Home   | About   | Contact  | Lyrics  | Tabs  | Forum

The Igloo

Go Back   The Igloo > Damien Rice > Damien's Gigs

Old 10-14-2014, 03:08 AM   #1
zbevs
Eskimo Baby

Question Is the Toronto Gig Still On?!

As people might have heard (someone just posted a thread about it) the Chicago show was essentially cancelled because Damien apparently got sick - does anyone know whats going on in regard to the Toronto show?? Will it still happen? I know I would be heartbroken if it was cancelled. Any news or knowledge would be appreciated! we can only hope for the best
zbevs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 04:30 AM   #2
adamkorle
Eskimo Baby

Anyone? I'm looking for an answer as well.
adamkorle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 04:40 AM   #3
ashleyz
Eskimo Friend

I think it's really too early for anyone to know that...he walked out of the Chicago show just a few hours ago. He probably isn't even sure yet....probably depends on why he was sick. Even is going to the ny shows will be waiting to hear I'm sure
ashleyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 07:45 AM   #4
irishsamurai
Eskimo Baby

Yep I'm ready to cry. I can't hate on Damien for not playing if he is sick. But a rescheduled performance should happend i would hope. I've waited 8 years for this. This being my most beloved singer/songwriter. EVER. Hope he feels better. #youCanAlwaysPlayAtaBArInBuffalo
irishsamurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 08:03 AM   #5
irishsamurai
Eskimo Baby

alrite i regathered, and realized its only been a few hours since chicago. Either way Damien, ur the man. I'll find out in the morning. South Buffalo's only 2 hrs away btw.
Old 10-14-2014, 12:56 PM   #6
wiz561
Eskimo Baby

Sorry, looks like it's been rescheduled.

http://www.damienrice.com/toronto-an...s-rescheduled/
wiz561 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 01:02 PM   #7
Shillelagh
Eskimo Bro

I'm guessing that NYC will be rescheduled too and maybe Europe. I know how bad ear infections and the dizziness caused by them can be. It's brutal. You have to crawl up stairs. You constantly feel like the world is wobbling around you. You can't sleep. You can't hear and it sounds like you can't talk. It really suck. The number one rule is you are not allowed to fly. That puts you at a huge risk to burst your ear drums and go deaf. Hope his people know that.
Shillelagh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 01:05 PM   #8
irishsamurai
Eskimo Baby

What about all these ticketholders that were forced to buy tickets from semi "official" ticketholders because all these "official" ticketholders let their tickets be sold out in minutes to semI "official" vendors
Old 10-14-2014, 01:44 PM   #9
glo32
Eskimo Regular

I'm reading on facebook that a lot of people complain about the cancelled shows because they bought tickets from scalpers.
I am not sure that they understand what scalpers are, and that by buying from them you just feed this whole horrible scalping movement... but at least, if you want to buy from them, just do it at your own risk and don't blame the artist or anyone else if the show is cancelled and you can't do anything with your ticket...
glo32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 02:15 PM   #10
ashleyz
Eskimo Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishsamurai View Post
What about all these ticketholders that were forced to buy tickets from semi "official" ticketholders because all these "official" ticketholders let their tickets be sold out in minutes to semI "official" vendors
I'm not quite sure how they would determine you a an official ticket holder other than to show that you have a ticket from the show dated for 10/13. Unless your name was on the ticket or they took names or something...I imagine as along as you had a ticket then you will be fine..??? Don't quote me on that though...I am not sure. I have never experienced this situation personally so they may have some way. I think right now we just all try to remain positive and hope Damien gets better ASAP. Not for us, but for him. This ear infection has to be pretty bad for him to leave half way through the set like that. It sucks but we just have to wait and see what happens.
Old 10-14-2014, 02:22 PM   #11
conanemily
Eskimo Regular

Oh my god. How did he look? Is it that bad? Get well soon!! Fingers crossed
conanemily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 02:31 PM   #12
dawno
just mildly free

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleyz View Post
I'm not quite sure how they would determine you a an official ticket holder other than to show that you have a ticket from the show dated for 10/13. Unless your name was on the ticket or they took names or something...I imagine as along as you had a ticket then you will be fine..??? Don't quote me on that though...I am not sure. I have never experienced this situation personally so they may have some way. I think right now we just all try to remain positive and hope Damien gets better ASAP. Not for us, but for him. This ear infection has to be pretty bad for him to leave half way through the set like that. It sucks but we just have to wait and see what happens.
Usually there are two options for a rescheduled show - 1) your ticket will be honored at the new date, or 2) you can request a refund if you will be unable to attend the rescheduled show.

