Home   | About   | Contact  | Lyrics  | Tabs  | Forum

The Igloo

Go Back   The Igloo > Damien Rice > Damien's Gigs

Old 03-08-2007, 06:08 PM   #1
wany
Eskimo Baby

Default was somebody at bordeaux gig last night?

well i was!! and i don't have to tell you how great it was!! the way damien mixes different songs to make one is totally amazing! lisa was...i just can't find any word! each song was perfect, beautifull, full of surprises!

but i'm a little bit disappointed: damien didn't say a word untill the middle of the concert (not even "good evening")! he was cold! after he talked, it was better! but during this gig, he only talked to us one time, just one little story! at the end, he just said "thanx, we have to go, good night"!
there wasn't even a drop of wine on the stage (even if bordeaux is a french area known for the wine!)
well, it was....weird!

but anyway, i keep a good memory of this night, and i still love damien rice and all the others as much as before (if it's not most)!

if somebody here was at this gig, tell me if you felt this "cold thing" like me...
Old 03-08-2007, 06:16 PM   #2
Closing_Doors
Hysterical & Useless

What songs did he play? Any new ones?
how a little love goes a long long long way.

-- Simon Armitage
Closing_Doors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 08:47 PM   #3
tritonn
Eskimo Baby

Fool was also played in Bordeaux, and although i only heard it once, it clearly has the feel of a classic already.
Damien sang it interlaced with one line of "Ne me quitte pas" as well as with lyrics from Nancy Sinatra's "Bang Bang (my baby shot me down)" .
The show opened with "Me, my yoke + I" segued into "Rootless tree" and truly rocked, mainly centered around songs of "9" (all but Dogs and Sleep don't weep), with few songs from "o" (just 3 by my count), a frustratingly rather short set, due to a stupid 10.30pm curfew , which meant Damien had to stop the show after hardly one and half an hour and a 2-song only encore of Woman like a man and The Blower's Daughter.

That was the only disappointment, due to the change of venue from a cosey theater to this larger hall. Now I argued with someone from the management who replied that it was not their fault if the artist came on stage 30 minutes late but then again with such a ridiculously early deadline, they should stick to staging bingo nights, not concerts.

My very own and final thought about this :
Bordeaux may well be renowned for its "Grands Vins" but it apparently also has some bourgeois "pisse-vinaigre" (pardon my french for something like "party poopers") : let'em sleep in peace!
Or should we?
tritonn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 09:51 PM   #4
wany
Eskimo Baby

when they changed the place of the gig, i knew it wasn't a good thing! i knew about the curfew and i knew they wouldn't let damien play further than 10.30pm! la medoquine is such not a good place, compared to rock school barbey!

and then, thanx for the "bourgeois "pisse-vinaigre""!! i'm from bordeaux so i appreciate! but anyway, i can't say that you're totally wrong, but people who was at the concert last night was pretty cool!!
Old 03-17-2007, 12:52 PM   #5
sophie33
Eskimo Baby

hello !!
I was present to the show and it was very cool !!!
sorry i don't speak good english, it is the reason that my resume is short !! sorry for my poor english !
photo ?? or bootleg ??
please !!

sophie33 is offline   Reply With Quote