Home   | About   | Contact  | Lyrics  | Tabs  | Forum

The Igloo

Go Back   The Igloo > Other Music > Other Music

Old 01-28-2015, 11:12 PM   #31
eva_arg
Eskimo Regular

oh just seeing this... Great pics!! And I loved that chorus surprising him at Virgin Radio.
Old 01-29-2015, 02:15 PM   #32
RenataAQP
Eskimo Regular

really nice pics Carroline!! i've been listening to the songs you listed there since i've had only listened to "take me to church" (which i love).
I saw he is playing in the city i live but tickets are already sold out They were only $30 and now scalpers are selling them at $120!!! haaate them!!
Old 01-31-2015, 02:55 AM   #33
Beat Surrender
Eskimo Friend

Hello everyone! Ooooh... this is so crazy for me, this Hozier thing... I'm like a jaded old music fan, who used to see concerts at least 4 of every 7 nights a week back in the day. Now I hardly ever discover new music (or at least new artists), and hardly get to live shows (kids will do that to you ). But dammit if Hozier hasn't made me like a jelly-legged tween with posters of One Direction plastered all over my bedroom!! Not that I have even a single pic of Hozier up in my house, but it's almost like I'm as manic!

I just can't get over the immense talent. I can't believe I feel the way I felt when I really discovered Jeff Buckley. But I discovered my adoration for Buckley after he passed... Hozier is just getting started. Which I'm grateful for!

I do wish I'd seen him early last year (I totally envy whoever above saw him at his mom's art show!!!), when this was all still so new to him and he was a bit awkward and awesome. And OH what I would have given to have been in that Paris audience with that choir - I both giggle with glee and tear up every time I watch that!

No tix for any shows near me - I discovered his music after he'd long sold out this part of his US tour. Woe is me!

But I do have something to cheer myself up, and bring a smile to you as well, especially those of you with kids... recognize the tallest person in this kid-focused video? Even my 6 year old recognized immediately...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2hP_WXGvOX4
Old 01-31-2015, 03:19 AM   #34
Beat Surrender
Eskimo Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by signalfire View Post
You got some wonderful photos. He's definitely the tallest guy I've ever met. I love that even though he doesn't do a lot of showy stuff on the stage, his voice and his playing are captivating enough.

I put some photos from his New York shows on Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/21621347@N00/
Love love LOVE the pic of you two laughing!!! Love it most because it's the most I've' seen him laugh in ANY photo! You are clearly too awesome for him to stand...
Old 01-31-2015, 05:10 PM   #35
carrroline
person

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beat Surrender View Post
But I do have something to cheer myself up, and bring a smile to you as well, especially those of you with kids... recognize the tallest person in this kid-focused video? Even my 6 year old recognized immediately...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2hP_WXGvOX4

Something else to cheer you up

Last edited by carrroline; 01-31-2015 at 05:15 PM.
carrroline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 03:50 AM   #36
Beat Surrender
Eskimo Friend

Yes those are lovely as well! There is an interview - I think it's Belgian t.v.? It's a talk show format kinda like "The View" (at least it looks that way - I don't speak the language so no clue really!) But they have Hozier at the table and show a clip from this Anuna show, and one woman who is clearly quite taken with Hozier anyway has the FUNNIEST look of shock on her face, like she just looks stunned LOL! I don't know why the video would be that shocking or crazy to see... but her reaction is funny.
Old 02-01-2015, 07:50 AM   #37
carrroline
person

Yeah, that's 'cafe Corsari'.
Damien was on it as well (october 2014, no interview though)
It's filmed very close to where I live. (Here's the Hozier interview http://youtu.be/kO4EfcFdK4I)

The woman with the shocked expression says that she thinks it's 'AMAAAAZING', so she's just very impressed, i think.
This is what she does for a living http://youtu.be/ZRMTC9Tzj2c
So i guess it doesn't take much to impress her...

