Home   | About   | Contact  | Lyrics  | Tabs  | Forum

The Igloo

Go Back   The Igloo > Lisa Hannigan > Lisa Hannigan

Old 11-10-2014, 06:23 PM   #1
Damohohoh
Eskimo Friend

Default Glimpse of Lisa Hannigan's response to Rice (post his album)

Just a very tiny reflection of her headspace (well, you can gather a lot from it, or very little, depending on how you choose to see things I suppose-- I feel it is revealing, but that is also qualified by so much of what we don't know) post the album release:

She posted about performing at Christchurch a couple of days back on her Facebook. This ensued:

Commenter 1: "With Damien Rice?"
Commenter 2: "*Commenter 1*, Tact is really not your middle name is it? Lisa, can we get tickets to the show?"
Lisa (who to be sure, responds extremely rarely on comments made): "*Commenter 2* I will try finding out for you. (thank you)"

Like I said, it is a very small acknowledgment, and can be considered nothing. But that she chose to even acknowledge this in some way (when previously she always ignored such comments), and thanked the other person like she did for defending her, makes me think that nostalgia in her did not bloom on a listen of MFFF, if she did listen to it at all.

I know people do not like getting into the dynamics of this equation between these two, but for me, if two people are using their music as a form of communication with one another, then the corresponding inter play is actually quite fascinating. I mean, if for nothing else, then just the irony, that his music touches a chord with all except the one for whom it is intended. That being said, I feel like Rice may also be beyond giving an eff now.
Damohohoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 07:14 PM   #2
glo32
Eskimo Regular

I think a lot of people has asked her questions like that in the past, and she had to learn how to ignore them... wouldn't read too much into this
glo32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 07:20 PM   #3
Damohohoh
Eskimo Friend

But that is precisely my point! She usually ignores all of them. But this time, she actually responded by thanking the person who defended her. But like I said, it is still a small concession on her behalf. Maybe she just had had too much of Rice being brought up (I am guessing past week or so it would have been more than usual), and was like STFU to the first commenter, but because she couldn't do it herself, thanked the person who did it instead .
Old 11-11-2014, 04:36 AM
damien lisa
This message has been deleted by damien lisa.
Old 11-11-2014, 08:49 PM   #4
cille
creepycute

She responded to the ticket question, not the other stuff.
Old 11-11-2014, 11:02 PM   #5
Shillelagh
Eskimo Bro

I kinda read it the way OP did.
Shillelagh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2014, 06:03 AM   #6
damien lisa
am i breaking u

Quote:
Originally Posted by cille View Post
She responded to the ticket question, not the other stuff.
(thank you) is for the other stuff
Old 11-12-2014, 08:29 AM   #7
Damohohoh
Eskimo Friend

True. And I think Damien's reluctance to talk about her now (as opposed to the first few written interviews he did during the launch, where he spoke about how he missed her in the studio, and reached out to her to be a part of the album), is also maybe a mild indication of the fact that things didn't go down too well post the album launch. Again, all of this is just speculation, and a bit of hypothesis building. I just wonder what it does to your creative process as an artist-- if your muse (active or passive) does not respond to your creation, does that not give you more freedom? It also makes me curious about his follow up album, because I have a feeling it will not be around Lisa-- so what will Damien write about? Heart break and restitution has been addressed-- next is what? And will Lisa even so much as address him in his third album? Will the audience continue to speculate (much like me), or was this the last straw in their combined saga, where we were just an interpreting audience?

What follows will be interesting, is the gist of what I just said .
Old 11-12-2014, 09:38 AM   #8
carrroline
person

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damohohoh View Post
if your muse (active or passive) does not respond to your creation, does that not give you more freedom? It also makes me curious about his follow up album, because I have a feeling it will not be around Lisa-- so what will Damien write about? Heart break and restitution has been addressed-- next is what? And will Lisa even so much as address him in his third album? Will the audience continue to speculate (much like me), or was this the last straw in their combined saga, where we were just an interpreting audience?

What follows will be interesting, is the gist of what I just said .
Sorry, but this reads as if you were waiting for the next episode of a soap opera...
carrroline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2014, 09:55 AM   #9
Damohohoh
Eskimo Friend

Hahaha, it does sound like that. But I just meant inspiration and creative processes, and the end goal of an individuals music, and the journey it charters- all of it is an interesting thing. It can be viewed as cheap thrills or trying to gauge the process behind any piece of work. I submit to being guilty of experiencing both.
Old 11-12-2014, 07:08 PM
damien lisa
Old 11-19-2014, 06:42 PM   #10
rachlanee
Eskimo Regular

The song from Frozen just got stuck in my head... "Let it go, let it go....."
Old 11-19-2014, 06:48 PM   #11
verenita
... trusty and true ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachlanee View Post
The song from Frozen just got stuck in my head... "Let it go, let it go....."

sorry for this massive silly, totally out of topic, comment... but, rach, i got to know about this film (a few months ago) thanks to a beautiful irish girl named... georgia! (your location) great film, btw... i feel more connected to princess anna though.
Old 11-19-2014, 07:19 PM   #12
damien lisa
am i breaking u

funny that the song No one need know has way way more "let it go" than Let it go
Old 11-19-2014, 10:04 PM   #13
verenita
... trusty and true ...

