Home   | About   | Contact  | Lyrics  | Tabs  | Forum

The Igloo

Go Back   The Igloo > Damien Rice > Damien's Gigs

Old 08-15-2015, 09:02 AM   #1
borneoman
Insane Eskimo

Default Houston

from setlistfm, looks like a much better setlist than the recent ones, starting with Grey Room and Eskimo!!

Grey Room
Eskimo
The Box
Elephant
I Remember
The Greatest Bastard
Coconut Skins
Accidental Babies
Delicate
Trusty and True
It Takes a Lot to Know a Man
Encore:
Cannonball
Long Long Way
Volcano
9 Crimes
The Blower's Daughter
Old 08-15-2015, 09:42 AM   #2
Circa1992
Eskimo Regular

Great, great show! Obnoxious audience. I can't for the life of me understand why people enjoy squealing, shouting, and shrieking in the middle of quiet, nuanced songs?! Damien has been on fire these past 4 shows! LOVED Accidental Babies (I mentioned it at the Austin aftershow when others were suggesting songs). He began singing The Box a second time, realized his mistake, then switched to Elephant. Oh, and when he was looping during 9 crimes, he looped in some of the audience cheering. Then he said something like "See, I got you on there" BUT, it was still recording the loop (sorry, I have no clue what the technical terminology is). So in the loop for the song, you hear him say "See I got you on there" over and over again- that was pretty funny! And he did a funny Eminem/Lose Yourself impression!

Spoke with his manager- he's NOT opening for Glen, and said the two dates in Nov. will be in the South "where it's warm."

Also, he may be doing Australia and Asia in the spring (which would make my daughter a VERY happy girl)!

Came out to greet fans. There was a touching moment when he interacted with and hugged a severely disabled woman, and she tried putting her arms around him. He was asked to sing some songs and he said no because he was tired. But after he chatted with fans a bit, this guy bugged him to do Cheers Darlin (even though he requested it in Austin and Damien obliged). So Damien said he'll do only 1 song across the street at a park. He did Cheers Darlin' for about 30+ people. The same person tried pressing him to play more, and that really bothered me...it was very gracious of Damien to give us even more of his time, and his wishes should be respected!

Gotta get some sleep now since we're flying home later this morning. It's been a ridiculously fun week: 4 shows in 5 days...the first of which was Red Rocks! I guess I got a taste of what it's like to be Marti and/or Stefan!

Last edited by Circa1992; 08-15-2015 at 09:44 AM.
Circa1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2015, 12:07 PM   #3
borneoman
Insane Eskimo

great that you did a Marti/Stefan
Old 08-15-2015, 05:34 PM   #4
cookienator
Eskimo Friend

He said that he was going to New Orleans in November so that must be one of his dates.

And I agree, that close talker guy was very pushy. He should've been happy that Damien obliged at all.

Despite the horrendous audience shouting and screeching in the middle of songs, his energy was crazy! He gave a little extra, especially in ITALTKAM and 9 crimes. He was really jammin out.

Told some funny stories about when he was a teenager playing music in Ireland and how he would get drunk guys that came up to shake his hand and wouldn't let go and kept telling him about how they used to live next to Bono haha. Also did a funny bit after people were trying to get him to down his wine and he started playing blowers daughter as if he was too drunk to do so.

Side note, Shazad is such a genuinely nice guy. Gyda too. Shazad was outside after and randomly asked if anyone was a drummer out there and one guy said he was, so Shazad gave him his 2 drums! Someone was saying they came to do these shows as a favor to Damien and they weren't supposed to be bc of their label or something like that, which is why they didn't advertise themselves before or during the show really.

Overall, the Texas shows were all really good. He was in a fantastic mood for all of them. I'd probably rank Austin, then Houston, then Dallas.
cookienator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2015, 12:46 AM   #5
cookienator
Eskimo Friend

He should really do another live album. The different versions of 9 crimes, long long way, volcano, etc are amazing and deserve more justice than YouTube can give.
cookienator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2015, 04:37 AM   #6
damien lisa
am i breaking u

Quote:
Originally Posted by cookienator View Post
He should really do another live album. The different versions of 9 crimes, long long way, volcano, etc are amazing and deserve more justice than YouTube can give.
he must already have like 9 versions of 9 crimes
Old 08-16-2015, 06:09 PM   #7
verenita
... trusty and true ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by damien lisa View Post
he must already have like 9 versions of 9 crimes
i love them all!

a live album would be brilliant!
Old 09-04-2015, 09:49 AM   #8
damien lisa
am i breaking u

Last edited by damien lisa; 09-10-2015 at 05:53 AM.
damien lisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2015, 10:00 PM   #9
Circa1992
Eskimo Regular

Thank you...I've been waiting for this video to turn up! Accidental Babies has always been one of my favorites, and I might have gasped out loud when he started playing it that night...

My friend was recording it, but her phone ran out of space toward the end.
Circa1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 05:43 PM   #10
Claude
Eskimo Regular

Thanks for the video, a great version !
:-)
Sorry but at the begining i thought he was talking about M&M's...
And finally i understood Eminem.
Claude is offline   Reply With Quote