Home   | About   | Contact  | Lyrics  | Tabs  | Forum

The Igloo

Go Back   The Igloo > Everything Else > Introduce Yourself

Old 11-02-2014, 04:42 AM   #1
zincrox
Local Inuit

Default stopping by to say hi

Hey everyone,

Guess I should have introduced myself earlier. I'm a Dublin based fine art student and a huge fan of Damien's music since I was about 9 years old. My parents used to play O in the car and at home so it's been with me for well over half my life. Like many of you it became an obsession and I've been tracking down and listening to any and all of his songs that have been scattered around the internet, from Juniper to live bootlegs (apparently Juniper played at my aunt's debs in the mid 90's - this is how DR's music made it's way into my family). This forum has been really great and even though it says I'm relatively new, I have been a lurker on it for years.

The gig on Nov 3 will be my first DR gig and excited doesn't even begin to explain how I feel right now.
Last year I managed to get a photographers pass at a gig where Lisa Hannigan was a guest performer. When I was back stage she walked past and saw me, my heart almost stopped. Didn't know what to do and my mind completely blanked!

Aside from Damien Rice, my music collection is filled with likes of Jeff Buckley, Ray Lamontagne, Mic Christopher, John Smith and a many others. A couple of years ago I decided to learn guitar using O as a starting point. Now I'm pretty confident in playing about 95% of Damien's tunes and a whole lot more. For anyone who doesn't play guitar, or any instrument, I would highly recommend learning as it may change the way you interpret and listen to music. It certainly did for me!

Wow this message became a lot longer than I had planned. Anyway, looking forward to actively using this forum, you're all great!

Zak
zincrox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 05:44 PM   #2
verenita
... trusty and true ...

hi zack! very welcome! nice story...
Old 11-20-2014, 11:31 AM   #3
Wheels
Eskimo Enigma

Welcome Zak

Wheels is offline   Reply With Quote