Old 09-22-2007, 05:43 AM   #32
AllThatLies
Eskimo Regular

little behind schedule but within the hour
AllThatLies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 05:49 AM   #33
SisterMidnight
Jellyfishsting

no hurry. jeez you're the king of rapid turnaround times as it is..
SisterMidnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 06:16 AM   #34
AllThatLies
Eskimo Regular

http://bt.etree.org/details.php?id=509687

Damien Rice
September 20, 2007
Greek Theatre - Los Angeles, CA

Taper: Jon Koch
Source: Schoeps MK4 > active cables > Nbox+ > IRiver iHP-120 (Rockbox)
Transfer: IRiver iHP-120 > USB > PC
Edit: wav > Sony Soundforge 7.0b > wav > CD Wave > wav
Conversion: wav > FLAC frontend 1.7.1 > .flac

---PRESERVE THE QUALITY, PLEASE DO NOT ENCODE INTO MP3 OTHER THAN FOR PERSONAL USE---

Disc 1:

01: Intro [01:06]
02: Rootless Tree [06:18]
03: Older Chests [05:19]
04: Cross-Eyed Bear [05:08]
05: Insane [07:57]
06: Elephant [07:00]
07: Accidental Babies (aborted) [01:17]
08: Me, My Yoke, & I [06:48]
09: Never Leave You (false start) [00:53]
10: Never Leave You * [04:34]
11: I Remember <-> Bang, Bang # [11:21]
12: Delicate [05:03]
13: Volcano [06:16]
Total: [69:00]

Disc 2:

01: Story intro to... [00:49]
02: Childish [03:23]
03: Story intro to... [02:02]
04: The Professor & La Fille Danse [07:24]
05: Story intro to... [03:31]
06: Amie [06:29]
07: Story intro to... [02:03]
08: Coconut Skins > [03:35]
09: Jam > [04:00]
10: Woman Like A Man [05:18]
11: Cannonball ~ [03:46]
12: Encore break [02:48]
13: 9 Crimes [04:51]
14: The Blower's Daughter [05:18]
15: Story intro to... [06:46]
16: Cheers Darlin' [05:44]
Total: [67:47]

* Vyvienne song, no Damien
# Cher cover, partial song
~ Performed unplugged and without a microphone. Recording has been amplified slightly.

Notes: As with every Damien show, dynamic range is extreme. A good deal of compression has been applied to make the recording more listenable.
Never pay for or sell live recordings.

Compiled on 9.21.07
Old 09-22-2007, 06:20 AM   #35
eskimo_prague
Eskimo Regular

Maybe it's because it was my first time seeing him but I can't see how this would be one of the not-so-great concerts, if this was one of those I can't imagine how the excellent ones are! Really though, apart from the crowd (I agree it was obnoxious and felt some lack of response from them, which made me feel awkward wanting to respond so badly lol) I had an amazing time, I wish I could have met some of you, was anyone else on the pit right on the front?

Looking forward to the recording so much!!! Thanks a million AllThatLies!!!
eskimo_prague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 06:27 AM   #36
AllThatLies
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by eskimo_prague
Maybe it's because it was my first time seeing him but I can't see how this would be one of the not-so-great concerts, if this was one of those I can't imagine how the excellent ones are! Really though, apart from the crowd (I agree it was obnoxious and felt some lack of response from them, which made me feel awkward wanting to respond so badly lol) I had an amazing time, I wish I could have met some of you, was anyone else on the pit right on the front?

Looking forward to the recording so much!!! Thanks a million AllThatLies!!!
listen to any of my other tapes from the fonda, el rey, canes, etc. you'll understand.
Old 09-22-2007, 08:03 AM   #37
jdubois1
Eskimo Baby

Default Imho

I loved the show. Maybe I was just relieved I didn't miss his performance like I did when he performed before Fiona but I didn't get the sense that he was phoning-it-in at all. And I've seen what I thought was his best show ever (the Troubadour).

Here's my thoughts on why some people got a totally different feel from the show.

