Home   | About   | Contact  | Lyrics  | Tabs  | Forum

The Igloo

Go Back   The Igloo > Damien Rice > Damien Rice

Old 03-25-2007, 04:41 PM   #361
Fool
Eskimo Fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esquimales
A piece of paper with his name on it doesn't do anything for me, but seeing that he comes across as a down-to-earth, authentic bloke does - I'll have that any time! Plus, I buy the albums and go to the shows for the music, not to make friends with him (which I wouldn't mind as he didn't seem that unclean ).
I like to think that I'm a down to earth and authentic guy, would you like my autograph?
Fool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 04:46 PM   #362
shyatt3
Eskimo Apprentice

Quit being a fool, fool........wait? I'll take it.
shyatt3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 04:51 PM   #363
Fool
Eskimo Fool

It'll cost...
Fool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 05:31 PM   #364
shyatt3
Eskimo Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fool
It'll cost...
I thought you did it simply out of your authenticity! Simply out of your down-to-earth-ness! You've changed, fool, you've changed....
Old 03-25-2007, 05:34 PM   #365
Rai
Eskimontologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyatt3
I thought you did it simply out of your authenticity! Simply out of your down-to-earth-ness! You've changed, fool, you've changed....
If your down-to-earth it does not mean that you have no commercial spirit...

"If you find you've got a dragon charging at you at thirty miles per hour snapping its teeth you can always drive it defensively through the covers"
Rai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 05:52 PM   #366
jasonAVO
Eskimo Regular

seems to me the people bitching about him not signing autographs are the phoney****s.
why do you even ask? so you can be cool and say look at why i got ? a piece of damien rice? thats why he doesnt do it. because he wants to stay damien rice. some guy who writes and plays music. i respect him for not giving into the demadns to be something other than what he is for you or anyone else. he plays bigger venues because there is a bigger demand to see him play that music. i remember back a bit when people were complaining he didnt play big venues. its not fair that we want to see him and he wont play places big enough for all to see. life isnt fair. suck it up and deal. no one owes **** to anyone. and the man got it right....he owes his success to himself and himself alone. see how quickly the 'thanks for the music damo' turns into resentment and anger when you expect something from him in return? you pay for an album you get a ****in album not a tiny piece of the individual . people are acting like a bunch of 16 yr olds who didnt get a piece of ass at the end of a date.....' but i took you out to dinner, paid for the movie, i was nice and talked to you about **** i dont care about, told you ho w much i love you and respect you...you owe me bitch! is it too much to expect a hj after all that i did for you?

we are all individuals. i dont think most of you have lived long enough to really understand what that means. he doesnt owe you an autograph for being famous anymore than a hot blond owes me a bj for being attractive

jason

"I will not run anyone's life - nor let anyone run mine. I will not rule or be ruled. I will not be a master nor a slave. I will not sacrifice myself to anyone - nor sacrifice anyone to myself."
jasonAVO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 06:01 PM   #367
shyatt3
Eskimo Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rai
If your down-to-earth it does not mean that you have no commercial spirit...
I know man, I'm just being a bit silly, trying to lighten things up a bit. But, while we're at it, I'll take your autograph as well.
Old 03-25-2007, 06:38 PM   #368
mario_d
Eskimo Regular

It appears that the hospital for the mentally deficient got internet access recently....
mario_d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 06:45 PM   #369
Rai
Eskimontologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by mario_d
It appears that the hospital for the mentally deficient got internet access recently....
Yes, yes yes and I'm the helipad on the top!! chudda-chudda-chudda-chudda Woooosh!!!

"If you find you've got a dragon charging at you at thirty miles per hour snapping its teeth you can always drive it defensively through the covers"
Old 03-25-2007, 07:36 PM   #370
Bumpman

Quote:
Originally Posted by mario_d
A subtle attempt to have the thread closed?
Old 03-25-2007, 08:19 PM   #371
mickey13086
Eskimo with a name..Chris

exactly my thoughts bumpman haha

MySpace
mickey13086 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 08:52 PM   #372
MacrossGirl
No hero in her sky..

subtle? Where are our med's? Time to pass them round..

http://www.myspace.com/5859320
MacrossGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 09:38 PM   #373
Heretic At Large
Eskimo Contextualist

