Home   | About   | Contact  | Lyrics  | Tabs  | Forum

The Igloo

Go Back   The Igloo > Everything Else > Everything Else

Old 01-04-2009, 05:46 AM   #1
mariaoran
The girl from Venezuela

Default The 2009 What Got You Down thread

I think its quite remarkable that we've made it to the 3 day of the year without this thread but this happiness is over now because my day has been crappy in general. I've been sick for about a week or more now and probably shouldn't have skipped on my medicine on the 31st and go drinking instead... but what's done it done, now every but of my body aches, stupid flu!!. Plus my dad goes back to Venezuela tomorrow and that really sucks too!!!!!

"This place is a Gynocracy!"

repetition creates pattern, repetition creates pattern, repetition creates pattern...
mariaoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 09:07 AM   #2
Cali
Vegetable Eskimo

this has no excuse. none whatsoever
Cali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 01:51 AM   #3
verenita
... trusty and true ...

my heart is crying:
Massacre of innocents as UN school is shelled
Old 01-07-2009, 08:55 AM   #4
Rai
Eskimontologist

^War is ****. And I seriously don't understand why aren't people hiding in their own houses and choose buildings instead that are used by Hamas as a launching platform (and possibly a weapons depot and will surely be hit. Unless they are told to do so by a certain organisation.

"If you find you've got a dragon charging at you at thirty miles per hour snapping its teeth you can always drive it defensively through the covers"
Rai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 12:55 AM   #5
bearbait
Eskimo Pie

Well, mine isn't as bad as all that (^^ & ^^^), but I'm down because my 3-year-old is sick. He has a fever & has been coughing & wheezing, and has to have a breathing treatment with a nebulizer which he doesn't like. It seems like at least one person in my household has been sick ever since Thanksgiving, I just want everyone to be healthy!!
bearbait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 01:32 PM   #6
cille
creepycute

I got down for a moment this morning after having showered in the kitchen of our new 3rd floor appartment - to get the humidity out and some fresh air in I opened the kitchen window up wide open and THOUGHT I had an eye on on the window and both my cats, BUUUT... I didn't, so all of a sudden i saw the tale of one of my cats sticking up from the part of the window pane that's on the outside, yiiiikes!!! He is not a very streetwise cat, so I don't think he knows what it means to jump (or fall) from the 3rd floor, so had to haul him in by his fur - he didn't like it but yikes!
Old 01-09-2009, 04:28 PM   #7
Hendrik
Teddy Daniels

Quote:
Originally Posted by cille View Post
I got down for a moment this morning after having showered in the kitchen of our new 3rd floor appartment - to get the humidity out and some fresh air in I opened the kitchen window up wide open and THOUGHT I had an eye on on the window and both my cats, BUUUT... I didn't, so all of a sudden i saw the tale of one of my cats sticking up from the part of the window pane that's on the outside, yiiiikes!!! He is not a very streetwise cat, so I don't think he knows what it means to jump (or fall) from the 3rd floor, so had to haul him in by his fur - he didn't like it but yikes!
That was close! *phew*

Our cat doesn't seem to care about jumping out of the windows or if she could do so on the balcony, thank god.

But two years ago, we accidently locked her in one of our big wardrobes (curiosity trapped the cat ), we got so worried, my sister cried, I nearly had a heart attack because I thought I had left the window open and she had run away or so, but no, then after one hour I was lucky to hear her scratch from the inside of the wardrobe. Jesus.

Last edited by Hendrik; 01-09-2009 at 04:33 PM.
Hendrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 01:51 PM   #8
bearbait
Eskimo Pie

Luke still has a fever & has a horrible deep cough. Ethan's been coughing a bit too but doesn't seem to have a fever. So I guess we are going to have to skip the family party we are supposed to go to tonight.

BTW: I'd gotten an e-mail from my dad yesterday morning saying that rubbing Vicks on the feet and covering them with socks before going to bed is supposed to stop coughing. I was sceptical, but when Luke couldn't sleep last night because he was coughing so much, I tried it in a fit of desperation. And wouldn't you know, he stopped coughing and slept through the night! He woke up at 7:30 this morning coughing again, I put more Vicks on, he's still coughing but it is not as bad. It's supposed to work on adults too.
Old 01-14-2009, 08:33 PM   #9
Closing_Doors
Hysterical & Useless

Going into hospital tomorrow.
how a little love goes a long long long way.