1. A lot of us obsessive, fanatical Damien-philes see or hear his performances days, sometimes hours, after they happen no matter where they are in the world. So when you know he's going to finish the show with Cheers Darlin' and do an amazing acting job to accompany the song its going to feel contrived or forced and lacking that spontaneous feel.

2. Damien doesn't put out an album every year AND he comes to LA a lot, relative to other cities. So his setlists really don't change that much.

3. Living in LA we are spoiled. I'm guilty of it and I'm sure others are too, but I always expect there to be a surprise special guest (no one knew Herbie Hancock was going to be at the troubadour) or some special obscure song.

Performing is an acting job. These people stand before us and have to play a song well and make it feel spontaneous, magical, etc etc. And sometimes we've got other **** going on in our lives or that day that affect our perception. And the whole too-cool LA attitude will always be there (lot of people were late).

I did miss Lisa

I was drunk & high and in the perfect mindstate to really enjoy the show, I wish everyone was. I do remember looking through the crowd and seeing tons of head bobbing and thrashing during one of the more raucous(sp?) songs.

ps- thanks to eman if you're on here. we passed our joints around and shared the experience with our whole row I think.

pps- thanks to AllThatLies. I owe you buddy. Keep up the good work.

See you at the next show eskimoes!
jdubois1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 08:48 AM   #38
Soleillily
Eskimo Shutterbug

I have mixed feelings about this gig as well.
I've seen Damien and Co. about 7 or 8 times now...and I think this was my least favourite of them all. The Troubador and the El Rey show were two of the best gigs I've ever been to and this one wasn't even close.
Don't get me wrong there were some special moments...like when he started Cross Eyed Bear...I said, "NO WAY!" to my friend next to me and she did not know why. You guys do though... I never thought I hear that live and it was absolutely beautiful. Insane made me cry the first time I heard it online and to hearing it live anytime is special. Cannonball off mic felt so personal..I was right in the zone with Damien (and thousands of others too i guess).

What I was kind of like "blah" and "eh" with was the drum solo with Brendan and Joel...it went on for ages and i just don't want pay to see that kind of stuff. I'm into Damien for that reason, no fuss but that was fussy. The Bang, Bang cover could have been cool but I thought it got a bit too melodramatic after a while, I Remember is a stong enough song without that. I like that he got into the stories in the 2nd half but I've heard them all before. He added a bit to some and made them fresh at least. (With that said, the gig became 1,000times better when he started interacting). The Cheers Darlin bit is old now for me but I thought the lamp post and the rain coming down at the end was really endearing.
I love when Damien rocks out...but it was a bit heavy in parts for me. Doesn't mean I didn't rock out in my chair though cos I like having a good time.

Another thing, the crowd seemed weird to me at times (I was in section B up by the front).. hardly anyone clapped/cheered at some points. At least i thought it sounded that way. The guy next to me seemed annoyed by the fact that I was dancing to the music (in my seat!) and singing in parts...but its not like I sang through the whole concert, it would just come out at times...and quietly at that and not in his ear. I was like screw you dude, I paid $60 bucks too and I'm gonna enjoy it. Its a concert, come on!

I gotta say, I missed Tomo...he adds some spark somehow. I know Lisa is gone too and she is sorely missed, but even without her there I think had Tomo been there it would have been much more magical.

Please come back to Fingerprints or the Troubadour Damien!!! The vibe between you and the crowd in smaller intimate shows is what it's all about. People never forget gigs like that. (This is me trying trying to get Damo back here soon (in a smaller venue))!

Last edited by Soleillily; 09-22-2007 at 09:13 AM.
Soleillily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 01:16 PM   #39
She'sAlwaysDressedInWhite
Eskimo Regular

find it interesting how u pointed out the fact he wasn't a sell out and reading the different views on the l.a. show...
especially now that the arena shows in europe are getting closer....

when i first heard he'd play wembley and the likes it made me think how that would work out...

marlay park wasn't sold out but there was a hell of a big crowd there...though it maybe due to the 'summer festival feeling' of the irish crowd and i know a lots of heads from the u.k. came by...

was to go over to birmingham meself but then unfortunately had to cancell the trip..it would be interesting to see how full those venues will be...

