Woman Like A Man
Cannonball %

@ Reprise
# Piano
$ Vyienne's song
% Unplugged
^ Nancy Sinatra Cover - Partial
& No band/improv

Amazing show. Played from 8:00 PM to 10:00 PM. It seemed to be very close to, if not sold out. The whole band sounded amazing. Damien was in a good mood and told a lot of stories. After Cross-Eyed he joked and asked the crowd if anyone had any idea how long it had been since they had been in our area. People just started stupid bull****, mainly these girls yelling "I love you!" and all of that stupid stuff. Then he asked the crowd "I'm trying to figure out if I should play a song you know or a song you don't know. What do you think?" and of course people starting screaming for songs (I only really heard Creep and Woman Like A Man) after Damo had said he was going to do one we didn't know so he replied "You ****ing know those ones!" and everyone started laughing. I'm not sure of the name of the song he played then. Vyvienne did what I think was a cover song (it was very hip-hopish) called "Never Leave Alone" and it was really neat. Damo came out to the front of the stage and played Cannonball unplugged, which was amazing.

The encore was great. He told the long story before Cheers Darlin' and after taking a drink of his wine, he started saying it was terrible and kept making faces when he drank it. Which was hilarious. To end it off he acted as if he was making a phone call to get a cab and snow started falling and his last words were something like "That ****ing bitch left me!" and then he walked off stage, the crowd gave a standing ovation and the house lights came up.

Beyond amazing show yet again. The crowd was good except for the few times people were screaming. But it wasn't anything to piss anyone off. The jams were as sick as always and the lights were great also.

It's hard to say if this show was better than Columbus three months ago but I think it might have been because of the whole band was there this time. We had orchestra, 4th row, right seats and could see everything perfect. The only thing that I was upset by was after reading about ushers at recent shows being Nazis about the camera neither of us brought one. Oh well. Hopefully someone got some pictures.

Oh and Live At The The Union Chapel, as well as O, 9 ($15.00 a piece) 2 men and woman shirts (sane designs, S through XL - $30.00), 2 posters ($20.00) and a tote ($15.00) was for sale at the merch table.

Last edited by TMS2787; 09-12-2007 at 08:56 AM.
TMS2787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 04:00 AM   #2
borneoman
Insane Eskimo

Thanks for the setlist!!!!!!!! Looks like many shows are starting with Then Go!!!!!!
borneoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 04:02 AM   #3
Lindsay
Eskimo Regular

Woohoo, sounds like it was great!! Thanks so much for sharing!! And you got Cross-eyed Bear and Beast and Beauty!! Gosh, I hope a recording shows up!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMS2787
Then he asked the crowd "I'm trying to figure out if I should play a song you know or a song you don't know. What do you think?" and of course people starting screaming for songs (I only really heard "Creep" and "Woman Like A Man") after Damo had said he was going to do one we didn't know so he replyed "You ****ing know those ones!" and everyone started laughing.
I'm beginning to think there needs to be a mass eskimo movement to shout for some songs!

edit

Last edited by Lindsay; 09-12-2007 at 04:35 PM.
Lindsay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 04:04 AM   #4
melodie
mmm bop.

wow, amazing setlist.
melodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 04:11 AM   #5
mariaoran
The girl from Venezuela

Quote:
The encore was great. He told the long story before "Cheers Darlin'" and after taking a drink of his wine, he started saying it was terrible and kept amking faces when he drank it. Which was hilarious. To end it off he acted as if he was making a phone call to get a cab and snow started falling and his last words were something like "That ****ing bitch left me."
haha i always like when he does Cheers Darling... he gets so pissed off all over again at this girl!!

hehe

thanks for the review!!.... aww you got cross eyed bear!! awesome!!!

"This place is a Gynocracy!"

repetition creates pattern, repetition creates pattern, repetition creates pattern...

Last edited by mariaoran; 09-12-2007 at 08:01 AM.
mariaoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 04:36 AM   #6
TMS2787
Eskimo Baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsay
Woohoo, sounds like it was great!! Thanks so much for sharing!! And you got Cross-eyed Bear and Beauty and Beast!! Gosh, I hope a recording shows up!!

I'm beginning to think there needs to be a mass eskimo movement to shout for some songs!
I'd love for there to be a recording but I highly doubt there will be. We'll see thought.

I was going to scream for Insane but I figured he'd play what he wanted to play.

And I was very happy to hear Cross-Eyed Bear. I couldn't believe it!!