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonAVO
seems to me the people bitching about him not signing autographs are the phoney****s.
why do you even ask? so you can be cool and say look at why i got ? a piece of damien rice? thats why he doesnt do it. because he wants to stay damien rice. some guy who writes and plays music. i respect him for not giving into the demadns to be something other than what he is for you or anyone else. he plays bigger venues because there is a bigger demand to see him play that music. i remember back a bit when people were complaining he didnt play big venues. its not fair that we want to see him and he wont play places big enough for all to see. life isnt fair. suck it up and deal. no one owes **** to anyone. and the man got it right....he owes his success to himself and himself alone. see how quickly the 'thanks for the music damo' turns into resentment and anger when you expect something from him in return? you pay for an album you get a ****in album not a tiny piece of the individual . people are acting like a bunch of 16 yr olds who didnt get a piece of ass at the end of a date.....' but i took you out to dinner, paid for the movie, i was nice and talked to you about **** i dont care about, told you ho w much i love you and respect you...you owe me bitch! is it too much to expect a hj after all that i did for you?

we are all individuals. i dont think most of you have lived long enough to really understand what that means. he doesnt owe you an autograph for being famous anymore than a hot blond owes me a bj for being attractive

jason

"I will not run anyone's life - nor let anyone run mine. I will not rule or be ruled. I will not be a master nor a slave. I will not sacrifice myself to anyone - nor sacrifice anyone to myself."
It is wrong because something that would take close to no time at all, yet would mean a lot to someone, he refuses to do.

I don't want an autograph, but I would love a picture, just to look back and remember with. I don't think it is too much to ask. It doesn't have anything to do him owing me one, it has to do with selflessness.

oh, and the way you seem to think age defines one's intellectual capacity only proves how little of an understanding of life you have achieved. I would cease to give so freely these "opinions" of yours. They seem to only work against you.

p.s. a quote will never be able to make up for your lack of intelligence, but it is a cute try.

Last edited by Heretic At Large; 03-25-2007 at 09:41 PM.
Heretic At Large is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 10:15 PM   #374
Moves-My-World
Eskimo Regular

It's all down to personal opinion I think. Some people like to remember things with items or just simply looking back. I remember when I went with my friends to see Brand New and then we met them afterwards, I was chuffed to just speak to Jesse, lead singer, but my friend was annoyed because he wouldn't take a photo with him for a keepsake.
Moves-My-World is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 10:19 PM   #375
Coelhuu
Eskimo Baby

It's on Damien's page now, guys!!!

She has really left the band!!!

"Band update - 25 Mar 2007
After much thought and discussion Damien has decided that his professional relationship with Lisa Hannigan has run its creative course. As a result Lisa will not be appearing at any of the upcoming live shows. Lisa is embarking on her own artistic endeavours and there are no plans for them to work together in the foreseeable future. The current band on tour at the moment are - Damien Rice, Joel Shearer, Shane Fitzsimons, Tom Osander & Vyvienne Long"

That's REALLY bad...
Old 03-25-2007, 10:22 PM   #376
eamo_rice
meh

Best of luck to Lisa
eamo_rice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 10:23 PM   #377
sophie33
Eskimo Baby

hello !
i'm french fan and i don't understand the discussion in its entirety (sorry for my english )

i read in the forum :

"After much thought and discussion Damien has decided that his professional relationship with Lisa Hannigan has run its creative course. As a result Lisa will not be appearing at any of the upcoming live shows. Lisa is embarking on her own artistic endeavours and there are no plans for them to work together in the foreseeable future. The current band on tour at the moment are - Damien Rice, Joel Shearer, Shane Fitzsimons, Tom Osander & Vyvienne Long."

--> http://www.damienrice.com/news.php
sophie33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 10:25 PM   #378
Rai
Eskimontologist

Damn.

Anyone in for a "Come back Lisa" campaign?

Old 03-25-2007, 10:26 PM   #379
Coelhuu
Eskimo Baby

I'm in, Rai!!!
Old 03-25-2007, 10:28 PM   #380
Rai
Eskimontologist

Great. I'll make some proper banners tomorrow

Here's a quick one

Last edited by Rai; 03-25-2007 at 10:50 PM.
Old 03-25-2007, 10:38 PM   #381
Tommy
Chilly Eskimo

Thats **** but oh well. Note how it states that Damien has decided that the relationship is over and not that its a mutual decision or that Lisa decided to leave to follow a solo career (as i expected). A PR person wouldnt accidently do that so its pretty safe to say in my opinion that it was Damien who asked her to leave.