i do think that his sound now well suited to big places and to be honest although i love lisa to bits, she is my favourite female singer but i couldn't help myself thinking (seeing damo): where would be her space in the performance?...i was surprised how i didn't miss her at all during the gigs..damien seemed to rule the stage, being the single source of great amount of energy in the room..he is one of those artists who can effortlessly demand attention when he really wants to...then sometimes he is just like "whatever"....

i remeber my friend came by to the new york gig...the last time she saw damien was ages ago when he played the likes of olympia in dublin, which has the capacity of 1200...and she didn't like those early performances saying it was quite boring and at one gig particular he walked off the stage after the third song,sat down in the crowd drinking wine and left the whole band on the stage looking all confused for the rest of the show.... (actually a vast amount of Irish people think this and that is the reason why they never come to his gigs again and have no clue how much he and the band have changed since the early days of 'O'...and no matter saying this to them cos they wouldn't listen and still keep thinking he is a midget, whinging,moody, self-obsessed singer-songwriter with his guitar who is weak to put on a rocking show...)..anyway she came only cos i was going..after the gig i was happily suprised that she was totally won over, saying she had never thought how interesting and energetic his show would be...she said it was one of, if not, the best gigs this year for her..

for me he doesn't seem that tired of gigging..i think he had finally got to a place he was always meant to be artistically and now that he is there and feeling comfortable in his own skin he can take the time off to relax and experiment new things he can get inspirations from..that is how i felt seeing him during this tour ....and i think lisa leaving hugely contributed unintentionally to this progress... think he is at a place now where he really got his own sound so he doesn't feel the urge to push himself to the limit, so he can go off to do things that don't have anything to do with music or him being a musician.he is one of those rare musicians who always managed to be in control of his own art and who doesn't seem to be interested only in music but in many other things...he doesn't seem to have that sense of 'music is me religion, i dedicate myself a 100% to music day n night', like many other musicians usually think...i remember reading an interview with him years ago where he said he wouldn't listen to any music in his spare time at all or just rarely...

and i think that is what keeps him and his music being so versatile..that he can let go off it easily then claim it back when he feels like...actually i can not think of any recent Irish artist who would be so diverse from one gig to the other, who likes to play around with his own songs in so many different ways...hearing damien's different versions of 'i remeber', 'coconut skins'...and u all know i could go on...it gives me the rare chill of exploring the old stuff again and again in another way...that is why i do like the drum solos in coconut skins, his use of distorted guitar and mic...that is why he can make such rapid shows out of a relatively small catalogue...with damien i know that i can go to a show then to another one in lets say 2 months time and i can count on him blowing me away with something wild and new.

as for he is taking it more as a job...well it is a job at the end of the day...it is hard to keep the level of passion about it balanced..just like every other peeps they have good and bad days,periods...i get to see a few musicians beside/outside of the gigs and they will tell u:it is a job they are getting paid at the end of the day, they need to make a living, fulfill their contract and do their best not to disappoint the fans who paid in their hard earned money to see them...they are very realistic about it.it is not all about the miracle,passion and beauty of the art and entertainment..that is how i used to see it but i was wrong and very naive about it till i got a closer view ...of course that is a main thing but there are so many other factors and it is a hard core business..i think this whole passion thing is only there fully when they are writing new stuff the rest of it is linked with the whole business machinery and that doesn not have a soul at all...it is quite disenchanting really but it comes with it and u get used to the feeling after a while and u can still keep ur spirit intact, just in a different dimension

it is sad to see him taking a break and do hope he will still keep doing his smaller intimate surprise gigs here at home as he alwasy used to do even when he wasn't active world-wide...but i can't help myself seeing him more of a philosopher with a composer's talent and a poetic vein who needs and now can afford the time to go and experience different aspects of his own life and hopefully it will make him more adventuruos when he'll sit down to write again or goes on stage to play...

sorry to get away from the real topic of the original thread and being sooooo looooong....

