Home   | About   | Contact  | Lyrics  | Tabs  | Forum

The Igloo

Go Back   The Igloo > Damien Rice > Damien's Gigs

Old 07-10-2007, 04:21 PM   #1
Bohemian_Babe
Eskimo Baby

Default Question about presale

Hi. I am on the Damien Rice mailing list and I have the password for the presale, but when I checked ticketmaster, the seats that are left aren't that great. I was wondering if there is a specific amount of tickets on sale for the presale and the rest are released on the day the tickets are available to the public, or if the show can sell out on presale alone. I don't want to miss out on tickets (I missed out on the last show), but if there's a chance of better tickets on Friday, I'd rather wait. Thanks.
Bohemian_Babe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 07:38 PM   #2
viv
Eskimo Regular

I had those exact same thoughts last time around and when the general public tickets went on sale I was much farther back than I would have been if I'd just bought the semi-crappy ones through pre-sale.

Having said that, the workings of the pre-sale are a mystery to me. I use to think there were specific seats set aside for the pre-sale but now I'm not sure and I have no idea who make those decisions. I thought it was the individual venue that chose and that it varried from place to place, but the last couple of concerts that I've been to (other than Damien's) it just seems they start from the front and fill as many as they can. I don't know though.
viv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 02:25 AM   #3
Bohemian_Babe
Eskimo Baby

Thanks Viv. I probably should have just bought the ones I saw which were much better than what's left now. Oh well, I'll try the general public sale and if it doesn't work out, I'll just have to suck it up.
Bohemian_Babe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 03:36 AM   #4
FightthegdFight
Eskimo Regular

I'd say just wait until the general sale if you are able to buy it at the very beginning of the general sale. I'm a firm believer that the VERY best seats are held for the general sale, but it's just a bigger gamble with more people knowing about it.
Old 07-11-2007, 04:01 AM   #5
davidcotyalex
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by FightthegdFight
I'd say just wait until the general sale if you are able to buy it at the very beginning of the general sale. I'm a firm believer that the VERY best seats are held for the general sale, but it's just a bigger gamble with more people knowing about it.
I am actually a firm believer the VERY best seats are all a scam and controlled by the - dare I say - scalpers (running for cover). So - and pls don't tell the purists - but we have front row center at the Ryman - I know I am the Heathen incarnate. But my wife and I will have a really great time on our way to purgatory.......
davidcotyalex is offline   Reply With Quote