Home   | About   | Contact  | Lyrics  | Tabs  | Forum

The Igloo

Go Back   The Igloo > Damien Rice > Damien Rice

Old 11-13-2005, 03:11 AM   #1
Ranting Thespian
Eskimo Regular

Default Happy X-mas (War Is Over)

Someone sent me a copy of Damien Covering the famous John & Yoko song
Happy X-mas (War Is Over), it's only a 2:30 second cover though. It sounds studio quality, and I havn't found it mentioned anywhere. Can someone tell where it's from, and if you guys don't already have it I would like to give it to someone to pass onto others.
Ranting Thespian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2005, 01:07 PM   #2
Bumpman

http://www.irishmusiccentral.com/dam...pilations.html

It's not a bad cover really, not a bad album either, it doesn't exactly make it to regular rotation for me, still though... i bought it out of pure completism. Hear that... BOUGHT IT.

It's not a great idea to tell people that you plan on giving away a song if it can be bought. If you look at the cd closely you'll find the words:

"All proceeds go to The Multi Sensory Project and other childrens charities."

My point being that no-one feels bad about cheating the billionaires at Universal or Time Warner out of money... but cheating orphanages and kids hospitals out of money is a whole other kettle of ball games. Do the right thing, spend the €8.
Old 11-13-2005, 10:30 PM   #3
Cali
Vegetable Eskimo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumpman
It's not a great idea to tell people that you plan on giving away a song if it can be bought. If you look at the cd closely you'll find the words:

My point being that no-one feels bad about cheating the billionaires at Universal or Time Warner out of money... but cheating orphanages and kids hospitals out of money is a whole other kettle of ball games. Do the right thing, spend the €8.
oh my, i had no idea . i have the mp3 and now i feel really bad. it's like i've taken money from poor children
Cali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2005, 11:29 PM   #4
Bumpman

You crippled and blinded little Timmy, you and nobody else. Since you downloaded that mp3 i have it on good authority that little Timmy has become even blinder, he's now so crippled that he's in a knot. He has to be rolled everywhere in his knotlike form, stairs are a nightmare.

You could always lift your guilt by ordering the cd though.
Old 11-14-2005, 12:54 AM   #5
Ranting Thespian
Eskimo Regular

Please don't get down on me . I didn't download this off of kazaa or anything, a friend just sent it to me, and she got it from another friend. Neither one of us knew where it came from. I didn't think it was released or anything. I didn't know it was on an album or something. I would have bought it, but I never even knew of such of an album it was available, anywhere. Please, I don't know much about damien's work outside of "O". I said before, I don't download anything unless it is in one of these catagories:

1- It's a single (you can get it off the radio, which is legal)
2- I own it or did own it (on cd, tape, or vinyl)
3- You can't get it anywhere else
4- It's a live bootleg that the artist allows to be traded freely
5- Or I bought it online legaly

Please, I wouldn't have done it if I knew it was officialy released . I also didn't think it was released, so I wanted to share it if it wasn't . Please guys, don't ban me from the boards .
Old 11-14-2005, 02:45 AM   #6
SisterMidnight
Jellyfishsting

hey don't worry you're not going to get banned... jeez everybody and their mother was trading that track like wildfire last xmas, we had a whole email chain trade thing going on... but trading policies have changed since then...

and sean is kidding (he has a dry sense of humor sometimes ) though he does make a valid point on the tracks meant for charity...
SisterMidnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2005, 03:38 AM   #7
Ranting Thespian
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterMidnight
hey don't worry you're not going to get banned... jeez everybody and their mother was trading that track like wildfire last xmas, we had a whole email chain trade thing going on... but trading policies have changed since then
phew, I was scared for a minute
Old 11-14-2005, 04:17 AM   #8
gomezxico
2day is 1day away from...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumpman

i don't have the song nor have i ever heard it but when you consider the facts, in many cases, all the proceeds go to the charaties, hospitals, and what have you, but not all is directly channeled in to the charity, hospital, etc. if i had the money to pay for it, I would but i don't...so i'll just wait till i do have the money (for tinny tim's sake ), I'm not desperate.

"Argh! Why isn't this working?! Come on, Eskimo Friends, what's wrong with you?!...........Oh, I'm not logged in. "
gomezxico is offline   Reply With Quote