Last edited by She'sAlwaysDressedInWhite; 09-22-2007 at 02:14 PM.
She'sAlwaysDressedInWhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 02:25 PM   #40
Ca11um
Eskimo Syndrome

Cheers for the recording Jon, Here's to you! *raises glass*
Old 09-22-2007, 04:00 PM   #41
Ca11um
Eskimo Syndrome

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurenM
Next tour will be much better, he just needs to recharge, re-focus, and reduce the effects.
I'm obsessed with his pedals and effects - What makes a truly great show for me is how much he uses his distorsion mic and wah/sweep pedals. My favourite shows are from around early 2006 in Australia. I remember specifically he played Insane at Melbourne on the 23rd February 2006 and used the distorsion mic all the way through and used the pedals more than ever. It was heaven! The bits of a show i look forward to most would be things like:

- The wah wah guitar ending to volcano, just before he speaks "you do not need me"

- The screaming at the end of Yoke

- Everything about the songs Face and Tongue (These 2 songs showcase what im trying to get at perfectly)

- The wah wah effect that used to be used so well back in 2004 in WLAM

- The end of I remember where he uses 2 pedals at once - thats class!

Just songs that involve a bit of crunch/distorsion/wah-wah in general.

My favourite part of his show is still the cello/piano ending to accidental babies, but i'm so into damien because of the effects he uses and the way in which he uses them so unashamedly. Ah, maybe this has comes from years of loving Muse! But i do take your point, i think his pedal work is a bit like marmite!

Last edited by Ca11um; 09-22-2007 at 04:04 PM.
Ca11um is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 07:53 PM   #42
LaurenM
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ca11um
I'm obsessed with his pedals and effects - What makes a truly great show for me is how much he uses his distorsion mic and wah/sweep pedals. My favourite shows are from around early 2006 in Australia. I remember specifically he played Insane at Melbourne on the 23rd February 2006 and used the distorsion mic all the way through and used the pedals more than ever. It was heaven! The bits of a show i look forward to most would be things like:

- The wah wah guitar ending to volcano, just before he speaks "you do not need me"

- The screaming at the end of Yoke

- Everything about the songs Face and Tongue (These 2 songs showcase what im trying to get at perfectly)

- The wah wah effect that used to be used so well back in 2004 in WLAM

- The end of I remember where he uses 2 pedals at once - thats class!

Just songs that involve a bit of crunch/distorsion/wah-wah in general.

My favourite part of his show is still the cello/piano ending to accidental babies, but i'm so into damien because of the effects he uses and the way in which he uses them so unashamedly. Ah, maybe this has comes from years of loving Muse! But i do take your point, i think his pedal work is a bit like marmite!
i love those effects as well! magical, gives the music a very orgasmic feel I just dont like SO MUCH effects throughout the entire show to the point where it seems like "O" on speed haha
LaurenM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 08:15 PM   #43
SisterMidnight
Jellyfishsting

he's always played the songs on O like that live (interspersed with sublime acousticness of course)

i love the effects
SisterMidnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 01:30 AM   #44
adecca
igloo tourist

Beautifully said! Nice perspective! Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by She'sAlwaysDressedInWhite
find it interesting how u pointed out the fact he wasn't a sell out and reading the different views on the l.a. show...
especially now that the arena shows in europe are getting closer....

when i first heard he'd play wembley and the likes it made me think how that would work out...

marlay park wasn't sold out but there was a hell of a big crowd there...though it maybe due to the 'summer festival feeling' of the irish crowd and i know a lots of heads from the u.k. came by...

was to go over to birmingham meself but then unfortunately had to cancell the trip..it would be interesting to see how full those venues will be...

i do think that his sound now well suited to big places and to be honest although i love lisa to bits, she is my favourite female singer but i couldn't help myself thinking (seeing damo): where would be her space in the performance?...i was surprised how i didn't miss her at all during the gigs..damien seemed to rule the stage, being the single source of great amount of energy in the room..he is one of those artists who can effortlessly demand attention when he really wants to...then sometimes he is just like "whatever"....