-- Simon Armitage
Closing_Doors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 09:05 PM   #10
Gatsby
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Closing_Doors View Post
Going into hospital tomorrow.
sorry to hear that ian, hope all is okay..

https://www.twitch.tv/simonjmusic
Gatsby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 09:17 PM   #11
Hendrik
Teddy Daniels

I hope it's nothin bad. All the best for you, mate!
Hendrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 09:20 PM   #12
Yetzirah
Eskimissima

oh, i hope it's nothing horrible! and hopefully the food will be alright as well...
Old 01-14-2009, 09:33 PM   #13
bearbait
Eskimo Pie

Good luck with that Closing, I hope it is nothing very bad and that all goes well.
Old 01-14-2009, 09:44 PM   #14
verenita
... trusty and true ...

many hugs, ian. see you soon
Old 01-14-2009, 10:06 PM   #15
Closing_Doors
Hysterical & Useless

Thanks guys... I hope it's nothing bad too.
how a little love goes a long long long way.

-- Simon Armitage
Closing_Doors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 10:18 PM   #16
Wheels
Eskimo Enigma

Ah you'll be grand man. Try not to worry

Wheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 01:28 PM   #17
Timeé
Intello

Best of luck Ian, I'm sure you'll be alright
A couple of bucks from you?
Timeé is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 11:16 PM   #18
bearbait
Eskimo Pie

I'm suspicious that a friend of mine may have a prescription drug abuse problem. My favorite aunt died last year from an overdose of prescription drugs, so I HAVE to do something about this, but am unsure what to do at this point. My sister-in-law is a drug abuse counselor so I'm going to talk to her about it this weekend, maybe she will have some good ideas.
Old 01-16-2009, 11:53 PM   #19
Timeé
Intello

My Aberdeen Airport Experience:

So I waited at John Street, but no bus arrived for a good few minutes. At about 10.16, I ran to Union Street to get a taxi to the airport. The dude took me to the aiport and I arrived there at 10.30. I then rushed to the security/departure place; they were checking the size of bags. ****! The woman there told me "there is no way that is going to get through as handluggage" (fair enough). She prompted me to try and stuff it in the "Is your bag of the correct size/dimensions?" basket, which I did, but she wasn't even looking because she thought it was not even worth thinking about. I then rushed back to see if I could check in. The desk was closed. I was slightly ****ed. What does a man do?

I tried to plea my case to the securitydoor staff but they weren't having any of it...they had already told me it was too big...it SLIGHTLY pissed me off that the guy kept telling me "well you'll have to check it in then, won't you!", when I kept telling him "the check-in desk's closed!".
So I then went and asked the Airport Information Service where the Baggage lockers where. Found'em. £3 an day to hold your bag. Annoying but better than nothing (a flight tomorrow? be a bit expensive like). I stuffed my pockets full of stuff like my ipod, my toothbrush, change, mobile, another ipod, contact lens case, hat..put my big coat on, then I zipped up my bag and gave it to the woman.

I then ran to the security door to find I had lost my check-in slip. Took me a few minutes to find it. I thought the guy had taken it! I found it on the floor where I left my bag in for the week. I ran (well I was running pretty much all the time since 10.15. (Good work out). The guy at the Security door told me "flight is boarding..." as I handed him my slip. I ran further. Thank christ it was a small airport.
There were about 5 Ryanair Departure Gate Staff (ladies) and I ran up and they said "? Dublin?", replied "Yes!..pleease",
...they walkietalkied a woman on the aircraft.."will you be able to allow another on? Young male, sexy, no visible facial hair?" "yeah go on then"

Not quite that walkie talkie convo, but they let me on.

