Eskimo Baby

this is class parental warning...

what you think of this?

http://www.townsend-records.co.uk/ac...ownsend_Catalo gue_Damien_Rice_1339.html

sikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2004, 04:29 PM   #2
Louise
Eskimo Regular

hilarious...although wanna get f**ked inside out is pretty strong language.
Old 07-13-2004, 04:31 PM   #3
PhoenixDeviance
Eskimo Friend

Ithink the parentals wil agree to buy as long as i dont play it around them.

"And you, liar, teller of tall tales; you trample all the Lord's commandments underfoot, you murder, steal, commit adultery, and afterward beak into tears, beat your breast, take your guitar and turn sin into a song. Shrewd devil, you know very well that God pardons singers no matter what they do, because he can simply die for a song..." - The Last Temptation of Christ
PhoenixDeviance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2004, 04:53 PM   #4
rileyf
Eskimo Regular

i dont see why everyone is making such a big deal of a little
sticker
rileyf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2004, 03:59 AM   #5
SisterMidnight
Jellyfishsting

Oh boy!! Does this take me back!! Anybody remember the PMRC (founded by Tipper Gore, Al's wife) and how they started this whole parental advisory thing? Frank Zappa (one of my personal heroes may he rest in peace) gave the most awesome testimony in these hearings. Here is an excerpt:

Senator EXON. Mr. Chairman, I might help him out just a little bit. I might make a statement. This is one Senator that might be interested in legislation and/or regulation to some extent, recognizing the problems with the right of free expression.

I have previously expressed views that I do not believe I should be telling other people what they have to listen to. I really believe that the suggestion made by the original panel was some kind of an arrangement for voluntarily policing this in the music industry as the correct way to go.

If it will help you out in your testimony, I might join Senator Hollings or others in some kind of legislation and/or regulation, unless the free enterprise system, both the producers and you as the performers, see fit to clean up your act.

Mr. ZAPPA. OK, thank you.

The first thing I would like to do, because I know there is some foreign press involved here and they might not understand what the issue is about, one of the things the issue is about is the First Amendment to the Constitution, and it is short and I would like to read it so they will understand. It says:

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion or prohibiting the free exercise thereof, or abridging the freedom of speech or of the press or the right of the people peaceably to assemble and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

That is for reference.

These are my personal observations and opinions. I speak on behalf of no group or professional organization.

The PMRC proposal is an ill-conceived piece of nonsense which fails to deliver any real benefits to children, infringes the civil liberties of people who are not children, and promises to keep the courts busy for years dealing with the interpretational and enforcemental problems inherent in the proposal's design.

It is my understanding that in law First Amendment issues are decided with a preference for the least restrictive alternative. In this context, the PMRC demands are the equivalent of treating dandruff by decapitation.

Frank was so very cool. [img]smileys/smiley1.gif[/img]
SisterMidnight is offline   Reply With Quote