Home   | About   | Contact  | Lyrics  | Tabs  | Forum

The Igloo

Go Back   The Igloo > Damien Rice > Damien's Gigs

Old 03-25-2007, 06:41 AM   #211
bjmo11
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mario_d
I haven't heard this in the recording... but Say Hello, Wave Goodbye is not a David Gray song. It's a song by Soft Cell that David covered.
speaking of which, how do i get the godamn recording? i was there, i eant to re-live it, help me out someone and tell me how i can get it.
thanks
bjmo11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 05:06 AM   #212
MertWindu
Horrible Timing Eskimo

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjmo11
speaking of which, how do i get the godamn recording? i was there, i eant to re-live it, help me out someone and tell me how i can get it.
thanks

There's about three pages of posts in this thread that are all about the recording, including some on the page you quoted from.
MertWindu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 02:59 PM   #213
budke
Eskimo Baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lophashea
Well he must have been drunk on monday then, because he was awful. As far as incredible drummers goes, he is NOT an incredible drummer. Although I hate Dave Matthews Band, Carter Beauford is an incredible drummer not this guy! Sorry but I have been playing music for 25 years (I am 28) and one thing I know is the musician aspect. I can spot talent but you never know, like I said before maybe he was drunk or he was just off that night. It happens to everyone. I'm not saying I am better than this guy at the drums either. My style is different from his so you could never compare. But he is playing with Damien Rice so he must be doing something right!
Sorry this is a few days old now. But, while also not a fan of DMB now, you should have seen them back in 93-94. Then they were amazing and funky. Now it in general is blah, and the drums don't stand out. Now as someone who has known Tomo for a while and wasn't at that show, I just want to say that Tomo is a more dynamic drummer than Damien's music allows him to be. Everyone has off nights, but Damien's music is basically much less dynamic than what he was/is capable of and I think that impacts opinions of the playing. Throw Trey on a Dude of Life record and I think they all stink (Trey for deciding to record).
budke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 10:55 PM   #214
Moves-My-World
Eskimo Regular

I know it's sort of against the rules to convert whole recordings into seperate mp3s but is there any chance of the Blower's Daughter Death Metal? I would absolutely love to hear the full version!
Moves-My-World is offline   Reply With Quote