Last edited by TMS2787; 09-12-2007 at 08:15 AM.
Old 09-12-2007, 04:38 AM   #7
srahman24
Dandy little dreamer

Then Go and Beauty & Beast!! That sounds brilliant! Once again, a pretty brilliant setlist
srahman24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 04:39 AM   #8
armyofstars
Eskimo Baby

Quote:
Woohoo, sounds like it was great!! Thanks so much for sharing!! And you got Cross-eyed Bear and Beauty and Beast!! Gosh, I hope a recording shows up!!
I was just going to say that too! Lucky! Was Beauty and Beast more acoustic or like the one in Portland?
armyofstars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 05:21 AM   #9
TMS2787
Eskimo Baby

I never heard the Portland recording but it wasn't completey acoustic.
Old 09-12-2007, 06:24 AM   #10
Lindsay
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
I'd love for there to be a recording but I highly doubt there will be. We'll see thought.

I was going to scream for "Insane" but I figured he'd play what he wanted to play.

And I was very happy to hear Cross-Eyed Bear. I couldn't believe it!!
So you didn't happen to see anyone recording then? Hopefully something turns up!

Ya, you're probably right . But hopefully we'll hear Insane soon! There's been Childish, Cross-Eyed Bear and Beauty and Beast in two nights.....maybe there's a chance he'll play it before he goes on his long break !!
Old 09-12-2007, 07:24 AM   #11
Spamlet
Resident Contrarian

After Cross-Eyed he joked and asked the crowd if anyone had any idea how long it had been since they had been in our area.

Damien last played Cleveland on April 24, 2004 at the Odeon. It was a positively mind-blowing show with twists galore, the first time I hung out with him and remains one of the greatest nights of my life.

Vyvienne did what I think was a cover song (it was very hip-hopish) called "Never Leave Alone" and it was really neat.

You're close. It's called "Never Leave You" and it's her own song (from her "Birdtalk" EP).

Damo just told me Friday night that the song you had question marks by is entitled "Beast and Beauty".

So thrilled to hear you guys got a very memorable set.
Old 09-12-2007, 08:07 AM   #12
TMS2787
Eskimo Baby

Quote:
So you didn't happen to see anyone recording then? Hopefully something turns up!

Ya, you're probably right . But hopefully we'll hear Insane soon! There's been Childish, Cross-Eyed Bear and Beauty and Beast in two nights.....maybe there's a chance he'll play it before he goes on his long break !!
No, I did not see any one recording the show. The tickets said "no recording" so who knows. Playhouse Square ushers are old and cranky. But maybe.

I heard Insane in Columbus and it was amazing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spamlet
After Cross-Eyed he joked and asked the crowd if anyone had any idea how long it had been since they had been in our area.

Damien last played Cleveland on April 24, 2004 at the Odeon. It was a positively mind-blowing show with twists galore, the first time I hung out with him and remains one of the greatest nights of my life.

Vyvienne did what I think was a cover song (it was very hip-hopish) called "Never Leave Alone" and it was really neat.

You're close. It's called "Never Leave You" and it's her own song (from her "Birdtalk" EP).

Damo just told me Friday night that the song you had question marks by is entitled "Beast and Beauty".

So thrilled to hear you guys got a very memorable set.
I knew how long it's been since Damo was in Cleveland. I yelled "Three years!" but other people were screaming at the same time, so he didn't hear. I must have forgot to put that in the first post. Oh well.

Thanks for clearing that up about the Vyvienne shong. I saw that she has her own EP tonight when I was looking for a download of the song but still wasn't sure if it was an original of hers or not. Now I know.

Also thank you for the official title. I figured it had to be something like that but wasn't sure which is why I put (??) by it.

And I edited the set list and first post, I was typing that on my Sidekick on the way home. So I fixed many of the errors I had in there.

Last edited by TMS2787; 09-12-2007 at 08:16 AM.
Old 09-12-2007, 03:24 PM   #13
cs274404
Eskimo Friend

Default The show

Good show...I was 4th row all the way on the right and it was very close. Then go was pretty amazing and cheers darlin at the end was as good as it can get in my opinion. It wasn't like usual when he tells the story and relives it. It actually felt like he was writing the song on stage. He told the story, as usual, but also, at one point got down on one knee and acted like he was writing, and then, when they wouldnt serve his drunk ass, he left and went back into the snow and mumbled "bitch" in between is last sentence, which is a hilarious way to end the show. I really enjoyed myself.
cs274404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 03:53 PM   #14
NaturalMystic
Eskimo Friend

I love the show. It was absolutly amazing. I was in Row G in the 100's section... great seats. When he asked if he should play something we knew or didn't I was hoping he would play rare songs for the rest of the set. I also held back in wanting to yell out FOOL when everyone else was yelling for woman like a man and so on, but i held back figuring anything he'd play would be amazing.
I think Tomo is a great drummer...but Shakira's exdrummer is amazing. Not only is he a great drummer but his facial expressions throughout the show were very entertaining.