i remeber my friend came by to the new york gig...the last time she saw damien was ages ago when he played the likes of olympia in dublin, which has the capacity of 1200...and she didn't like those early performances saying it was quite boring and at one gig particular he walked off the stage after the third song,sat down in the crowd drinking wine and left the whole band on the stage looking all confused for the rest of the show.... (actually a vast amount of Irish people think this and that is the reason why they never come to his gigs again and have no clue how much he and the band have changed since the early days of 'O'...and no matter saying this to them cos they wouldn't listen and still keep thinking he is a midget, whinging,moody, self-obsessed singer-songwriter with his guitar who is weak to put on a rocking show...)..anyway she came only cos i was going..after the gig i was happily suprised that she was totally won over, saying she had never thought how interesting and energetic his show would be...she said it was one of, if not, the best gigs this year for her..

for me he doesn't seem that tired of gigging..i think he had finally got to a place he was always meant to be artistically and now that he is there and feeling comfortable in his own skin he can take the time off to relax and experiment new things he can get inspirations from..that is how i felt seeing him during this tour ....and i think lisa leaving hugely contributed unintentionally to this progress... think he is at a place now where he really got his own sound so he doesn't feel the urge to push himself to the limit, so he can go off to do things that don't have anything to do with music or him being a musician.he is one of those rare musicians who always managed to be in control of his own art and who doesn't seem to be interested only in music but in many other things...he doesn't seem to have that sense of 'music is me religion, i dedicate myself a 100% to music day n night', like many other musicians usually think...i remember reading an interview with him years ago where he said he wouldn't listen to any music in his spare time at all or just rarely...

and i think that is what keeps him and his music being so versatile..that he can let go off it easily then claim it back when he feels like...actually i can not think of any recent Irish artist who would be so diverse from one gig to the other, who likes to play around with his own songs in so many different ways...hearing damien's different versions of 'i remeber', 'coconut skins'...and u all know i could go on...it gives me the rare chill of exploring the old stuff again and again in another way...that is why i do like the drum solos in coconut skins, his use of distorted guitar and mic...that is why he can make such rapid shows out of a relatively small catalogue...with damien i know that i can go to a show then to another one in lets say 2 months time and i can count on him blowing me away with something wild and new.

as for he is taking it more as a job...well it is a job at the end of the day...it is hard to keep the level of passion about it balanced..just like every other peeps they have good and bad days,periods...i get to see a few musicians beside/outside of the gigs and they will tell u:it is a job they are getting paid at the end of the day, they need to make a living, fulfill their contract and do their best not to disappoint the fans who paid in their hard earned money to see them...they are very realistic about it.it is not all about the miracle,passion and beauty of the art and entertainment..that is how i used to see it but i was wrong and very naive about it till i got a closer view ...of course that is a main thing but there are so many other factors and it is a hard core business..i think this whole passion thing is only there fully when they are writing new stuff the rest of it is linked with the whole business machinery and that doesn not have a soul at all...it is quite disenchanting really but it comes with it and u get used to the feeling after a while and u can still keep ur spirit intact, just in a different dimension

it is sad to see him taking a break and do hope he will still keep doing his smaller intimate surprise gigs here at home as he alwasy used to do even when he wasn't active world-wide...but i can't help myself seeing him more of a philosopher with a composer's talent and a poetic vein who needs and now can afford the time to go and experience different aspects of his own life and hopefully it will make him more adventuruos when he'll sit down to write again or goes on stage to play...

sorry to get away from the real topic of the original thread and being sooooo looooong....

adecca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 07:28 AM   #45
newscaster rachel
Eskimo Baby

Smile loved the pit at the greek !!!

just went to the greek in LA on thursday sept. 20th and loved the show...i read several of the other threads and i think to get the intimacy without distraction you have to sit as close as possible or just go for the pit...childish, older chests and cannonball unplugged were my favorite...getting another chance to meet damien after the show was quite the surprise, loved it..... love how different each show is, even though this was only my second...in a way, it seemed just right that he not talk to the audience the first 12 songs...he didn't need to speak...his voice, heart,mind,mood carried through his greatest gift...his song...and in a way, we get to know him more through each different performance...he can't be completely understood...is never the same twice...isn't that why we love his music/him...i would be sad if he felt pressured by us to always perform like the El Rey or San Diego or somewhere else...that just wouldn't be damien...

