Home   | About   | Contact  | Lyrics  | Tabs  | Forum

The Igloo

Go Back   The Igloo > Damien Rice > Damien's Gigs

Old 02-25-2007, 05:49 PM   #151
LaurenM
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mario_d
Could we possibly keep the ticket discussion to one of the three threads about the upcoming tour?

Or, preferably, figure out how to read the internet for yourselves instead of expecting people to explain everything to you.
you and Ramona would make a stunning couple

http://thatgirlwiththefreckles.blogspot.com/
LaurenM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 09:46 PM   #152
DawnAC321
Eskimo Baby

Default so sorry mario...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MertWindu
How about because the folks who went to the December Boston show might check this thread, and might also know something about the ticketing for the May show?
(Yeah that's why I did it.)

Mario,
I know that my post was terribly long and hard to read...it must have taken up a ton of your time when you were forced to read it. Sorry if I upset you; I'll try not to do it again.
DawnAC321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 02:34 PM   #153
mario_d
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnAC321
Sorry if I upset you; I'll try not to do it again.
Instead of trying, just don't do it again.
mario_d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 02:36 PM   #154
mario_d
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveydave
Hi All,

Sorry for the lack of information & delay.

I wanted you all to have this information.

Is there anyone who would be willing to work on some short sections of the show that need a really professional hiss reduction program. I'm a very good mastering amateur, but do we have any professionals in on this site that may be able to take a couple of sections to a real studio? This would be put into a second remastered release. Not for what I plan to release on Monday.

I wrote this a short time ago to very supportive Eskimo Friend & would love to know if this will satisfy everyone???

Hey,

Good to hear from you. My problem is that I'm too much of a perfectionist. I have a few spots where the mics rubbed together and I'm trying to take away some background hiss produced by the recorder. You can hear it on soft songs because the audio level in the venue was so low compared to the amount of noise the recorder makes.

I think I'm going to handle this in the following manner:
a.) Release this version that I have that is 98% to perfection. Some small flaws, but not a distraction to even most picky listeners.

b.) Take my time on a second release that will be remastered over a couple of months with all the professional tools, bells and whistles. Hey, I've never seen a rule where you can't have a remaster down the line ;-).

It's just not worth worrying about the small little problems that I can hear that very few people will even notice. Like I said, I'm a bit of a perfectionist. That's my biggest problem.

Thus, I'll package the whole thing together tonight and tomorrow as is, and upload it.

Dave

If you want to send me the masters, I could work with it.
Old 02-26-2007, 03:05 PM   #155
LaurenM
Eskimo Regular

seriously though

http://thatgirlwiththefreckles.blogspot.com/
LaurenM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 03:22 PM   #156
jbpats
Eskimo Friend

Default New Boston Show!!!!!

Looks like we all have something new to talk about and look forward to. Just got my tix and somehow managed to beat the Jimmy Buffett onsale rush time. Needless to say I am very pleased with my tickets! Can't wait.

By the way thank you once again Davey for putting so much effort into the recording from December. Your generosity is greatly appreciated by many!
jbpats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 03:31 PM   #157
tylerm
Eskimo Baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbpats
Looks like we all have something new to talk about and look forward to. Just got my tix and somehow managed to beat the Jimmy Buffett onsale rush time. Needless to say I am very pleased with my tickets! Can't wait.

By the way thank you once again Davey for putting so much effort into the recording from December. Your generosity is greatly appreciated by many!
What row did you get?
tylerm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 03:35 PM   #158
ml7667
Eskimo Baby

just got my seats, floor, row C, seats 10-12
ml7667 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 03:37 PM   #159
jbpats
Eskimo Friend

Centerpit row BBB

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerm
What row did you get?
Old 02-26-2007, 06:50 PM   #160
coreyb
eskiphotographer

aye... i need to get good seats for this... can anyone hook me up with a password for presale? PM me if you can...

