Home   | About   | Contact  | Lyrics  | Tabs  | Forum

The Igloo

Go Back   The Igloo > Other Music > Other Music

Old 10-14-2004, 09:02 PM   #1
administrator
forum administrator

so on new year's eve 1989/1990 u2 played in the point depot in dublin at the stroke of midnight and it's always been one of my favourite recordings. anyway, bbc are letting you listen to it this week in their archives. so if you'd like to hear it too then just go here - sorry for all my u2 threads! no wait! i'm not sorry! i think maybe i'll turn this site into a u2 site soon... any complaints? hehe... hope damien won't be too upset...

administrator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2004, 12:30 AM   #2
Lemonhead
Eskimo Regular

[img]smileys/smiley36.gif[/img]this is so cool, thanks for sharing![img]smileys/smiley4.gif[/img]gee, you must have been only a youngster...i was born in 1989.

ooh what wouldthe sitebe called if you changed it for u2?! beatifuldaytimers.com?! you'd have to get a new dolly : )
Old 10-15-2004, 03:02 AM   #3
SisterMidnight
Jellyfishsting

I always liked their gig recorded live at Red Rocks natural ampitheater in Colorado best. They were touring for "Boy" I think and it was just before they really hit and became mega-superstars. Amazingly beautiful setting, the band sounded awesomeand the crowd was so into it...

I'm more than a little concerned about the statement aboutthis becoming a U2 site, though. It doesn't sound that far-fetched to me, seeing as a U2 crazy is at the helm! Thanks for the link, Emmett.
SisterMidnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2004, 12:10 PM   #4
rosey
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmett
so on new year's eve 1989/1990 u2 played in the point depot in dublin at the stroke of midnight and it's always been one of my favourite recordings. anyway, bbc are letting you listen to it this week in their archives. so if you'd like to hear it too then just go here - sorry for all my u2 threads! no wait! i'm not sorry! i think maybe i'll turn this site into a u2 site soon... any complaints? hehe... hope damien won't be too upset...

I have that gig on 2 tapes ...half of the first one is taken up with whichever DJs were presenting the show, talking crap and playing dodgy music and then of course I had to change tapes mid-gig and it's all a bit messy. I've not listened to it in ages but I'll need to go rake the tapes out now and get all nostalgic.
rosey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2004, 01:25 PM   #5
Uno- X
Eskimo CSI

btw emmett..theer's something I've always wanted to ask ye..how come ye didn't make a u2 fansite?

Uno- X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2004, 02:29 PM   #6
marina
Eskimo Regular

yet una...he hasn't made it yet.....hehe
Old 10-15-2004, 04:07 PM   #7
marloes
Eskimo Regular

oooh I love this U2 show [img]smileys/smiley17.gif[/img] . My older brother is a big U2 fan as well and he has this gig on cd. When we were both still living at home I always stole it from him, but I hadn't heard it in a really long time now. So thanks for that link [img]smileys/smiley4.gif[/img]
marloes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2004, 06:26 PM   #8
Hannah650
Wee Wils

Apparently Jo Whiley will be doing a show with U2 in their Dublin studio sometime within the next month. Not sure of the exact date but it should be annonced quite soon on Radio1...

BTW thanx for the link emmett, listening to the gods themselves now[img]smileys/smiley4.gif[/img]Edited by: Hannah650
Old 10-17-2004, 11:13 PM   #9
rosey
Eskimo Regular

I listened to my old tapes of the gig today ...the actual gig was a lot longer than what's been played on the Radio 1 site ...they've missed out the encores entirely....still it was nice looking backand itwas quite a historical time in European politics too - strange to hear all those old countries mentioned.
rosey is offline   Reply With Quote