That's about it. I got the flight, arrived in Dublin, got the bus home, and I'm here now.
A couple of bucks from you?
Timeé is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 11:58 PM   #20
Yetzirah
Eskimissima

^ doesn't sound very sad to me. quite amusing to read it, to be sure. hehe

sorry to hear that, bear! i hope you'll find a way to help!
Old 01-17-2009, 06:25 AM   #21
srahman24
Dandy little dreamer

Just heard on The Frames forum that RoadRecs is closing its doors within the next 2-3 weeks

I'm glad I stocked up on a few things on my last trip to Ireland...
srahman24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 12:44 PM   #22
Cerque
Resident Irishman

Quote:
Originally Posted by srahman24 View Post
Just heard on The Frames forum that RoadRecs is closing its doors within the next 2-3 weeks

I'm glad I stocked up on a few things on my last trip to Ireland...

Me and my friends got lost in a massive golf course in the middle of the night over the holidays. it didn't help that we were a little drunk, there were animals roaming the high grass so it frightened the bejesus out of us whenever we felt something running past us. It took us 2 hours to find out way back to our beach tent on the other side of the golf course. We are the only ones who find it sad though, everyone else just laughs at us.
Cerque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 03:04 PM   #23
bearbait
Eskimo Pie

My 18-month old woke us up at 6am, doesn't he know that you are supposed to sleep in on Saturdays?! I told him that I am going to give him a hard time when he is a teenager and wants to sleep in on the weekends, I am going to make him wake up at 6 to do chores Ah well, at least I have Sunday morning to look forward to, when it is my turn to sleep in and hubby's turn to get up when Ethan does.
Old 01-17-2009, 06:25 PM   #24
Joyful
Eskimama

^ Count your blessings. Mine were up at 5 am. Ridiculous! But yes, I too look forward to revenge in the teenage years.
Joyful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 06:35 PM   #25
srahman24
Dandy little dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rai View Post
^War is ****. And I seriously don't understand why aren't people hiding in their own houses and choose buildings instead that are used by Hamas as a launching platform (and possibly a weapons depot and will surely be hit. Unless they are told to do so by a certain organisation.
Not all buildings being hit are even remotely close to being Hamas-used buildings. The two UN schools just recently hit are just two examples. There are a lot of civilians dying here who have no safe place to go whatsoever.
Old 01-17-2009, 09:48 PM   #26
Rai
Eskimontologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by srahman24 View Post
Not all buildings being hit are even remotely close to being Hamas-used buildings. The two UN schools just recently hit are just two examples. There are a lot of civilians dying here who have no safe place to go whatsoever.
I wouldn't be sure about that, there is evidence of Hamas launching missiles from UN schools, and booby-trapping at least one other school. They want civilian casualties because every dead child they parade in front of the cameras is a propaganda victory for them, even if they lose a mortar squad in exchange. They will be using all buildings with many people hiding in them because there's a slightly less chance of they getting hit and even if they do, its juicy stuff for the press.

"If you find you've got a dragon charging at you at thirty miles per hour snapping its teeth you can always drive it defensively through the covers"
Rai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 10:03 PM   #27
Joyful
Eskimama

My inlaws just cancelled babysitting for the second Saturday night in a row. The weather is horrible and they have a long drive. I totally understand it, but I so desperatlely wanted to have some childless time with my husband.
Joyful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 01:03 AM   #28
Cerque
Resident Irishman

This Video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pXfH...e=channel_page
Cerque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 07:18 AM   #29
srahman24
Dandy little dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rai View Post
I wouldn't be sure about that, there is evidence of Hamas launching missiles from UN schools, and booby-trapping at least one other school. They want civilian casualties because every dead child they parade in front of the cameras is a propaganda victory for them, even if they lose a mortar squad in exchange. They will be using all buildings with many people hiding in them because there's a slightly less chance of they getting hit and even if they do, its juicy stuff for the press.
Of course they are hiding amongst civilian places, but not ALL buildings being hit are proper targets. Some (e.g. the last UN school hit) are mistakes. They've even admitted as much.

But my real downer for the day: an argument with the best friend.
Old 01-19-2009, 05:13 AM   #30
Cali
Vegetable Eskimo

just realized that my copy of sea sew was taken from my car
edit: fortunately the cd was in my car so the bastard just took the case. still.
Cali is offline   Reply With Quote