(ps - if anyone wants to flame me for asking cause it's already been asked or they feel i shouldn't have it, your rant will fall on deaf ears... cheers!)
coreyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 07:02 PM   #161
daveydave
Eskimo Regular

Just sent a PM corey
daveydave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 07:26 PM   #162
coreyb
eskiphotographer

Quote:
Just sent a PM corey
cheers - my wife is sick of going to see damien shows... haha! i'm going by myself... at least i got a better seat cause of the single ticket! i'm dead center row A (5th row?)... so stoked... what's their camera policy? would love to bring my dSLR in and finally get some good shots of damo in action...
Old 02-28-2007, 01:21 AM   #163
abumchuck
Eskimo Baby

so has anyone here been to the boston opera house before? I was trying to find pictures on google and it appears to be pretty similar to the orpheum, maybe bigger? im not really sure, i have row o in the orchestra, anyone know how good/bad those are? i imagine decent, at least i hope. at least im on the floor so i can seat hop at the beggining of the show and hopefully get up closer before i get booted back to my seats. Davey will you be taping this show as well? I cant wait to hear the full finished take from last show.
abumchuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 04:37 PM   #164
coreyb
eskiphotographer

Quote:
Originally Posted by abumchuck
so has anyone here been to the boston opera house before? I was trying to find pictures on google and it appears to be pretty similar to the orpheum, maybe bigger?
definitely larger, but still intimate

Quote:
im not really sure, i have row o in the orchestra, anyone know how good/bad those are? i imagine decent, at least i hope.
better than rows p-z and the balcony! don't worry about it... you'll enjoy the show no matter what...

Quote:
at least im on the floor so i can seat hop at the beggining of the show and hopefully get up closer before i get booted back to my seats.
you're joking right? don't do that... just don't do it... it's so annoying to be the one to have to move you and it's annoying for everyone around your stolen seat because they have to put up with the disturbance... take your proper seat and enjoy the show! not trying to be mean here, but it's not hard to be courteous at a show my friend...

Last edited by coreyb; 02-28-2007 at 04:44 PM.
Old 02-28-2007, 09:58 PM   #165
abumchuck
Eskimo Baby

ya your right, i dont wanna get in anyones way and lessen their expirience at all. but its usually not that big a deal when only a third of the people are there during the opening act. Ive done this a few times and always get up and leave before it gets filled up and i start getting in peoples way. It seems like such a waste when there are so many empty seats of people who dont care to support the artist and dont get there on time. your right for calling me out tho, i dont wanna start anything. cheers
Old 03-01-2007, 01:18 AM   #166
poe11371
Lost Eskimo

Cool I got row T

I guess I got in late and got row T to the right of center. Wish I could have gotten left of center as that is the best vantage point to see the band as I learned from the last show.

Hopping down rows is not so bad. If the scalpers don't sell the seats and they are empty I am sure the performer would much rather see someone sitting in them than looking at empty spaces. Like buying a book and finding random blank pages.

It's not cool to jump seats before the show (and esp. during the show) but if they are near you and are empty after at least the opener (chances are going to remain that way) and you can get a better view of the stage/performer then I say why the hell not? Now you all can all start burning me for this.
poe11371 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 07:45 PM   #167
abumchuck
Eskimo Baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by poe11371
I guess I got in late and got row T to the right of center. Wish I could have gotten left of center as that is the best vantage point to see the band as I learned from the last show.

Hopping down rows is not so bad. If the scalpers don't sell the seats and they are empty I am sure the performer would much rather see someone sitting in them than looking at empty spaces. Like buying a book and finding random blank pages.

It's not cool to jump seats before the show (and esp. during the show) but if they are near you and are empty after at least the opener (chances are going to remain that way) and you can get a better view of the stage/performer then I say why the hell not? Now you all can all start burning me for this.
That is exactly the point i was trying to make
Old 03-02-2007, 04:44 PM   #168
coreyb
eskiphotographer

Quote:
That is exactly the point i was trying to make
no worries everyone... i wasn't trying to start a fight by any means just saying that in theatres like this there are few bad seats and you can sit and enjoy your seat without disturbing anyone else during the course of the evening... if you wanna sit closer during the opener, you're right, there usually are less people there (unfortunately), but once they're done i'd move to your seat if i was you... just my opinion on the matter and by no means am i the seating police... cheers y'all...
Old 03-02-2007, 04:56 PM   #169
dragonflies76
Eskimo Baby

Default Boston Show (Opera House)

I am quite happy to get a seat in the Dress Circle (1st 3 rows) of the Mezzanine. I sat there for Jamie Cullum and had a great view of the stage. The Opera House is the most beautiful theatre I've ever seen. Can't wait for the show!
Does anyone know who the opening band is?
~ciao babies!
dragonflies76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 06:39 AM   #170
daveydave
Eskimo Regular

Default opera house / recording / blah blah

Just finished tracking and listening to the Boston Show from December. I need to create a text file and upload it. It will be transfered Saturday around 12pm. I'd do it now, but I need to get to sleep.