Last edited by carrroline; 02-01-2015 at 08:14 AM.
Old 02-01-2015, 04:02 PM   #38
Beat Surrender
Eskimo Friend

That is FUNNY! Is she in a kids t.v. show band or what is that? And I had only watched the Cafe Cosari interview once - just clicked on your link and watched a bit of it again and that woman's expression is like that the whole time!!! I certainly can understand her awe, it's just unusual (and a little disconcerting, but maybe refreshing too?) to see someone actually on the interview table staring like she's doing everything she can to resist jumping over the table and attacking Hozier with kisses LOL! Oh, wait, was I just projecting a little there?
Old 02-01-2015, 09:32 PM   #39
carrroline
person

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beat Surrender View Post
That is FUNNY! Is she in a kids t.v. show band or what is that?
Something like that. But it's awful and like heroine for kids

And yeah she looks a bit affected but that's understandable. He is very endearing and easy on the eyes.
Old 02-02-2015, 08:16 AM   #40
carrroline
person

Oh, and Lisa is a fan

Old 02-02-2015, 06:50 PM   #41
Beat Surrender
Eskimo Friend

That would be a "mutual admiration society" thing between Andrew and Lisa then - didn't he name-calling her more than once as examples of great female voices?
Old 02-02-2015, 06:52 PM   #42
Beat Surrender
Eskimo Friend

Oops, it auto-corrected "name-check" to "name-calling"! No, Hozier mentioned her, he did not call her names lol!
Old 02-02-2015, 08:53 PM   #43
carrroline
person

Yes, I believe he did. I got the impression that he's not a Damien fan though.
Old 02-02-2015, 09:49 PM   #44
Beat Surrender
Eskimo Friend

I notice he seems to steer way clear of mentioning any other Irish artists in interviews (other than Lisa & Little Green Cars & Wyvern Lingo). Someone asked him if he went to Joshua Tree to film the video for From Eden because of U2, and he seemed to take a moment to be careful and then just said "No. Not at all." And explained why they filmed there. But the "No" was very... assertive!

If I were guessing I'd say he feels like Irish rock/folk music didn't heavily influence him or his music so he doesn't really want to spend time focusing on it in interviews.

And then there's my other theory... total conjecture and I have nothing to back it up... but because of the level of "talk" surrounding Lisa ' s exit from Damien ' s band when it happened, I get the impression from my Irish friends that you're either "Team Damo" or "Team Lisa" and few people are on both teams. Not so, obviously, on this board where many people are on both teams.
Old 02-02-2015, 10:03 PM   #45
damien lisa
am i breaking u

if damo and lisa had never met each other, lisa would talk a lot abt damo like a fan
Old 02-03-2015, 03:35 AM   #46
Beat Surrender
Eskimo Friend

Wonder what Hozier and Annie Lenox will sing in their duet at the Grammys?
Old 03-05-2015, 11:13 AM   #47
carrroline
person

From the Other Voices facebook page:
Quote:
We are thrilled to announce that Other Voices will return to RTÉ2 on March 15th with a Hozier Special.
In the lead up to the 13th series, we will trace Hozier's whirlwind journey from his first TV appearance on Other Voices to international stardom.
The hour long show will include performances and a brand new interview with the Grammy nominated Wicklow musician.
Save the date. Set your reminders. This is one not to be missed!
22:50 / March 15th / RTE 2
Old 03-17-2015, 01:57 PM   #48
eva_arg
Eskimo Regular

OV Special 2015
http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-d....php?id=521802
Old 03-17-2015, 03:00 PM   #49
carrroline
person

thank you Eva!
Old 06-15-2015, 07:11 AM   #50
carrroline
person

His full set @bonnaroo...
http://youtu.be/Q3zUIE1zUKM

I don't listen to the album that often anymore, but his voice still amazes me every time I see one of these live captures.
Old 06-15-2015, 02:27 PM   #51
verenita
... trusty and true ...

thanks for posting! i´ll have a look later on.