am still lookin for more pics. and video from san diego may 1, 2007... if anyone has anything...thanks:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vRAbdrJVY1M

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTIzZoi2-tw
newscaster rachel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 08:12 AM   #46
Soleillily
Eskimo Shutterbug

Quote:
Originally Posted by newscaster rachel
he can't be completely understood...is never the same twice...isn't that why we love his music/him...i would be sad if he felt pressured by us to always perform like the El Rey or San Diego or somewhere else...that just wouldn't be damien...
I don't expect for Damien to be the same evertime he gigs...The Troubadour and The El Rey were completely different shows from one another but I loved them equally.

I just feel the energy of the concert as a whole was lacking, although i enjoyed it and some parts were extremely special to me, I didn't leave feeling butterflies or anything like that (if that makes sense).

I wish i could have been at the pit or in the first few rows...wasn't lucky enough this time. Just glad to have been there regardless.
Old 09-23-2007, 06:13 PM   #47
mariaoran
The girl from Venezuela

There's some videos of the gig on youtube already!!!!

The professor
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svhoDM6meVE
Cannonbal .. gosh his voice carries lots!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUrmkA9xNKA
9crimes
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=liqF-...elated&search=
elephant .... luuuuuv this performance!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7HXT3Zm08ds

There are more ... for delicate , volcano .......

"This place is a Gynocracy!"

repetition creates pattern, repetition creates pattern, repetition creates pattern...
mariaoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 06:51 PM   #48
borneoman
Insane Eskimo

^Great!!! I'm so impatiently waiting for Cuuliem's clip of INSANE!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-23-2007, 10:29 PM   #49
Lindsay
Eskimo Regular

^^ I'm sooooo excited
Lindsay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 01:14 AM   #50
borneoman
Insane Eskimo

anyone took pictures????? I had my camera but was so focused that forgot to take pictures lol

Last edited by borneoman; 09-24-2007 at 04:29 AM.
borneoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 02:35 AM   #51
mariaoran
The girl from Venezuela

Quote:
Originally Posted by borneoman
^Great!!! I'm so impatiently waiting for Cuuliem's clip of INSANE!!!!!!!!!!!
There's a video of insane??!!??!!??!!??!!! yayyyy
Can't wait!!!!

"This place is a Gynocracy!"

repetition creates pattern, repetition creates pattern, repetition creates pattern...
mariaoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 02:57 AM   #52
AllThatLies
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soleillily
I don't expect for Damien to be the same evertime he gigs...The Troubadour and The El Rey were completely different shows from one another but I loved them equally.

I just feel the energy of the concert as a whole was lacking, although i enjoyed it and some parts were extremely special to me, I didn't leave feeling butterflies or anything like that (if that makes sense).
yup. it just seemed like the overall vibe or feeling of the show wasn't there. it was all very cold and mechanical.
Old 09-24-2007, 04:31 AM   #53
borneoman
Insane Eskimo

Maria, I'm pretty sure Cuuliem recorded the first part of the gig... but he's still travelling around, so I guess we'll have to wait a few days... can't wait to see those amazing Cross eyed Bear and Insane again!!!!!!!!!!!!! And I think he has the part with all the stories which was amazing too!!!!!!!!

Last edited by borneoman; 09-24-2007 at 04:36 AM.
borneoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 06:38 AM   #54
eskimo_prague
Eskimo Regular

I took pics but some came out blurry, I will post them as soon as time allows (I just got back home). So glad Culliem managed to record some video!!, I only got some tidbits here and there which I will also post shortly.

Borneoman, which section where you and Culliem in? (maybe I saw you?)

