Home   | About   | Contact  | Lyrics  | Tabs  | Forum

The Igloo

Go Back   The Igloo > Damien Rice > Damien Rice

Old 07-24-2006, 09:40 AM   #91
Timeé
Intello

Quote:
Originally Posted by theboxer
... I was lucky enough to get floor table seats !
I noticed you used the plural "seats". Are you using these/this other ticket??

I want one
A couple of bucks from you?
Timeé is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 11:39 AM   #92
#Ian#
Destroyer of worlds

Floor table seats? What floor table seats? It was ground floor standing when I booked mine and that's what I meant to get.

What day are you going? In the past they've done one day with the seats in and one day with them out.
Old 07-24-2006, 11:46 AM   #93
#Ian#
Destroyer of worlds

Just checked ticketmaster. It says that it's ground floor standing.
Old 07-24-2006, 01:10 PM   #94
Bumpman

Quote:
Another note... I was lucky enough to get floor table seats - I checked my ticket progress today and I have allocated seat numbers - does this confirm that it will be seated in front of the stage?
You have allocated seat numbers because you're sitting on the right, left or part of the centre) of the second floor, Or against the back, left or right wall on the ground floor. Those areas remain as seated areas even at standing shows. There's absolutely no possibitity that 1. you're at a table or 2. you're sitting anywhere except as far from the stage as possible. The good news is that if you're on the ground floor and your seats are bad you can just not go near them, and walk up to the stage instead.

Whether you actually want to do that is up to you, I usually find that people over 30 start complaining about their back at standing shows. The main point is that if you want to be close to the stage there won't be anyone there to stop you. I wouldn't worry about bringing a camera, just that they tend to notice something like a telescopic lens, so you might want to stick with a macro lens.
Old 07-24-2006, 01:51 PM   #95
rosey
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumpman
I usually find that people over 30 start complaining about their back at standing shows.
Oh my, do you think I should have gone for seats? Maybe they'll let me in with my zimmer? -at least then I'll have something to lean on.

btw, I might have a spare ticket for the 30th - I should know by the end of the week, if anyone is interested?
rosey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 11:16 PM   #96
theboxer
Eskimo Friend

I'm takin' my ma for a birthday gift - so sorry Timeé, the other ticket is reserved. I have print screened the allocation I have been given - so does anyone know if it is to be seated for certain as it clearly states the seat numbers I have been allocated in front of the stage:

theboxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 11:57 PM   #97
Dean C
Eskimo Regular

That's odd, I ordered standing tickets, so where do we stand :/
Dean C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 12:01 AM   #98
Timeé
Intello

Quote:
I'm takin' my ma for a birthday gift - so sorry Timeé, the other ticket is reserved.
do you like your ma? i can have her taken care of
A couple of bucks from you?
Timeé is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 12:52 AM   #99
Bumpman

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosey
Oh my, do you think I should have gone for seats? Maybe they'll let me in with my zimmer? -at least then I'll have something to lean on.
No offence intended, I just refuse to engage in political correctness on any level.
Old 07-25-2006, 03:09 AM   #100
tywy
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
I'm takin' my ma for a birthday gift - so sorry Timeé, the other ticket is reserved. I have print screened the allocation I have been given - so does anyone know if it is to be seated for certain as it clearly states the seat numbers I have been allocated in front of the stage:

What? How does that work? Where are the standing tickets for then? Did you get your tickets in the post already or did you buy them at a ticketmaster outlet? I'm so curious as to what my tickets are now....
tywy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 10:34 AM
#Ian#
This message has been deleted by #Ian#.
Old 07-25-2006, 10:40 AM   #101
#Ian#
Destroyer of worlds

Quote:

There is a glitch in the ticketmaster system for Vicar Street that even when you're going to a standing gig it assigns you a seat number. I bought 3 standing tickets and was assigned "seats" 1-3. For gigs where the tables are in you're assigned both a table number and a seat number (and the seat number winds up being irrelevant as the tables don't have seat numbers on them, you just sit at one of the 4 stools around it.) If you were assigned a table number and are going on the Tuesday I'll start worrying about where I'm going to stand.

Last edited by #Ian#; 07-25-2006 at 10:43 AM.
#Ian# is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 02:27 PM   #102
theboxer
Eskimo Friend

Had to laugh at your comment Timeé... I'll tell me ma to wear her bullet proof vest for the gig, unless she pisses me off before then and I'll paint a target on her back.

Regarding the seating/standing situation - either way I'm sure it'll be a brilliant night.
theboxer is offline   Reply With Quote