Home   | About   | Contact  | Lyrics  | Tabs  | Forum

The Igloo

Go Back   The Igloo > Damien Rice > Damien Rice

Old 02-20-2011, 09:00 PM   #31
Chrysler
Eskimo Regular

yes, very much. can i pay via paypal? did you buy yourself a copy yet? if not id be happy to pay yours.

seems to be more like a 2 mins song?
http://www.ninecrimes.it/lyrics.asp?ID=93#Inizio

Last edited by Chrysler; 02-20-2011 at 09:03 PM.
Chrysler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 09:15 PM   #32
eva_arg
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by verenita View Post
no problem... we need a deadline regarding the online selling answer, don´t you think? then, if we don´t have any news i´ll buy the cd for you each and send it by mail, ok? we can make a list similar to the trading threads.
so far:
glo
marti
eskimo_prague
quiquemartin
rachlanee (?, i´m not sure, i´t fine by me, really)
lin@ (idem rach case)
shar
stevefox
chrysler (do you want it?)

marti and glo suggested that i can send all the cd for southern europe to marti and then he will send to everyone. i´m not sure if i can do that actually, cause if the people at customs open the parcel, they might thought the cd are for selling... i don´t know really. we´ll see. there´s always a way, right?
so, until will we wait?
vere, I can help you with that if you need to. let me know. you know where to find me
eva_arg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 10:16 PM   #33
Lin@
Eskimo Regular

Vere, I think I can wait until they figure out a way to release the album internationally, so you can remove my name from the list for the time being. But thanks soooo much for the offer!
Old 02-21-2011, 12:03 AM   #34
verenita
... trusty and true ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrysler View Post
yes, very much. can i pay via paypal? did you buy yourself a copy yet? if not id be happy to pay yours.

seems to be more like a 2 mins song?
http://www.ninecrimes.it/lyrics.asp?ID=93#Inizio
oh, i have the cd, by the way... i´m quite *intense* (a good euphemism for freak, hehe) sometimes and i went to buy the cd right the way... but thank you so much

well, it´s 4:12 long but piano version for the same lyrics is 2:46. it´s a sweet lullaby to me. i listened to the song on my mp3 players (with headphones, of course) this noon and i could imagine damien sitting in front of his little baby singing this song. it was a lovely picture, he... but, what i mean is that this simple song (cause it is simple) has a good and nice effect.

thanks eva , talk you when we find out more, ok?

and lina... ok, thanks for your reply and you know what i´d do if you changed your mind.

here´s more info about the cd project (from the news-sheet):
Quote:
The objective of this project is that the kids find in music a place for expression and production.
All lyrics on this CD were written by children of 7-21 years. We worked with over 150 kids so that from each workshop (theater, music, visual arts and visual arts) the kids write, text, songs, ideas, stories related to dreams, to which they ever sang, to what they would like to sing to their children.
To the musicians who participated in this project we suggested that, with these letters compose and perform a song thinking about how they sing the lyrics to their children. Something simple, small, a lullaby.
The result is the creation of a CD, which will be sold to benefit the Association.
Old 02-21-2011, 08:39 AM   #35
Amie R.
Eskimo Regular

I want the album too;-)
Old 02-24-2011, 04:50 AM   #36
verenita
... trusty and true ...

ok, guys. the producer emailed me again, but sadly he said nothing new has happened... so, i think we should have to wait... who knows how long. i replied to him and i suggested him a possible way... but i think it´s not that easy.

so, i created a paypal account the other way. as soon as they approve it, i´ll let you know, so i can buy and send you the cd´s, ok?

i forgto to mention that there is an interview to the producer and the interviewer wrote the colaboration of... (several well-known argentinian singer-songwriters) and the "english man" damien rice... ok, mr. journalist, you should check the info, shouldn´t you?

Last edited by verenita; 02-24-2011 at 05:02 AM.
verenita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 05:15 AM   #37
faninor
Eskimo Friend

Hi Verenita,

How much does this album cost (and what currency)? I might want a copy if it's not too much. Also can you tell me how much shipping the CD to the USA would cost?

I have an idea that might save some money. If there are multiple people in the same country who want to buy a copy perhaps we can designate one person in that country as a distribution point. For example, if 5 people in the UK and 5 people in the USA want a copy, you could send 5 copies to 1 person in the UK and 5 copies to 1 person in the USA, and then those people send the other 4 copies to the other people in their country.

I know mailing a CD within the US only costs $1.50 USD give or take a little bit, but mailing each CD separately from Argentina to USA will cost much more. Since CDs don't weigh much, mailing several copies together in one package to the USA would only cost a little bit more than mailing a single copy.

EDIT:

I see some other folks have suggested the same idea. I'm not sure where you all are located, but if you need someone within the USA, and if the cost isn't going to be too high, I can probably help.

Quote:
ok, guys. the producer emailed me again, but sadly he said nothing new has happened... so, i think we should have to wait... who knows how long. i replied to him and i suggested him a possible way... but i think it´s not that easy.

so, i created a paypal account the other way. as soon as they approve it, i´ll let you know, so i can buy and send you the cd´s, ok?

i forgto to mention that there is an interview to the producer and the interviewer wrote the colaboration of... (several well-known argentinian singer-songwriters) and the "english man" damien rice... ok, mr. journalist, you should check the info, shouldn´t you?