Last edited by eskimo_prague; 09-24-2007 at 06:44 AM.
eskimo_prague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 07:15 AM   #55
borneoman
Insane Eskimo

Post them plizzzz even if they're blurry!!!!!!!
Old 09-24-2007, 07:21 PM   #56
CSL
didactic destiny schemer

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soleillily
The guy next to me seemed annoyed by the fact that I was dancing to the music (in my seat!) and singing in parts...but its not like I sang through the whole concert, it would just come out at times...and quietly at that and not in his ear. I was like screw you dude, I paid $60 bucks too and I'm gonna enjoy it. Its a concert, come on!
OH MY GOD!!! I had a very similar experience!! The guy in front of me would turn and look at me if I EVER sang along (and I even tried to only sing along with the "louder" parts, so as not to obstruct from the intimacy of Damo's voice) and if I even WHISPERED to my friend next to me he'd turn and dart a dirty look at me! Are you KIDDING!?!?!?

I'm sorry, dude, I didn't realize this was the f***ing library... I thought it was a CONCERT!!!!!

I actually felt bad when I stood up in some parts so I could see over the people in the pit (I was in the fourth row, section A, so we were just below the eyeline of the stage), so I sat on the top of my chair and hunched over.

The sad thing is, I've had this happen at the Greek before. First time I saw Coldplay was there, and I was ecstatic when they started so I stood up very appreciatively, and I had some a**hole behind me YELL at me to sit down!

Seriously... when did this become the sad state of affairs that we can't stand and sing and dance and cheer for our favorite artists at a show??

Soleillily, I am sorry you were made to feel like you couldn't even dance in your seat.... I totally feel your pain.... but the people we should REALLY feel sorry for are the ones that made us feel bad for enjoying ourselves!!!

CSL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 07:31 PM   #57
CSL
didactic destiny schemer

Wink

A few more things:

1. I apologize for my ignorance... but can anyone tell me how to do this torrent business so I can listen to the show? I clicked and downloaded it and it is on my desktop... but I have no idea what to do now! (thanks again, AllThatLies... you rule... I can't wait to hear it!!)

2. All these people that talk about shows at the El Rey and the Troubadour, etc. that I didn't get to go to make me CRAZY JEALOUS!!!! I sincerely wish I could invent some type of time machine and join you guys there!! IT'S NOT FAIR!!!!

3. Brenda... I didn't get your message about Muse until the next day!! I'll email you, too, just in case... but if you read this first, sorry I missed you ONCE AGAIN!! (What did you think, by the way? We were totally blown away by them... I thought they had 20 times more energy than when I saw them at the Greek a couple of years ago!)

4. Also, is "Newscaster Rachel" on here THE Newscaster Rachel that Damien brought up in San Diego? I was there and I know that there is at least a video of him singing the Rachel song and a bad video of Cross Eyed Bear from that night (but at least you can hear it).

Thanks in advance to anyone that feels compelled to respond to me!
CSL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 08:11 PM   #58
Soleillily
Eskimo Shutterbug

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSL
Soleillily, I am sorry you were made to feel like you couldn't even dance in your seat.... I totally feel your pain.... but the people we should REALLY feel sorry for are the ones that made us feel bad for enjoying ourselves!!!

oh, i still danced and i still sang i was just mindful to do it quietly and not do it when damo was quiet as well.
There is no way anyone is gonna keep me from dancing!

Maybe next time damien will see me outside a gig and invite me to watch from backstage so I can dance and sing all i want! haha..*wishful thinking*
Old 09-24-2007, 11:21 PM   #59
cuuliem
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by borneoman
Maria, I'm pretty sure Cuuliem recorded the first part of the gig... but he's still travelling around, so I guess we'll have to wait a few days... can't wait to see those amazing Cross eyed Bear and Insane again!!!!!!!!!!!!! And I think he has the part with all the stories which was amazing too!!!!!!!!
just managed to get back to NYC, I havent checked the internet, so i didnt know pedestrian were playing the next day. otherwise I should have tape it
for the vids : I havent upload my castllebar gig yet, then I have to upload another artist (sara bareilles) AND THEN YOU WILL GET the Greek Theater concert. or at least what I will have. i'm so stupid, i forgot to erase one of my memory card before the show, so i went out of memory at the end, and I didnt understand why. stupid me.
Dont expect anything before october 15th. If i have nothing to do in my life, you'll get it sooner
cuuliem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 12:10 AM   #60
.em.
Eskimo Regular

its nice to hear that his mood got better by the end of the show! ^__^