LaurenM
Eskimo Regular

haha sorry i was just daydreaming...

http://thatgirlwiththefreckles.blogspot.com/
LaurenM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 02:07 AM   #62
Rue Saint-Denis
Eskimo Ghost

How much do you think it would cost to book him for one night? Maybe we could all contribute.
Rue Saint-Denis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 02:32 AM   #63
LaurenM
Eskimo Regular

wow that's a really good idea! even if we each put in a couple dollars a month or something, in a year or so we may have enough

Old 06-04-2007, 02:33 AM   #64
jimski123
brand spankin new

Glittergirl.........let me ask you a question......If you are one who respects damiens wishes to be "normal".....do you think he would approve of this forum???? I respected his wishes in that he did not want to be asked for an autograph(which in my opinion is a silly thing to ask for anyways) and he did not want to be asked to pose for pictures. I took my pictures to remember this moment for myself...i didnt ask him to pose with me.....and you have to realize that he understands people taking photos in a situation like this....If he were in our situation and had the chance to spend a few hours with someone he admires musically....as i do him....he would do the same.
jimski123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 02:48 AM   #65
LaurenM
Eskimo Regular

jimski youre a saint. dont listen to glitter girl. i mean seriously. listening to someone named glitter girl in the first place is somewhat of an unwise idea

Old 06-04-2007, 02:49 AM   #66
Rue Saint-Denis
Eskimo Ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurenBledsoe
wow that's a really good idea! even if we each put in a couple dollars a month or something, in a year or so we may have enough
What about the location and time?
Old 06-04-2007, 02:51 AM   #67
dboyd
Penguins and Whales

luckiest man alive!

i wish i was u :P
dboyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 02:54 AM   #68
LaurenM
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rue Saint-Denis
What about the location and time?
thats where it gets a bit tricky. my house will do though. i'd make the sacrifice

seriously though... i dunno maybe a live stream! so everyone can go online at one time and watch and interact live

Old 06-04-2007, 03:02 AM   #69
Rue Saint-Denis
Eskimo Ghost

Quote:
thats where it gets a bit tricky. my house will do though. i'd make the sacrifice

seriously though... i dunno maybe a live stream! so everyone can go online at one time and watch and interact live
Maybe next year, June or July, when everyone is out of school. We could check where Damo has the most fans and those who have to fly can pay less for the show. We could have a minimum contribution depending on location. And streaming is a good idea.
Old 06-04-2007, 03:11 AM   #70
LaurenM
Eskimo Regular

yeah, that's a good idea. i don't think a live show would really work out, to be honest. the only feasible option, i feel like, is a love stream. that would be so fantastic though. we could even submit questions that are differents from the typical questions that his core group of fans really want to know.

Old 06-04-2007, 03:16 AM   #71
borneoman
Insane Eskimo

Lauren,
a love stream or a live stream ????
borneoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 03:18 AM   #72
Rue Saint-Denis
Eskimo Ghost

That's good, how would we make that happen? I think we would still have to pay.
Old 06-04-2007, 03:58 AM
LaurenM
This message has been deleted by LaurenBledsoe.
Old 06-04-2007, 03:59 AM
LaurenM
This message has been deleted by LaurenBledsoe.
Old 06-04-2007, 04:27 AM   #73
LaurenM
Eskimo Regular

I think we should contact Damien's management and test the waters. You know, see what an appropriate amount would be if he would even consider it. Then we should, from that, depending on how many people want to be apart of it, figure out some minimum contribution amount, so that everyone, no matter what their monetary situation is, can be apart of it. Then we should have a goal, and just wait until we reach the goal. It may take a year, who knows, but what an opportunity!

Old 06-04-2007, 04:35 AM   #74
Valentino
Eskimo Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rue Saint-Denis
Maybe next year, June or July, when everyone is out of school. We could check where Damo has the most fans and those who have to fly can pay less for the show. We could have a minimum contribution depending on location. And streaming is a good idea.
You know, I think we may be on to something here. What may seem like an arbitrary idea to some can very easily come to fruition. On that note, I would rather see my money go to a live show. The live stream idea seems nice but if we're gonna do this let's do it BIG! There have been many moments in past interviews in which Damien talks about the intimacy of smaller venues and I can only imagine how much he longs for such an opportunity. Hey Borneo...remember at the Oakland show when that lady who kept talking to Damien most of the time asked him if there are any venues he just doesn't like? Do you happen to remember his answer? I'm thinking we could take some pictures or videos of local venues such as the Paramount chain and see which one has the most to offer. Even some smaller clubs will do the trick. Think about it...the smaller the venue, the closer we are to genius, the easier it is to focus our cash on plane tickets/gas/hot-air-baloons/bus etc. and the longer we enjoy Damien's time.

Quote:
yeah, that's a good idea. i don't think a live show would really work out, to be honest. the only feasible option, i feel like, is a love stream. that would be so fantastic though. we could even submit questions that are differents from the typical questions that his core group of fans really want to know.
Great idea about the love stream, but won't that cost extra? I've never paid for sex and don't intend to. But if there happens to be a strong attraction I'm sure we can figure something out...

Quote:
this is lauren's big sister. if you see her posting here again please email me so i can kick her in the stomache.

ashleyeb@gmail.com
Is that you in her avatar? And on what part of the body can I find a stomache? But seriously guys, let's really consider this private-live-show option. Who knows...the man just might say yes.

