Home   | About   | Contact  | Lyrics  | Tabs  | Forum

The Igloo

Go Back   The Igloo > Damien Rice > Trading

Old 10-28-2003, 04:11 PM   #1
patch22
Eskimo Regular

will n e 1 sellme some damo bootlegs? im desperate to get hold of some!!!! where can i get them from? please help!!
Old 10-28-2003, 05:19 PM   #2
Funky Avocado
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by patch22
will n e 1 sellme some damo bootlegs? im desperate to get hold of some!!!! where can i get them from? please help!!
I suggest before you post such an asinine request, you spend a little time reading some threads in this group about how many of us here feel about the selling of bootlegs.
Funky Avocado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2003, 09:48 PM   #3
Moira
Eskimo Baby

Dear Patch,

What my sweet friend Funky meant is, that, the way we like to do it here, is to trade. We like to respect the musician and not make a profit on somebody else's art.

I have one bootleg, from the TLA this past September. If you would like a copy, just send me a couple of blanks with return postage and I'll get them right off to you.

And spread the love baby.

; ), m
Moira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2003, 10:13 PM   #4
mierk
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moira

Dear Patch,

What my sweet friend Funky meant is, that, the way we like to do it here, is to trade. We like to respect the musician and not make a profit on somebody else's art.

I have one bootleg, from the TLA this past September. If you would like a copy, just send me a couple of blanks with return postage and I'll get them right off to you.

And spread the love baby.

; ), m

Hehehehe...thanks for providing the translation! I was trying to figure out how to rephrase that myself! [img]smileys/smiley2.gif[/img]
Old 10-28-2003, 10:22 PM   #5
Angela
Eskimo Regular

Moira is a born dimplomat. [img]smileys/smiley3.gif[/img] Hats off!
Angela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2003, 10:25 PM   #6
patch22
Eskimo Regular

no offence intended... sorry funky..
(touchy!)
Old 10-29-2003, 07:40 AM   #7
Funky Avocado
Eskimo Regular

Unfortunately Patch you just happened to hit one of my pet peeve's that drives me nutz. But as Moira so eloquently has pointed out, I could of made my point in a much kinder way so sorry for that.
I can get on my soapbox and tell you the thousand ways it pisses me off but you can read my rants in other post about this subject if you wish.
Old 10-29-2003, 03:34 PM   #8
mierk
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funky Avocado
Unfortunately Patch you just happened to hit one of my pet peeve's that drives me nutz. But as Moira so eloquently has pointed out, I could of made my point in a much kinder way so sorry for that.
I can get on my soapbox and tell you the thousand ways it pisses me off but you can read my rants in other post about this subject if you wish.

I think people just aren't aware that anything like the trading community exists and so they assume that getting live music has to be difficult and expensive. I know I never had any idea until I got into DMB how extensive it was and that it was possible to find music from just about any major band out there. So we just need to make sure that we're letting people know in a nice way so they won't get scared off if we chew them out!
Old 10-30-2003, 12:18 PM   #9
Moira
Eskimo Baby

"I think people just aren't aware that anything like the trading community exists and so they assume that getting live music has to be difficult and expensive... So we just need to make sure that we're letting people know in a nice way so they won't get scared off if we chew them out! "

Well in his defense, I'm pretty sure that this was the nicest way possible he could have let people know just that, if only they would have taken 10 seconds to research it...

<TABLE border=0 cellPadding=3 cellSpacing=1 width="100%"><T>
<T>
<TR>
<TD background="" bgColor=#f8f7ef class=smText vAlign=top><A name=11349></A>Funky Avocado
Eskimo Roadie

<TD background="" bgColor=#f8f7ef class=text vAlign=top>
<TABLE border=0 cellPadding=0 cellSpacing=0 width="100%"><T>
<T>
<TR>
<TD class=smText width="96%">Posted: 17October2003 at 4:38pm | IP Logged </TD>
<TD align=right width="4%"> </TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD colSpan=2>
<HR>
</TD></TR></T></T></TABLE>Waking up from what seemed a 48 hour nap due to a horrendous case of Giardia, I decided to make use of my moping around the house by offering anyone who wants a B&amp;P of 5/30, 9/10, or 10/4 to email me and I'll be happy to help you out. If I get too many requests I will simply close the thread.
Cheers to parasite-less H20.
-K
</TD></TR></T></T></TABLE>

That deal is over now, by the way. But it was definatelya damn nice offer if youask me.

Just sayin,mEdited by: Moira
Old 10-30-2003, 08:57 PM   #10
patch22
Eskimo Regular

sorry moria....christ!! wish we were all perfect like you!
Old 10-31-2003, 11:11 AM   #11
Funky Avocado
Eskimo Regular

I must be missing Patch something because Moira explains to you in a clear and kind hearted way the deal on trading, then she offers to help you out without asking for anything in return which I thought was a total stand up act, and all you have to offer back is some smart ass comment? You have a funny way of showing gratitude.

Old 10-31-2003, 02:11 PM   #12
patch22
Eskimo Regular

was having a bad day yesterday.... took it the wrong way.
Old 10-31-2003, 05:05 PM   #13
Angela
Eskimo Regular

"Sorry" goes a long way. [img]smileys/smiley2.gif[/img]
Old 11-01-2003, 01:27 AM   #14
AllThatLies
Eskimo Regular

hey buddy, i'm sure it's all been covered here, but yea, just don't try and buy b/c it ROYALLY pisses people like myself that record the shows off. there is no reason people should make money off of damien's music and even less reason they should make money off of work i do in recording it.
AllThatLies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2003, 07:17 PM   #15
patch22
Eskimo Regular

i agree with you all, i promise... i just didnt know the way to go around getting hold of them.... sorry if i caused anyone offence, i really am.... i feel like ive made enemies now.... there is a big void in my knowledge of trading in bootlegs..... well there was!! not now!!thanks for putting me straight, and sorry again if i came accross ungrateful...[img]smileys/smiley1.gif[/img]
patch22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2003, 07:29 PM   #16
Moira
Eskimo Baby

no worries, it's all good

m
Old 11-01-2003, 11:37 PM   #17
Funky Avocado
Eskimo Regular

Agreed : )
Realized tonight that another east coast tour is coming up in a month. We are getting spoiled in the states! If all goes well 6 shows this year starting with the Bowery. Yep, life is good!
Old 11-02-2003, 12:26 AM   #18
Angela
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funky Avocado
Realized tonight that another east coast tour is coming up in a month. We are getting spoiled in the states!
Funny you should mention it. I was just thinking today I should call my friends to see if they'd head out to Northampton with me. I miss Damo [img]smileys/smiley19.gif[/img]
Old 11-02-2003, 05:55 PM   #19
Funky Avocado
Eskimo Regular

Iron Horse is one of my favorite venues hands down with lots of great memories of seeing everyone from Michael Hedges to Leo Kottke to Kelly Joe Phelps and on. Can't wait! Very intimate and rather small so I would seriously suggest getting there as early as possible to get some elbow room : )