An unscrupulous reseller / scalper / tout might not be willing to refund the above face value price that a fan has paid. It's a risk associated with buying tickets on the secondary market. I'd very carefully read the small print on the website of any reseller before doing business.

I hope no one loses money over this unfortunate development. And, I really hope that Damien is feeling much better very soon.
dawno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 03:44 PM   #13
irishsamurai
Eskimo Baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleyz View Post
I feel for Damien Ashleyz. Believe me. I can only imagine how he feels to have to cancel shows on this tour that I believe means a lot to him. His work with Rubin and ability to continue making great music has finally came to the public and he has an ear infection. Its gotta suck and has got to hurt him both physically and emotionally. I really do hope he gets better and overcomes this.

That being said I'm just trying to figure out what to do because I have been following him since 2006 and this is the only time I've had the chance to see him. I know he's going to reschedule and doesn't want to hurt any of his fans. I just figured the Damien Rice "fan" community that i've joined 2 years ago when i first heard of it would be a good place to start asking questions about this. I was forced to buy them from a second party "ticketliquidators.com" because they all immediately sold out (to scalpers). This is in no way Damien's fault or his management, all blame goes to the original ticket vendors. And for those who have mentioned don't do business with these secondary vendors what would you expect me to do other than spend money on a faster connection to the internet and a better scheduled break at work?
Old 10-15-2014, 10:07 AM   #14
borneoman
Insane Eskimo

one thing you guys can do before going to scalpers is to ask in here. 100% sure someone would have helped you. I know 2/3 people that got extra tickets, a friend of mine even got 1 for me just in case I wanted to go
Old 10-15-2014, 01:45 PM   #15
ashleyz
Eskimo Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishsamurai View Post
I feel for Damien Ashleyz. Believe me. I can only imagine how he feels to have to cancel shows on this tour that I believe means a lot to him. His work with Rubin and ability to continue making great music has finally came to the public and he has an ear infection. Its gotta suck and has got to hurt him both physically and emotionally. I really do hope he gets better and overcomes this.

That being said I'm just trying to figure out what to do because I have been following him since 2006 and this is the only time I've had the chance to see him. I know he's going to reschedule and doesn't want to hurt any of his fans. I just figured the Damien Rice "fan" community that i've joined 2 years ago when i first heard of it would be a good place to start asking questions about this. I was forced to buy them from a second party "ticketliquidators.com" because they all immediately sold out (to scalpers). This is in no way Damien's fault or his management, all blame goes to the original ticket vendors. And for those who have mentioned don't do business with these secondary vendors what would you expect me to do other than spend money on a faster connection to the internet and a better scheduled break at work?

I understand...I was honestly just trying to answer you. I totally think it will be fine since you have a valid ticket even if it came from another site.

Don't let people talking about the second party vendors bother you. They are right really...when we buy from these people we help them stay in business. That being said I bought a ticket from stubhub. It's not to say I don't care it's simply that these people are providing a service and it sucks but I didn't want to miss out on the show. They're right...we should boycott and not buy from these sites. Normally I don't but I guess we all have a price...and mine was Damien rice tickets.
Old 10-16-2014, 03:45 PM   #16
LilyT
Eskimo Baby

I agree with ashleyz, normally I'd skip going to a show if tickets went straight to stubhub, but for Damien Rice...it's not even a question. I'm going and I would have paid twice what I did (but shhhh don't tell stubhub).
LilyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 08:05 PM   #17
irishsamurai
Eskimo Baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by borneoman View Post
one thing you guys can do before going to scalpers is to ask in here. 100% sure someone would have helped you. I know 2/3 people that got extra tickets, a friend of mine even got 1 for me just in case I wanted to go
Ill keep that in mind for future shows. thank you
Old 10-17-2014, 05:36 PM   #18
eva_arg
Eskimo Regular

the Toronto gig has been rescheduled to Nov 18

https://twitter.com/TheDanforthMH