Home   | About   | Contact  | Lyrics  | Tabs  | Forum

The Igloo

Go Back   The Igloo > Damien Rice > Damien Rice

Old 01-23-2007, 06:54 PM   #1
Zoe
Eskimo Baby

Default What do you know about love?

Does anybody know where you can buy/download or even listen to the song What do you know about love?
I have only read the lyrics but am in love with the words, like most of his songs!!
Please help if you know where i can find the song.

Thanks x
Zoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 08:34 PM   #2
Spamlet
Resident Contrarian

Welcome Zoe!

Now for the bad news: you won't ever hear it.

The only reason those lyrics are even up is because Emmett (who founded and runs this site) was at the only gig where Damo has ever played it (which was almost 5 years ago now). Unfortunately, the tape was lost some time ago.

According to Emmett, Damo opened up his lyrics notebook kneeled down on the stage and just started slowly making up some music for them. He said it was the most intense thing he ever saw on a stage. So muchso that he felt almost strange for witnessing it, like he was spying on someone's private pain.

Incredible stuff, huh?

Last edited by Spamlet; 01-23-2007 at 08:38 PM.
Spamlet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 01:02 AM   #3
LaurenM
Eskimo Regular

Spamlet, are you suggesting the proposterous notion that not even YOU have heard it?!

http://thatgirlwiththefreckles.blogspot.com/
LaurenM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 03:30 AM   #4
SisterMidnight
Jellyfishsting

i don't think anyone has ever heard it but emmett

i'm beginning to think it's a myth
SisterMidnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 07:57 AM   #5
Spamlet
Resident Contrarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurenBledsoe
Spamlet, are you suggesting the proposterous notion that not even YOU have heard it?!
Call my preposterous notion an auto-hypnotic suggestion, if you like.

Actually Laura, there are quite a few other songs still (the first two Juniper EPs and "Fear") that I highly doubt I will ever get to hear. There are also several other untitled/unknown ones that have been played over the years at gigs. Many of those were unfortunately gigs that people aren't known to ever have taped and there are many shows that no one apparently even has the set lists for.

Now some of these may well now or in the future be known to us under other names of course, but it's likely that we may never know. Unless Damo and company have their own tapes of every single show they've ever done (I know they have MANY but don't believe ALL) and listened back themselves with perfect memories (now that's funny) those songs will probably remain question marks.
Old 01-24-2007, 12:41 PM   #6
Bumpman

They do have a lot of tapes of shows, more then they'd admit to having. I doubt any of it will see the light of day though.
Old 01-24-2007, 07:24 PM   #7
borneoman
Insane Eskimo

There was a newie on the 2nd Chicago show, but hasn't showed up yet... anyone??
borneoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 10:43 PM   #8
LaurenM
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spamlet
Call my preposterous notion an auto-hypnotic suggestion, if you like.

Actually Laura, there are quite a few other songs still (the first two Juniper EPs and "Fear") that I highly doubt I will ever get to hear. There are also several other untitled/unknown ones that have been played over the years at gigs. Many of those were unfortunately gigs that people aren't known to ever have taped and there are many shows that no one apparently even has the set lists for.

Now some of these may well now or in the future be known to us under other names of course, but it's likely that we may never know. Unless Damo and company have their own tapes of every single show they've ever done (I know they have MANY but don't believe ALL) and listened back themselves with perfect memories (now that's funny) those songs will probably remain question marks.
Assuming you were talking to me, I am currently known as Lauren

http://thatgirlwiththefreckles.blogspot.com/
LaurenM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 07:35 PM   #9
Zoe
Eskimo Baby

hey,

Thanks for the replies on the question.
i guess i will just have to keep humming a tune in my head when i read the lyrics!!
Such a shame as the words are amazing!

Thanks again x x x
Zoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 08:33 PM   #10
Rai
Eskimontologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoe
hey,

Thanks for the replies on the question.
i guess i will just have to keep humming a tune in my head when i read the lyrics!!
Such a shame as the words are amazing!

Thanks again x x x
Great idea... Let's go over to the Musicians Forum and get a tune together for the words, if Damien is not willing to provide it Power to the people!!!

"If you find you've got a dragon charging at you at thirty miles per hour snapping its teeth you can always drive it defensively through the covers"
Rai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 09:48 PM   #11
Noellenc
Eskimo Baby

Just an idea, but host a contest for people to make up a song around the lyrics Might be fun.
Noellenc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 06:05 AM   #12
Spamlet
Resident Contrarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noellenc
Just an idea, but host a contest for people to make up a song around the lyrics Might be fun.
Well, except that one does already exist! Who knows maybe one day he'll record it for an album. I've been told that it was quite "the chorus of 'Fool' esque" melody-wise so maybe he just morphed it all musically into the other song.

BTW, born, hell yeah believe me, I've been asking/searching everywhere since the day after that gig for it and so far, if anyone has taped night 2 of Chicago they haven't made that fact known.

Laura, oops-Lauren!

Rai and Noelle,

Welcome!