don't mind me
Old 06-24-2016, 01:02 PM   #32
Shillelagh
Eskimo Bro

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrroline View Post
We are all so happy for her, aren't we?
Well, I am

No! This is bull. I'm sitting here waiting for her to fall into my arms and she goes and gets married??! What the heck Lisa? I guess I knew deep down we were more of a second marriage thing.

: )
Shillelagh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2016, 11:57 AM   #33
SillyAnonymousPianist
between the waves

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by SillyAnonymousPianist View Post
[...]
"Passenger".
[...]
What also made this version of "Passenger" very special is that it was only Lisa and the two guys from "Ye Vagabonds" on stage, one of them playing the violin (fiddle style it seemed to me) : it was absolutely unique. I looooooved it !
[...]

Someone posted this yesterday on YouTube. (Interlude festival)
It's not the whole song, but it does give a good idea of what I was talking about...
(hmmmm warning spoilers ?)
Old 06-28-2016, 07:34 AM   #34
borneoman
Insane Eskimo

but we got no more info from the rest of the Lisa tour?? no one went to any other shows??
Old 06-28-2016, 05:03 PM   #35
Hannah25
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by borneoman View Post
but we got no more info from the rest of the Lisa tour?? no one went to any other shows??
I was at Galway and Dublin! Been travelling / working though so pretty tired and not been online much.

Both shows were brilliant, and I was lucky to get into Interlude with no bother and only hear about the ticketing disaster later!

A few notes that might be vaguely interesting to someone!:

- As other people mentioned, Irish crowds are really good at singing along to Passenger . In Galway everyone was singing along to Knots as well, and she held the 'cityyyyy' note for a bar or two longer than usual to out-do us!
- Some guy in Dublin shouted 'I think of YOU often!' after Little Bird, which made me laugh.
- She asked for pints of Guinness at the end of the Galway gig after saying she hadn't drank all tour, seemed generally really happy and then got the lads to play Eye of the Tiger whilst she tuned her guitar. They all jumped in and played a really good instrumental of it! The song 'Lo' followed, with the introduction 'now we're going to play a much inferior song...'
- Setlists very similar for both of those gigs: combos of Little Bird, Prayer, Snow, Flowers, Pistachio, Fall, We the Drowned, Ora, Lille, O Sleep, A Sail, Knots, Passenger, Lo.

Ora is just an incredibly beautiful song, really. High point of both nights for me I think.
Old 06-28-2016, 06:56 PM   #36
borneoman
Insane Eskimo

same, Ora should be the lead single
Old 06-30-2016, 11:30 AM   #37
damien lisa
am i breaking u

https://sharp983.com/dublin-review-o...nterlude-more/
Quote:
Lisa Hannigan arrived solo on stage to perform “Little Bird”. A room fell silent to just the sound of her acoustic guitar, and then from the silence rose her unique voice, feeling delicate yet determined, assured, pure, cutting the air, cutting into our spirits. It felt almost regal – but anyone who’s seen her perform before would say much the same. What’s new? She’s joined by her touring band, and Ye Vagabonds,

She’s been hanging around with some good people, for one. Aaron Dessner of The National has been working closely with her on her upcoming new album At Swim, and the influence is subtle yet powerful – structures on the new songs recall the contemporary classical works of his brother Bryce Dessner, or some of his own material like the Justin Vernon collaboration Big Red Machine. Some of the signature atmospherics from his time in The National pop out too; particular in the stormy Prayer For The Dying. Unreleased track Ora particularly shines; shimmering string instruments, syncopated percussion, unconventional structure, driving a sense that Lisa may reach her full potential on this upcoming work.

Apologising for repeatedly playing quiet songs, and asking for the crowd to stay silent, her voice precisely divides the silence; and joins acts like Villagers in Irish live music royalty. In a sense, it may do well for her to follow in Villagers’ example and bring us a similar live album, tying together her old material.
Quote:
Unreleased track Ora particularly shines; shimmering string instruments, syncopated percussion, unconventional structure, driving a sense that Lisa may reach her full potential on this upcoming work.
Her connection with the crowd was particularly lovely. One of her older masterpieces, Lillie, was introduced as “A song I wrote ten years ago for Robbie Brady”. And when a fan piped out “I missed you!”, she whispered out an emotional “I missed you too.”.

I’m hoping that’s a sign we won’t have another five-year disappearance ahead of us.
Old 07-07-2016, 10:53 AM   #38
saskia
Eskimo Regular

Someone posted a video of Ora:

Footfalls echo in the memory
Down the passage which we did not take
Towards the door we never opened
Into the rose-garden.

T.S. Eliot
saskia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 10:45 AM   #39
damien lisa
am i breaking u

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shillelagh View Post
No! This is bull. I'm sitting here waiting for her to fall into my arms and she goes and gets married??! What the heck Lisa? I guess I knew deep down we were more of a second marriage thing.

: )
i hear ya , let it go man, let it go... Wish someone could say the same for me. Ppl is so cruel, they just talk abt some damien guy

oh wait, eskimo is bad sherlock, the rumor start here https://www.instagram.com/p/BFJ9C1MN...n-by=unamolloy and some pics around. Nah, it's just tabloid junkie, the second "s" is misspelling, unnecessary.

happy thoughts will save me

ok, back to sorrow now . I tried to avoid the marriage things. Thought i was over it, did a search, too bad i'm a better sherlock, find somethings, jealous again. Yeah, i'm a creep, but it was too easy to find. He's not me so i'm jealous anw. But i have to admit, i'm glad cos he's not singer, artist or famous.

congrat lisa...finally i can say it

Last edited by damien lisa; 07-22-2016 at 10:47 AM.
damien lisa is offline   Reply With Quote