Home   | About   | Contact  | Lyrics  | Tabs  | Forum

The Igloo

Go Back   The Igloo > Damien Rice > Damien's Gigs

Old 09-18-2007, 11:41 PM   #31
borneoman
Insane Eskimo

I've heard other people mention that this program Audicity is very good and easy to use, though I've never used it myself... you could try...
borneoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 12:52 AM   #32
keysignatures
Eskimo Baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by viv
Just wanted to add

I think there were a LOT of people there would weren't very familiar with Damien. I talked to a few people who had come along with friends. I think people go to the Ryman just because it's the Ryman. But on the way out everyone was talking about how amazing the whole thing was!

He was really funny and told several stories. The night before was really different and much more intense.
I agree, I think many people went just because it was a local show at the Ryman. That generally attracts a pretty big audience, whether they know of the artist or not. I think it affected the show too, because I saw him in Louisville in May and it was a lot friendlier, more fun atmosphere type of show. Nashville was great too, of course. I put a video on YouTube of him playing Coconut Skins (it's very short, about 45 s) and I think somebody posted it on here earlier.
Oh, and I'm new to the site, so, hi.
keysignatures is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 02:13 AM   #33
viv
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by keysignatures
I agree, I think many people went just because it was a local show at the Ryman. That generally attracts a pretty big audience, whether they know of the artist or not. I think it affected the show too, because I saw him in Louisville in May and it was a lot friendlier, more fun atmosphere type of show. Nashville was great too, of course. I put a video on YouTube of him playing Coconut Skins (it's very short, about 45 s) and I think somebody posted it on here earlier.
Oh, and I'm new to the site, so, hi.

Yeah, I found your video and posted it, hope you don't mind. The other eskimos were hungry for details! I thought the crowd was good. There were these three very large men behind me. Totally country looking and the last people I would have pegged for Damien fans, but they left converts. They were funny.

Anyhoo, welcome!
viv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 02:56 PM   #34
Ca11um
Eskimo Syndrome

Quote:
Originally Posted by borneoman
I've heard other people mention that this program Audicity is very good and easy to use, though I've never used it myself... you could try...

it is very very good
Old 09-19-2007, 07:35 PM   #35
queencassie
Eskimo Baby

Lightbulb Hi, I might be able to help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parker
Hi Everyone!

First post here....

I recorded all of the Nashville show....16bit lossless. But, I don't know how to split the tracks up...and some parts of it really needs cleaned up. So I'm wondering if there are any tech savvy people on the forum that know how to clean up the files (like limit the bassy bits and the obnoxious twit behind me tapping her high heels on the wood floors) and split the tracks? As many of you know, the acoustics in the Ryman are amazing....and the recording turned out pretty decent for the most part....but the parts where Damien really rocked out are loud...and need to be toned down. I can convert the .wav to .mp3, but that's about it. I'm a taper from back in the minidisc days and this is only the second time I've tried recording a show with an Edirol R-09....I'm still getting the hang of it...and unfortunately I didn't have my external mics....

Can anyone help?

Here is the one track that I have that was the last encore....luckily I had stopped recording...and then re-started after all of the crazy clapping....so this is the only single track I have....the rest is one gigantic .wav.

Adorable Story & Cheers Darlin' - 320kbps - 24 MB .mp3 : 10:29 running time
http://www.mediafire.com/?8sxdtta51ef
Hello, first time post too!

I was also at the Nashville concert, my first time seeing Damien, and it was absolutely amazing! He is such a great live performer, and funny too, loved the stories.

Thank you so much, I downloaded Cheers Darlin' you had there, so great to hear it again.

I think I might be able to help you, I can split up the files and arrange them nicely. I'm not sure about cleaning them up, but I'm certainly willing to work on it!
queencassie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 12:51 AM   #36
paulbaptiste
Eskimo Ninja

dropped you a pm parker
paulbaptiste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 07:28 PM   #37
Lindsay
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by queencassie
Hello, first time post too!

I was also at the Nashville concert, my first time seeing Damien, and it was absolutely amazing! He is such a great live performer, and funny too, loved the stories.

Thank you so much, I downloaded Cheers Darlin' you had there, so great to hear it again.

I think I might be able to help you, I can split up the files and arrange them nicely. I'm not sure about cleaning them up, but I'm certainly willing to work on it!
Welcome queencassie!!
Lindsay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 12:18 AM   #38
queencassie
Eskimo Baby

Thank you Lindsay!
queencassie is offline   Reply With Quote