Viv is too cute, and I loved the song... can't wait to hear more from her.

A friend of mine got some nice photos... i may post one or 2 when i get them.

I hope someone recorded it... please please please tell me someone did...

thats all i got right now.
NaturalMystic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 04:19 PM   #15
pixie77
Eskimo Baby

Ugh, so jealous! I wanted Then Go at the Toronto show but was too chicken to yell it out.
pixie77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 04:34 PM   #16
Lindsay
Eskimo Regular

hehe I'm spreading rumors ....I forgot for a moment it was called Beast and Beauty, and not Beauty and Beast

cs274404 and NaturalMystic....glad you had such a good time!
Old 09-12-2007, 07:02 PM   #17
Tony_Drake
Eskimo Baby

The wife and I saw him in Chicago as well, but this concert blew that one away! I was in row 12 in the middle, probably me you heard yelling for woman like a man. Amazing show, the audience seemed so much more into it then the other show. Plus they let you drink in the theater...a definite bonus.

All and all a great show, with an amazing encore.
Tony_Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 09:32 PM   #18
bjmo11
Eskimo Regular

said there were 2 posters? what kind, and how big were they? they didnt have any in boston. does anyone know where i can get a poster? ive been wanting one forever.
Old 09-13-2007, 01:42 AM   #19
NaturalMystic
Eskimo Friend

the first poster was the cover art for "9" the other was the cover art for the single "9 crimes" if i'm not mistaken... its the drawing of a girls face.
NaturalMystic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 04:11 AM   #20
hyacinth
Eskimo Friend

Sounds like a great show! Glad to hear everyone enjoyed it.
I went to the Columbus show and it was amazing. I was disappointed no one had it available online to download.
hyacinth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 08:57 PM   #21
elephantintheroom
Eskimo Friend

What a ridiculous show. I've seen him 5 times now and I think that one takes the cake. Beast and Beauty is chillingly good. I'd heard the recordings, but live it just has an edge. and CROSS-EYED BEAR!!!!

I agree with people for once on Cheers Darlin'; I didn't really like it the first couple times I saw it because it was too mannered, but Tuesday night was just an Oscar-winning performance. I think it was particularly humorous because the apparent disgustingness of the wine pulled Damien out of character, plus we knew what was coming, so that extra layer of abstraction made the whole experience more farcical and melodramatic but in a way that it was laughing at itself.

Hmm, what else. Most exciting, emotive "I remember" that I've experienced. Damien was just ROCKING OUT. Oh yes, and I loooooved what he's done with the Volcano >> MMY&I >> Volcano >> MMY&I interweaving.

My personal favorite was Coconut Skins. Damien seriously was glowing, with pure happiness. He generally looked SO HAPPY!

It was just a real treat. Thanks to the audience, too, for being such an amazing crowd - completely pumped, and yet still respectful and polite (even during the whole "I'll play you something you don't know" <<copious suggestions from the audience>> "You f-ing know those ones!"). RISE UP, CLEVELAND!
elephantintheroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 02:41 PM   #22
ThenGoInsane
Eskimo Baby

I am new to the forum and this was my second show. I also saw him in Columbus (bass, drums, damo) vs Cleveland (entire band). I was row T middle/orchastra. I think they jammed unbelievably (sp?) well this evening in cleveland. I prefered the concert in columbus I think b/c I was 4th row, it was outside, and the atmosphere was amazing how quiet/respectful it was for an outside venue.

It was nice to see alot of unreleased songs in cleveland. Insane is my favorite song which he didnt play but I can get over it. I heard the guy yell 3 years ago, so I give him credit for knowing...too bad damo didnt hear b/c there were other people yelling for songs and such...

MMY&I is so amazing to me live...I get chills

Awesome concert...glad everyone had a good time...oh and the drinks were wonderful too...
ThenGoInsane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 04:26 AM   #23
mariaoran
The girl from Venezuela

yayyyy thanks to the wonders of youtube..... Here's a video... finally... of Coconut skins!!!!

so there really are no more videos of this show??!!!??

"This place is a Gynocracy!"

repetition creates pattern, repetition creates pattern, repetition creates pattern...
mariaoran is offline   Reply With Quote