BTW - does anyone have some good show pics for cover art???

I have been to the Opera House (for Jamie Cullum last year.) It's similar to the Opheum, I believe bigger, and although tight...the seats are not angled strange like some of the Opheum seats are in the front. It's been completely overhauled, so it kind of makes the Orpheum feel a bit like a dump. It's a bit more high brow, clean and has better facilities.

yes, i will be there in May. I do plan to tape.

More talk tomorrow.

daveydave
Old 03-03-2007, 11:26 PM   #171
scoot_14
Eskimo Baby

Quote:
Just finished tracking and listening to the Boston Show from December. I need to create a text file and upload it. It will be transfered Saturday around 12pm. I'd do it now, but I need to get to sleep.

BTW - does anyone have some good show pics for cover art???

I have been to the Opera House (for Jamie Cullum last year.) It's similar to the Opheum, I believe bigger, and although tight...the seats are not angled strange like some of the Opheum seats are in the front. It's been completely overhauled, so it kind of makes the Orpheum feel a bit like a dump. It's a bit more high brow, clean and has better facilities.

yes, i will be there in May. I do plan to tape.

More talk tomorrow.

daveydave
Very cool, been waiting a while to hear this show. I had a great time. I'll be at the Opera House too (Dressing Circle) and I will try to tape the show as well. I need a new Minidisc recorder though, mines been on the fritz. I'll be trying to pick up some kind of recording device between now and then. I should have a decent line of sight from my seats.
scoot_14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 10:26 PM   #172
conorjam
dont be a menace

dave,

have you released the show yet?
conorjam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 04:57 PM   #173
jbpats
Eskimo Friend

Default Opera house show

I've heard from some people and read on some posts that Damien is touring with a orchestra during his next US tour. Can anybody confirm this? I bet this is why he is playing the opera house this time around...
Old 03-12-2007, 06:26 PM   #174
mdmt619
Eskimo Baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbpats
I've heard from some people and read on some posts that Damien is touring with a orchestra during his next US tour. Can anybody confirm this? I bet this is why he is playing the opera house this time around...
I haven't heard anything, but that would be amazing!
mdmt619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 06:31 PM   #175
borneoman
Insane Eskimo

I think it's only 1 show, Philadelphia, and that's it...
borneoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 06:39 PM   #176
daveydave
Eskimo Regular

It is coming tonight. There are several people who have been a part of this thread who have already downloaded it from me. Tonight, we will put it up on bt.etree.org and have more than just one host.

Feel free to ask the others any questions. For those who have it and are hosting tonight, feel free to add any thoughts on the quality if you want.

dave
Old 03-12-2007, 07:46 PM   #177
jbpats
Eskimo Friend

Feel free to ask the others any questions. For those who have it and are hosting tonight, feel free to add any thoughts on the quality if you want.

The quality is unbelievable. Only have the first half downloaded can't wait to hear the rest. If you told me it was proffesional i wouldnt question it! I haven't stopped listening to it... Thank you again Dave!
Old 03-12-2007, 08:55 PM   #178
daveydave
Eskimo Regular

JBPats,

You are too kind. So happy you like it. I'm just as pumped as you guys and gals. Thing is, I'm the biggest fan of live shows. It's funny, sometimes you think you are going to get a great recording from your position but don't. Othertimes you nail it pretty good. I think this is one of those audience shows that you end up prefering over a hollow / dry sounding soundboard.

***There may be a couple of files that need to be downloaded again. Mainly, Cold Water, the band intro, and Cannonball. That's only 3 and I intend to just remove some of those clicks that might have been produced by the mics rubbing when we all stood up for the encore. Quick fixes, and I'm still looking at 9pm for the official release. ****

Dave
Old 03-12-2007, 09:17 PM   #179
mario_d
Eskimo Regular

Not sure how much you've used BT, but if you make any change at all to a track, make sure you PM everyone who has it so we download the new version, otherwise there's gonna be a big problem.
Old 03-12-2007, 09:18 PM   #180
cille
creepycute

Forgive me my ignorance, but what time zone are you in, Dave? I'm on GMT+1 and it's my bedtime now, so i fear i can't contribute much tonight..??

Haven't had a chance to listen to your work yet Dave, but am really looking forward to it - your work is appreciated!