Home   | About   | Contact  | Lyrics  | Tabs  | Forum

The Igloo

Go Back   The Igloo > Damien Rice > Damien Rice

Old 08-26-2006, 07:42 PM   #1
ru_benr
Eskimo

Default BBC Sessions

Has anyone tried to convert the "BBC" Show into MP3's...Damien Live At The Four Seasons?....Or perhaps can anyone try to convert the show into MP3's?
i'd tried to convert them meself,but im no good with computer programs and all...
Old 08-26-2006, 11:32 PM   #2
Bumpman

It wouldn't be a good idea, it tends to irritate the people who go to so much trouble to make them available in perfect quality. The source material would probably end up being taken from youtube or something. You can get the whole thing for free on dvd over at dimeadozen. It's a flawless digital transfer and the dvd grading is excellent. If you want to break it down to mp3 from there you could, but putting them up on the internet like that will attract all the wrong attention.
Old 08-27-2006, 12:32 AM   #3
carvinC980t_kid
Eskimo Regular

Location: noblesville indiana, aka people with too much money producing ignorant children

meh, i see it as no big deal. i think if it was done it shouldn't be just posted for DL, but i wouldn't care about it being sent through things like PM's.
carvinC980t_kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006, 02:24 AM   #4
Bumpman

Well if you're going to do it at least don't just take it off youtube, use some decent source material, then at least there'll be a chance that the mp3's would sound like the original recordings. Realistically though if you have broadband it's not such a big step up to doing it right, and it is worth the effort.
Old 08-27-2006, 03:31 AM   #5
shyatt3
Eskimo Apprentice

How do you go about converting such into MP3's anyway? I apologize if that's a stupid question.
Steven
shyatt3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006, 05:24 AM   #6
Ranting Thespian
Eskimo Regular

.WAVs and .SHNs are alright for high speed people, but the people stuck on dialup still have to cling to mp3s .

I agree that massive downloads aren't in order, but friendly sharing in PMs and e-mails are fine.
Ranting Thespian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006, 12:27 PM   #7
Timeé
Intello

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranting Thespian
.WAVs and .SHNs are alright for high speed people, but the people stuck on dialup still have to cling to mp3s .

I agree that massive downloads aren't in order, but friendly sharing in PMs and e-mails are fine.
< shares your pain of the dial-up problem.
A couple of bucks from you?
Timeé is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006, 12:28 PM   #8
Bumpman

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyatt3
How do you go about converting such into MP3's anyway? I apologize if that's a stupid question.
There are no stupid questions... A dvd is essentially a compilation of a sound file and millions of picture files with a timing track which says where everything goes. These component parts can be taken out of context and saved in different formats, the easiest way to do it is a digital transfer of the original sound to a 44.1khz PCM .wav file which can then easily be changed to mp3 as normal. The hardest part is to find a program which will do the first part reliably.