^ haha, true... i really like that song!
Old 11-20-2014, 02:19 PM   #14
damien lisa
am i breaking u

and also, The professor has more "i don't know" than Lisa's I don't know
Old 11-21-2014, 10:51 AM   #15
rachlanee
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by verenita View Post

sorry for this massive silly, totally out of topic, comment... but, rach, i got to know about this film (a few months ago) thanks to a beautiful irish girl named... georgia! (your location) great film, btw... i feel more connected to princess anna though.
I still need to check the movie out. My 4 yr old niece is always singing that song.
Old 11-21-2014, 11:30 AM   #16
verenita
... trusty and true ...

i don´t really like the song, but the film is worth one shot at least
Old 11-22-2014, 03:45 AM   #17
rachlanee
Eskimo Regular

I will eventually. I have a hard time sitting through a movie without wanting to paint, draw, write, edit photos, etc. lol. Every time I hear the song though, I start singing Lisa's part of 'Let GoooOOOoooooo"
Old 05-12-2015, 08:13 AM   #18
damien lisa
am i breaking u

she should avoid it

Old 05-12-2015, 07:00 PM   #19
carrroline
person

I think she tried that approach , didn't work. I think this one truly asked out of ignorance.
carrroline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015, 08:03 PM   #20
demonhuntress
Eskimo Stalker

Ah, wish I could find it there. Anyway, this gets me this weird feeling.
We will never be here again.

demonhuntress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 08:38 PM   #21
LisaHanniganChile
Eskimo Friend

I think Damien was so intelligent. He spoke about Lisa to Hot Press Magazine and told it all what happened, from his point of view, obviously. From that point, if some medio ask about her, he can say "Hey, I spoke about it so many years ago".
For the contrary, Lisa never spoke about Damien, except to tell cut things that managed that we wanna know more. I don't know if she is managed by someone, but that person it's not making a good job.
I love Lisa. I administer a fan page about her, but I think that she's wrong.
Hopefully that someday Damien and Lisa follow the example of Glen and Markéta. In that way, we can hear them one more time.
LisaHanniganChile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 11:18 AM
damien lisa
Old 06-20-2015, 03:44 AM   #22
DesoleInBoston
Eskimo Regular

I was brushing up on my Lisa trivia and came across this interview that's post MFFF's release. I'm not sure if it's been posted here yet, but it's pretty interesting. The feminist in me is irritated that they don't ask her about her own work until the second half of the article.
http://www.independent.ie/entertainm...-30859167.html
DesoleInBoston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2016, 04:32 PM   #23
damien lisa
am i breaking u

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaHanniganChile View Post
I think Damien was so intelligent. He spoke about Lisa to Hot Press Magazine and told it all what happened, from his point of view, obviously. From that point, if some medio ask about her, he can say "Hey, I spoke about it so many years ago".
For the contrary, Lisa never spoke about Damien, except to tell cut things that managed that we wanna know more. I don't know if she is managed by someone, but that person it's not making a good job.
I love Lisa. I administer a fan page about her, but I think that she's wrong.
Hopefully that someday Damien and Lisa follow the example of Glen and Markéta. In that way, we can hear them one more time.
ok since u keep it in private group, there're things:

_the 2009 interview is the most overatted and unnecessary interview of all time. And all the things he said after it abt lisa is just bring more drama that a reality show need.
_Like damo said, ppl is different. Especially those 2 and glen, mar. Honestly, i think a broken couple can be friends again only when they realize they never in love or one of them knew it
_Again like damo said, his song comes nature, not force it up. It's really childish when he asked lisa to join on the album while the answer was way too predictable. They're not those last survivor, there're plenty of other artists to collaboration. Lisa is wrong? Yes. When she wanted to do it with damo but didn't for some other reasons. But no, she cleared the point, she doesn't want to go back. Seem like damo still can't deal with it.

Last edited by damien lisa; 05-29-2016 at 04:36 PM.
damien lisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2016, 07:04 PM   #24
sepe_lete_
Eskimo Baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by damien lisa View Post
ok since u keep it in private group, there're things:

_the 2009 interview is the most overatted and unnecessary interview of all time. And all the things he said after it abt lisa is just bring more drama that a reality show need.
_Like damo said, ppl is different. Especially those 2 and glen, mar. Honestly, i think a broken couple can be friends again only when they realize they never in love or one of them knew it
_Again like damo said, his song comes nature, not force it up. It's really childish when he asked lisa to join on the album while the answer was way too predictable. They're not those last survivor, there're plenty of other artists to collaboration. Lisa is wrong? Yes. When she wanted to do it with damo but didn't for some other reasons. But no, she cleared the point, she doesn't want to go back. Seem like damo still can't deal with it.
Do we know the other reasons?
sepe_lete_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 12:49 AM   #25
damien lisa
am i breaking u

Quote:
Originally Posted by sepe_lete_ View Post
Do we know the other reasons?
Quote:
Lisa is wrong? Yes. When she wanted to do it with damo but didn't for some other reasons
srr for my bad english. Must be "if she wanted to do it with damo but wouldn't for some other reasons". Cos this is totally Past Unreal Conditional http://www.englishpage.com/condition...nditional.html
Quote:
USE

The Past Unreal Conditional is used to talk about imaginary situations in the past. You can describe what you would have done differently or how something could have happened differently if circumstances had been different.
Quote:
IMPORTANT Only use "If"

Only the word "if" is used with the Past Unreal Conditional because you are discussing imaginary situations. "When" cannot be used.

Last edited by damien lisa; 06-02-2016 at 12:53 AM.
damien lisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 05:00 PM   #26
sepe_lete_
Eskimo Baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by damien lisa View Post
srr for my bad english. Must be "if she wanted to do it with damo but wouldn't for some other reasons. Cos this is totally Past Unreal Conditional http://www.englishpage.com/condition...nditional.html
It's okay, my English is worse than yours
sepe_lete_ is offline   Reply With Quote