Home   | About   | Contact  | Lyrics  | Tabs  | Forum

The Igloo

Go Back   The Igloo > Other Music > Other Music

Old 02-08-2004, 09:16 AM   #1
#Ian#
Destroyer of worlds

In TBMC were incredible, even better then Damien was on Tuesday, one of the best gigs I've ever gone to. Anyone else there?

Although I may be coughing up hairballs for a week after getting a few mouthfulls when Jim James was headbanging at the front of the stage. He nearly clocked me with the head of his guitar as well.
Old 07-09-2006, 08:29 PM   #2
juliaann
Eskimo Friend

I know this is a very old post, but I searched for My morning jacket here and yea very little came up.
I hope you still like them Ian?
I am so in love with them. They are amazing, and Jim just pours out every bit of his soul in his performance. I think Damien fans would dig them for sure.
juliaann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 08:57 PM   #3
cille
creepycute

oky, will check them out. you've certainly been diggin deep here julia!
Old 07-09-2006, 10:20 PM   #4
juliaann
Eskimo Friend

please do Cille. Here to help you out check out this letterman performance from june.
Let me know what you think. its their war protest song of sorts. very cool
my morning jacket

"masterplan" my favorite... plus two other just beautiful live performances on rollingstone.com
rollingstone

Last edited by juliaann; 07-09-2006 at 11:27 PM.
Old 07-09-2006, 10:51 PM   #5
dramaking
King of Pain

they are really cool. i've downloaded the austin city limits show of death cab for cutie. the second band was my morning jacket. i really liked it.
Old 07-09-2006, 11:03 PM   #6
juliaann
Eskimo Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by dramaking
they are really cool. i've downloaded the austin city limits show of death cab for cutie. the second band was my morning jacket. i really liked it.

YAY! I agree very cool indeed! Whats cooler than a rock band from Kentucky
Old 07-12-2006, 09:23 PM   #7
dramaking
King of Pain

i think i've seen the bright eyes show with the singer of my morning jacket too. as i remember it was pretty nice too
Old 07-14-2006, 04:24 AM   #8
julia
Eskimo Yogi..

I love Bright eyes. That would be so good with them together..
Cille you promised you would report back? You like ? You no Like? Please let me know.
I got my original name back.. YAY! I'm Julia again!!

"There's something magical about music and the simple fact that it's a vibration of air. It's sort of magical if you vibrate the air in a certain way, people are pleased by it." Damien Rice
julia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 04:32 AM   #9
SisterMidnight
Jellyfishsting

yay julia! so glad you got your name back (though i see cille also figured out it was you) but i have to say you're really messing with my head because you're logged in under both names

i heard my morning jacket when my daughters boyfriend played the cd for me coming back from taking her to catch a flight a few months ago.. they reminded me a lot of neil young so i liked them..
SisterMidnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 04:36 AM   #10
julia
Eskimo Yogi..

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterMidnight
yay julia! so glad you got your name back (though i see cille also figured out it was you) but i have to say you're really messing with my head because you're logged in under both names

i heard my morning jacket when my daughters boyfriend played the cd for me coming back from taking her to catch a flight a few months ago.. they reminded me a lot of neil young so i liked them..

Hi my sista.. Yea I just figured out how to get the original me back. I'm so excited.. So you like them? Listen to the letterman link I have of their performance of Gideon with the boston pops they did last month its so cool..
cheers melissa.

"There's something magical about music and the simple fact that it's a vibration of air. It's sort of magical if you vibrate the air in a certain way, people are pleased by it." Damien Rice
julia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 04:43 AM   #11
SisterMidnight
Jellyfishsting

Quote:
Originally Posted by julia
Hi my sista.. Yea I just figured out how to get the original me back. I'm so excited.. So you like them? Listen to the letterman link I have of their performance of Gideon with the boston pops they did last month its so cool..
cheers melissa.
cheers to you too darlin'

okay i'm watching it right now.. wow maybe i was thinking of another band.. either that or they sound really different with a full string section behind them! i like this song..
SisterMidnight is offline   Reply With Quote