Home   | About   | Contact  | Lyrics  | Tabs  | Forum

The Igloo

Go Back   The Igloo > Damien Rice > Musician Stuff

Old 07-25-2007, 08:52 PM   #1
nassau
Nassau

Default Drum Samples

hey im looking for a program of some sort that has a lot of drum samples or some type of program for my computer that i can use to put a beat to my music i record.....does anyone have any suggestions?

thank you
nassau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 05:21 AM   #2
mark.
Eskimo Friend

i have a program called 'Hydrogen' ...not entirely sure where i found it but it was a free download and is pretty handy for drum programming...
mark. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 05:27 AM   #3
iamrandom
Eskimo Baby

Well, for music editing I use SONAR.....it's expensive, but I managed to get a copy from a friend. There are a lot of different programs out there on the market, many for free or with free trials (try searching download.com). From what I remember, this program called Multitrack Studio was fairly simple too use but also was fully capable of adding effects and editing the tracks. It also was pretty cheap (I wanna say 30 or 40 bucks, but the trial was free).

As for drum loops, look for a CD of ACID loops, that's what I use. Basically they are well made beats that loop perfectly and can have their tempo changed without drastically affecting the sound.
iamrandom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 06:06 PM   #4
moritz
Eskimo Baby

use REASON!!!

the best prog you can use!!
you have a million of drumsamples: base, snare, hihat, toms, cymbals, everything...
its expensive, but its worth the money!!!
listen to the flames - vein of stars, the beginning of the track is pure reason sounds! amazing program!!!

www.propellerheads.se
moritz is offline   Reply With Quote