlight of he evening. If anyone has a video or mp3 file of it could the person please upload it? Thanks
Rice Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 09:03 PM   #71
Lin@
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joefan
I did record the whole gig but the settings were wrong and there is so much distortion during the louder songs......
First of all: Belated Welcome!
Secondly: What about the quieter songs like "Rat Within the Grain" or "The Animals Were Gone"? Are they listenable? And I would really love to have any kind of recording of "Is that it, my friend". Even if the quality is awful. I think you are so far the only one here who actually recorded the whole thing.

If there's someone else out there with a recording: Bitte melde dich!
Old 03-21-2007, 06:41 PM   #72
Joefan
Eskimo Baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lin@
First of all: Belated Welcome!
Secondly: What about the quieter songs like "Rat Within the Grain" or "The Animals Were Gone"? Are they listenable? And I would really love to have any kind of recording of "Is that it, my friend". Even if the quality is awful. I think you are so far the only one here who actually recorded the whole thing.

If there's someone else out there with a recording: Bitte melde dich!

HI and thanks for the welcome!
Well............I actually do need to listen to it again, I kinda discarded it as I was so disappointed!! but basically it wasnt good.
How can I edit it? Ie take out the REALLY distorted bits and maybe leave a few okay bits?! HELP!
I HAD been hoping someone here would have a brilliant recording!! hehe
Will get back to you.

EDIT:
SOOOOOOO ..................I have few tiny bits that are okay. Rat Within The Grain is quite ok. Blowers Daughter is okay in parts but you will need to react quickly every now and then cos it is baaaad..! I have the bit of Damien talking but (sadly the song it leads into distorts badly. )
Most of Eskimo Friends is okay...
and the most amazing track of the evening.......Is That It My Friend??.......some bits are okay, but it distorts later as the volume increases.
GOD I AM SUCH A BLOODY IDIOT. I have the equipment,I got it in okay and then I scew up because I dont really know how to use it...
Do you think it could be rescued in any way by a technical genius?!

Anway I have those bits "separated off" if anyone is interested...

Last edited by Joefan; 03-21-2007 at 09:15 PM.
Old 03-27-2007, 05:00 PM   #73
Lin@
Eskimo Regular

Unfortunately, I'm no technical genius, so I have no idea if or how your recording could be rescued.

But I'm definitely interested in your "bits"!
Could you upload "Rat within the grain" and "Is that it, my friend" somewhere?!? That would be awesome.

But I still can't believe that there were only two out of 4000 people trying to record the show. C'mon, tapers, where are you hiding?!?
Old 03-30-2007, 03:43 AM   #74
Rice Guy
Eskimo Baby

Yeah, I would also be interested in "Is that it my friend". Better bad quality than no file at all
Rice Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 06:43 AM   #75
foryou
Eskimo Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joefan
HI and thanks for the welcome!
Well............I actually do need to listen to it again, I kinda discarded it as I was so disappointed!! but basically it wasnt good.
How can I edit it? Ie take out the REALLY distorted bits and maybe leave a few okay bits?! HELP!
I HAD been hoping someone here would have a brilliant recording!! hehe
Will get back to you.

EDIT:
SOOOOOOO ..................I have few tiny bits that are okay. Rat Within The Grain is quite ok. Blowers Daughter is okay in parts but you will need to react quickly every now and then cos it is baaaad..! I have the bit of Damien talking but (sadly the song it leads into distorts badly. )
Most of Eskimo Friends is okay...
and the most amazing track of the evening.......Is That It My Friend??.......some bits are okay, but it distorts later as the volume increases.
GOD I AM SUCH A BLOODY IDIOT. I have the equipment,I got it in okay and then I scew up because I dont really know how to use it...
Do you think it could be rescued in any way by a technical genius?!

Anway I have those bits "separated off" if anyone is interested...

Don't be so desperated..... No reason to delete the files. I'm no technical genius, too but I know THAT it is possible to rescue the complete show. I made this experience with a Tracy Chapman bootleg from Cologne (2000-05-15), which I received in trade from France with a lot of distortions because of the quick change from calm to excessive loud sequences (mostly when the audience runs nuts) I found a nice guy in Australia, who was prepared to do the most possible and after half a year the bootleg appeared well "facelifted" on DIME again.

I'm sure that there is such genius among us, so I second your request and ask the community t to help us.
foryou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 06:57 AM   #76
borneoman
Insane Eskimo

Yep, i'd be really great to hear that version of Is That my Friend even in bad quality!!! He's played it a couple of times in the past with partial different lyrics, so it'd be interesting what the lyrics were like this time...
borneoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 08:57 PM   #77
Joefan
Eskimo Baby

Hi ! Well,I will try and upload the tracks tomorrow (YOUSENDIT)but be warned......it starts off quite okay and then gets REALLY distorted ...the last bit which goes into Blowers Daughter is better again. It is whenever it is really electric that it distorts....guess the setting was wrong!! DOH!!! I finally read the booklet for my IRiver and it is less than helpful!! It says "experiment with the recording level..." Yeah. Great!!
Maybe someone can help......
Old 03-31-2007, 09:37 PM   #78
Joefan
Eskimo Baby

http://download.yousendit.com/03078A8A048EC4D1

Here is Rat Within The Grain...

I hope it works.........
Old 03-31-2007, 10:13 PM   #79
Joefan
Eskimo Baby

http://download.yousendit.com/79D58AA643E32067

And the really- very -distorted- after -about- 3- minutes-sorry - Is That It MyFriend
Old 03-31-2007, 10:35 PM   #80
Joefan
Eskimo Baby

http://download.yousendit.com/BB11475D5EED90CF

and the last minutes of Is That It.......

I am soooo sorry these are so bad...i'm gutted. Normally I would never have offered them up for listening to, but as you all asked....
Old 03-31-2007, 11:34 PM   #81
SisterMidnight
Jellyfishsting

it's too bad it got so distorted, but thank you for sharing that! he's singing the old lyrics like he did back 3 years ago..

http://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/s...8&postcount=12

the "i can scrape the bottom, still touch the sky.." instead of the "prince of the desert" version.. in fact it's almost identical to how i heard it in wisconsin, kazoo bridge and all..
SisterMidnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 02:03 AM   #82
verenita
... trusty and true ...

thank you very very much!