Last edited by faninor; 02-25-2011 at 05:20 AM.
faninor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 12:26 PM   #38
MANGO
Eskimo Regular

owww I really want one
MANGO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 10:19 AM   #39
glo32
Eskimo Regular

Next week the producer will set up a paypal address where people from all around the world can pay for the cd

In the meantime he told me to ask you guys how many cd's you want, and please send me your addresses via pm so I'll pass them onto him (so he can ask for shipping costs info)...
glo32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 04:27 PM   #40
verenita
... trusty and true ...

so cool! this guys is very very kind. i hope he can make it soon.
Old 03-10-2011, 02:47 AM   #41
tlh235
Eskimo Friend

any new info on how we can get a copy of this song over in the USA?
tlh235 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 04:28 AM   #42
verenita
... trusty and true ...

as far as i know, i think (and i hope) you will have some news soon. otherwise, i will send them. i know the producer is taking care of the issue, but i also know it´s not that simple. keep your fingers crossed
Old 03-19-2011, 01:03 PM   #43
glo32
Eskimo Regular

If anyone outside Argentina wants to buy the cd, please contact the producer at the following address, so he can give you details on the shipping fee and you can send him money through paypal
Nicolas Pauls: cotzinero@gmail.com
Old 03-19-2011, 11:26 PM   #44
Cali
Vegetable Eskimo

i should be ordering this on monday, yippee.
vere: you're so nice and it's fantastic to see how much your english has improved. i mean, it's really good!
Cali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 05:00 PM   #45
verenita
... trusty and true ...

hey, cali... thank you so much that's very nice of you, you are so sweet.
the truth is that all of you have been my teachers since i joined the igloo... so, here´s another thing to be grateful and to thank you.

i have to improve my spoken english, so im thinking of taking classes properly. i´ve never studied that way, i get bored so easily.

anyway (i should have posted this on random stuff thread, hehe)... i´ll pm you or email you... it depends on your inbox hehe.

so, glo... nico won´t send you the copies for european eskimos in the end?

EDIT: cali, sent you both pm and email, just in case

Last edited by verenita; 03-20-2011 at 05:45 PM.
verenita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 07:13 PM   #46
glo32
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
so, glo... nico won´t send you the copies for european eskimos in the end?
i received only two addresses, I think we should wait until someone else joins, so we can all save on shipping... what do you say?
Old 03-20-2011, 08:14 PM   #47
verenita
... trusty and true ...

well... the truth is we don´t know if anyone else will join, do we? so, i´d say i can take care of this. i have a paypal account already, and i don´t mind, really. i think this is taking too long.

but i understand what you said about saving on shipping, but how long should we wait? i don´t know... where are the EF who said that wanted a copy? what do you think, guys? try to let us know as soon as possible so we can make a good deal
Old 03-22-2011, 01:54 AM   #48
eskimo_prague
Eskimo Regular

I sent my address to Vere (who forwarded it to glo I believe), but I haven't heard anything back. I'm not in Europe though.
eskimo_prague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 02:10 AM   #49
verenita
... trusty and true ...

i did send your adress to glo and i told her where you are from. we think we could wait a little more in case any other eskimo wants to order a copy to save on shipping, fi it´s ok with you. but don´t worry, cause you´ll get your copy in the end
Old 04-03-2011, 11:03 PM   #50
eskimo_prague
Eskimo Regular

Thanks so much! I look forward to it very much! =)
Old 04-09-2011, 04:40 AM   #51
tlh235
Eskimo Friend

Finally got a copy of the song...it's good. It will tide me over for a couple weeks then i'll be jones again for something new.

p.s...You shouldn't be here....we need a studio version please!!!!
tlh235 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 06:57 AM   #52
eskimo_prague
Eskimo Regular

Vere! Apenas vi tu mensaje =(, espero no sea demasiado tarde =(
Old 04-28-2011, 03:47 PM   #53
borneoman
Insane Eskimo

the song is at youtube now in case some haven't heard it yet...

Old 06-10-2011, 03:24 PM   #54
verenita
... trusty and true ...

i haven´t heard from the producer in a while (i know he is doing a play), but he sent me the video of the first single:

it´s in spanish... but it is sweet, imho

i was looking for some copies, but i think the cd is sold out. i asked to nicolas where i could find it, but he didn´t reply. anyone who wanted the album could buy it in the end?
Old 06-11-2011, 08:04 PM   #55
Spamlet
Resident Contrarian

Thanks, Born

Had I heard this song on it's own I'd have said it was terribly sweet and charming. However, the accompaniment of that awful pic of Damo looking like a cross between The Dramatic Gopher and a child molester turned it to really creepy.
Old 06-14-2011, 02:06 PM   #56
borneoman
Insane Eskimo

^listen, don't watch
Old 11-30-2015, 10:50 AM   #57
verenita
... trusty and true ...

i just came across this interview. nicolas pauls (producer of canciones de cuna back in 2010). this part refers to damien (on how much people got involved in the project):

Quote:
Damien Rice, por ejemplo, cuando vino a Buenos Aires hace poco, me pidió conocer a la autora de la letra de su canción.
"Damien Rice, for instance, asked me if he could meet the author of the lyrics for song he sings on the record." All lyrics were written as poems first and then given to musician who add the music and made a song.
Old 11-30-2015, 11:00 AM   #58
eva_arg
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
i just came across this interview. nicolas pauls (producer of canciones de cuna back in 2010). this part refers to damien (on how much people got involved in the project):

"Damien Rice, for instance, asked me if he could meet the author of the lyrics for song he sings on the record." All lyrics were written as poems first and then given to musician who add the music and made a song.
I completely forgot Nicolas Pauls was involved in this. He was at Damien's show in BA last month. We saw him leaving the venue
Old 11-30-2015, 11:16 AM   #59
verenita
... trusty and true ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by eva_arg View Post
I completely forgot Nicolas Pauls was involved in this. He was at Damien's show in BA last month. We saw him leaving the venue
he is very good friend with mia maestro, hence the connection
Old 01-10-2017, 01:56 PM   #60
Claude
Eskimo Regular

Just a link for this project,
on the official website:
http://damienrice.com/canciones-de-cuna/
Claude is offline   Reply With Quote