Last edited by Valentino; 06-04-2007 at 04:39 AM.
Valentino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 04:52 AM   #75
LaurenM
Eskimo Regular

hahaha valentino you're hilarious. apparently that is the british spelling of stomach, and no, she is not the sister in my avatar. the problem with the small venue thing is that some people simply cannot afford to fly somewhere/get the time off work. it just is not that fathomable. i think the live stream would be great because we could submit questions only the core group of fans care about, and ask questions that havent been answered before. if all goes well, it may turn into a love stream by the end of the night

Old 06-04-2007, 04:53 AM   #76
Rue Saint-Denis
Eskimo Ghost

We've gone on a very ambitious tangent, sorry jimski for getting off topic. Does anyone want to start a new thread concerning our project, I'm too shy to.

Val, what about the European eskimos?
Old 06-04-2007, 04:56 AM   #77
Rue Saint-Denis
Eskimo Ghost

Quote:
hahaha valentino you're hilarious. apparently that is the british spelling of stomach, and no, she is not the sister in my avatar. the problem with the small venue thing is that some people simply cannot afford to fly somewhere/get the time off work. it just is not that fathomable. i think the live stream would be great because we could submit questions only the core group of fans care about, and ask questions that havent been answered before. if all goes well, it may turn into a love stream by the end of the night

Also, we can vote on the songs we want to hear. That would be the perfect opportunity to ask for the rare ones and some new ones!
Old 06-04-2007, 06:56 AM   #78
Topspin047
tennis pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valentino
Anyone else see the girl with the cellphone on the left of Damien? This is absolutely ridiculous...Here you are in the luckiest position ever and all you can think about is texting??? And perhaps she was recording it or something but come on, why bring technology into such a beautiful moment? Oh and the look on her face gives it all away, "Ugh, when will this guy be done? Becky only said that'd it'd be a few minutes. She's always ruining things for me, give me another beer!" Oh well, I am appreciative to the man who captured the above recordings but this it totally different. She was probably one of those chatty girls we read about in the review.

All in all, I must say that I am extremely jealous of you but it's all good. I can't believe you were able to drive home safely after experiencing such a great high!

haha I totally agree. If i were that close to damo, I wouldn't be able to take my eyes off of him, i don't care who's texting me. idiots.
Old 06-04-2007, 12:20 PM   #79
Tommy
Chilly Eskimo

Those clips make me cry with jealously and joy
Tommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 02:25 PM   #80
GlttrGrrl
Eskimo Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimski123
Glittergirl.........let me ask you a question......If you are one who respects damiens wishes to be "normal".....do you think he would approve of this forum???? I respected his wishes in that he did not want to be asked for an autograph(which in my opinion is a silly thing to ask for anyways) and he did not want to be asked to pose for pictures. I took my pictures to remember this moment for myself...i didnt ask him to pose with me.....and you have to realize that he understands people taking photos in a situation like this....If he were in our situation and had the chance to spend a few hours with someone he admires musically....as i do him....he would do the same.
Listen Jimski, you're not going to find me talking about Damien's personal life on this forum, just the music, the touring and things related to that. I was just voicing an opinion about the irony of it all. I'm not judging you by any means. I've taken my fair share of pictures with artists that I admire, and I've even taken pictures of and with Damien. But I don't take pictures where the artist expresses a disdain for it or an express request to not take pictures. We've all heard stories about how Damien doesn't even want people taking pictures when he's on stage and wishes people would just put the cameras down and watch the show. I'm sure he knows it happens, but I'm also pretty sure he doesn't like it.

Again, not judging you, just noting how it conflicts with Damien's general wishes. Those are not my personal wishes. Damien's stance on the photos business has really challenged me to really take in the music and the moments that we get to share with him without resorting to a recording of it in a photo or a video. Note that I said it's challenged me.
Old 06-05-2007, 10:24 PM   #81
tremorsinmytree
Eskimo Friend

Wow Jimski, great vids form an extraodinary event.

thanks
tremorsinmytree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 05:21 PM   #82
verenita
... trusty and true ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimski123
So we are sitting by the bus with about 40 others when all the sudden a guy opens the door and says "you people are lucky come on in". Being that this is the official last show of the US tour....damo decided he wanted to have an after party. So they take us to this room and the guy says "drinks and music will be here shortly". hahahah i still cant believe this.... We are sitting around when the tunes crank up.... and the beer comes in....free beer that is...haha. Then out comes damo with glass of wine or whatever concoction of a drink it was that tomo had made for them(he explained to me how to make it but i dont remember) Tomo was great...very kind person.....he misses his 4 month old. Hes allite upset that hes been away most of his childs life so far but was excited to get home for two weeks to spend time with his family. A few minutes later Bottles of whiskey were being passed around...tomo said that this is all the liquor and beer that was left in the tour buses. So at this point im beyond the happiest person in the world obviously...because now i get to talk to damien....which we spoke for about 5 mins.....about bonnaroo, about how me and my wife met.....about beer...haha....anyways about an hour later...the crowd is about down to 20....and damien busted out the guitar and played a short set for us lucky folks. He played amie, cold water, and a cover of "hallelujah" jeff buckley styel(which i have vid clips of). Im pretty drunk right now cause i just got home so sorry if this isnt very coherent. But i will explain more later. Gnight everyone its way too late so I will post the pics and videos tommorow...i have it all on tape dont worry.

man, that´s awesome!... tahnks so mcuh for sharing your blessing, the review, pictures, your joy... everything!... i´m happy for you...
Old 06-12-2007, 11:51 AM
jimski123
This message has been deleted by jimski123.