Home   | About   | Contact  | Lyrics  | Tabs  | Forum

The Igloo

Go Back   The Igloo > Damien Rice > Musician Stuff

Old 12-09-2008, 12:50 AM   #1
Agonofinis
Eskimo Baby

Default So, I'm going into the studio in January...

...to finally record a sodding EP with good old Nine (or Hollie, or however you crazy cats know her). Probably be a few songs of my own, but I gotta pick some. It's going to be called "Tin Pigeon EP".
I just wondered if anyone who had recorded professionally before could give me some tips, either on studio atmosphere, a bit of sound engineering knowledge (my own is servicable at best), or just what to expect.
Ta!
Rob Sherman
Agonofinis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 12:59 AM   #2
verenita
... trusty and true ...

best of luck with it
Old 12-14-2008, 05:53 AM   #3
srahman24
Dandy little dreamer

If you or Hollie want some advice, I'd love to get you in touch with my uncle. I sent him an e-mail saying I had some friends who were going into the studio, wondering if he had any advice and he'd be okay with me passing along his number

He's a sound engineer with NPR - he used to tour/record with Beck, he's recorded with No Doubt and The Cardigans (and others I can't remember) and now plays/records with The String Theory. He's a fantastic engineer (before the NPR thing he worked at KCRW, and before that in radio back in the Middle East) with plenty of experience in a recording studio.

Ha. I feel like I'm referring him for a job or something Anyhow, he's an expert! If you want to give him a call just PM/e-mail/facebook me and I'll pass along his number or e-mail or something
srahman24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 11:45 PM   #4
Agonofinis
Eskimo Baby

thanks very much!
That sounds rather amazing, and a little too much for little old me! I have an exam this week, but after that I think we are sitting down and thinking about it properly.
We'll let you know though, and thanks a bunch!
R
Agonofinis is offline   Reply With Quote