Hmmph

Thom

Last edited by Tommy; 03-25-2007 at 10:41 PM.
Tommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 10:43 PM   #382
robmcgrail
Lord of Lovely

i never knew there was a bad vibe between them. strange
robmcgrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 10:53 PM   #383
Tommy
Chilly Eskimo

Im not saying that they should still be together, they have to do what they need to do, but ive just listened to 9 crimes and cant believe that Lisa will never sing that with Damien ever again, its just too perfect to be wasted

Last edited by Tommy; 03-25-2007 at 11:00 PM.
Tommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 10:56 PM   #384
Valentino
Eskimo Enthusiast

Post Damn, this sucks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophie33
"After much thought and discussion Damien has decided that his professional relationship with Lisa Hannigan has run its creative course. As a result Lisa will not be appearing at any of the upcoming live shows. Lisa is embarking on her own artistic endeavours and there are no plans for them to work together in the foreseeable future. The current band on tour at the moment are - Damien Rice, Joel Shearer, Shane Fitzsimons, Tom Osander & Vyvienne Long."

Oh sh*t! That just hit me like a ton of bricks. I really wanted to believe that none of this was true this entire time. Man, what a terrible thing . You know, like I've said before, I've never been so emotionally invested in any favorite band of mine such as this but I honestly wish Lisa all the best. What's even more of a trip is that about 2-3 days before this thread was even created, I just started thinking out of nowhere about "What if Damien and Lisa were to go their separate ways? How would he respond to things and how would his music change? More importantly, (and there's no way to say this without coming off as an asshole) but how many more wonderful heart-felt songs are gonna come out of this? Like I said, I wasn't thinking about this from a record-executive point of view, it was just a curiosity of mine.

But you know, having been in several bands myself, the whole break-down of creative chemistry definitely makes a lot of sense. I would rather see them separate and happy while enjoying making passionate, true music as opposed to watching them uncomfortable next to the other on stage. This totally ruins all the proper vibes and can kill any given performance. But you know, I'm just glad we got some resolution to this thread and can finally put it to rest; the anticipation was killing me! Good luck Lisa. And Damien, I'll see you in Oakland bro. Peace.

P.S.- By the way, and this is just an afterthought but if that punk-a$$ Gary Lightbody from snow patrol is in any way connected to this, may he definitley get what he deserves.

And one more thing, we all got what we wanted...an "OFFICIAL STATEMENT" from the band. I hope all the idiots who were talking about Damien and the band not looking after our best interests and trying to hide important things really feel like losers, cuz that's exactly what you are. Way to go and lose faith in the very people who have sacrificied so much just to give you the chance to say you know of something true. There's a thing called being professional, and that's exactly what they've done.

Last edited by Valentino; 03-25-2007 at 11:30 PM.
Valentino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 10:56 PM   #385
drumworkshop
Eskimo Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy
Im not saying that they should still be together, they have to do what they need to do, but ive justed listened to 9 crimes and cant believe that Lisa will never sing that with Damien ever again, its just too perfect to be wasted
I agree, it's a perfect paring.
drumworkshop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 11:09 PM   #386
robmcgrail
Lord of Lovely

i hope they both go on to do great things, but i cant see how this was a happy ending for them. there must have been a pretty big argument for lisa to be leaving mid tour. The fact there creativly thinking different ways wouldnt not have affected much of the current tour, as there doing songs theyve already worked out. so there must have been a falling out big time.
robmcgrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 11:17 PM   #387
srahman24
Dandy little dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valentino
P.S.- By the way, and this is just an afterthought but if that punk-a$$ Gary Lightbody from snow patrol is in any way connected to this, may he definitley get what he deserves.
Haha... that just really made me laugh.

*beat*

Now back to
srahman24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 11:27 PM   #388
walker
The Masked Eskimo

Damiens main site update:

*********APRIL FOOLS!!!! LISA AND DAMIEN REALLY HAD EVERYONE SCARED!!!*************
walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 11:29 PM   #389
Topspin047
tennis pro

heh.
Old 03-25-2007, 11:54 PM   #390
shyatt3
Eskimo Apprentice

Well, I suppose this is a rather bittersweet moment. Best of luck to Lisa, I do believe there are songs that are hard to imagine without her being a part. I especially like the version of Cannonball with her singing. I shall not critique or opine upon the situation further, I'll just look forward to what comes next for them all. I think I'll go listen to that Cannonball recording now.