Old 12-10-2014, 10:16 AM   #31
carrroline
person

I got one for Galway!
carrroline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 10:21 AM   #32
borneoman
Insane Eskimo

it always says "we are sorry but"... it´s a ****ty site, too small to handle lots of users... but if you refresh, then you´ll get in...

went on a sorta shopping spree and got tix for all 3 shows, Dublin, Cork and Galway too

Last edited by borneoman; 12-10-2014 at 10:23 AM.
borneoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 10:22 AM   #33
carrroline
person

Got one for Dublin too. phew
no more budget for Cork though
Old 12-10-2014, 10:23 AM   #34
verenita
... trusty and true ...

hey, they charged me 7 times (!!!) when he played in dublin. i called the bank and they told me it would take between 5 and 7 days in order to get my money back, but it actually took 3 days... so, it´s a pain, but not too bad.

happy you got tickets, guys! marti got them for me (endless thanks... again!), so i´ll see you there
Old 12-10-2014, 10:25 AM   #35
Wheels
Eskimo Enigma

If the sale hasn't gone through then don't worry, the money will not have been taken off your card. Technically what happens is the card company puts a hold on the money so that the website can process the sale. If the sale is not processed then the money will be freed up again. That might take a while, but your money will be safe

Quote:
Originally Posted by zincrox View Post
ugghhhhhh no it's happened again. I've been charged on the card that didn't process. what did people do last time this happened/how long did it take to fix? I've sent a message to dr.com support

Wheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 10:26 AM   #36
Moves-My-World
Eskimo Regular

I had a lot smoother time this go around. Clicked at 10am for Dublin - "none left". Refreshed the page - straight through to checkout and no issues with cards. Roll on July!

Regarding card charges, last time I emailed DR.com and they emailed me back later in the day when they sneakily released some more tickets and was able to pick them up then.

P.S. Thanks for the O photo, Caro I haven't been too active here of late but it was greatly appreciated! I'll get you a drink in Dublin
Moves-My-World is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 10:26 AM   #37
Anto21
Eskimo Baby

If you didn't get any keep trying, I was on it at 10am and everything was being reserved but got 2 tickets moments later! Only got tickets for Cork couldn't afford to do Cork and Dublin Hoping he will announce European dates soon enough so I can plan a trip
Anto21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 10:47 AM   #38
carrroline
person

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moves-My-World View Post
P.S. Thanks for the O photo, Caro I haven't been too active here of late but it was greatly appreciated! I'll get you a drink in Dublin
No worries, you're very welcome

Looking forward to spending a week in Ireland in July and hope to meet some of you there
Back to work now...
Old 12-10-2014, 11:17 AM   #39
lod
Eskimo Regular

They only sell a certain number of tickets on pre sale, you can still try ticketmaster on Friday :-D.. I'm dancing around singing happy by pharrell as I'm going to Dublin and Galway with a pal :-D excited..:-D
lod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 11:31 AM   #40
Jaetheprincess
Eskimo Baby

I am excited now~

So now the email says seats will be allocated many weeks later, how does it work?
Jaetheprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 11:43 AM   #41
verenita
... trusty and true ...

if you purchased tickets for iveagh garden, they are general admission. the same in galway, i believe. if you are going to the marquee, they just send you an email with a seat reserved for you. i don't know the criteria, but you can't change it, just have to take it. well, that's how they did with dublin gig back in november.
Old 12-10-2014, 12:18 PM   #42
Jaetheprincess
Eskimo Baby

Thank you Verenita.
Jaetheprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 12:33 PM   #43
owenv123
Eskimo Baby

Tried a million times but looks like the presale is over for Dublin, I'll hold out for Friday!

Tried both Galway and Cork, still on sale!
owenv123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 01:03 PM   #44
lod
Eskimo Regular

The Galway one is a marquee.. On the college grounds... I saw chic (le freak) there 2 summers ago.. Was great fun,but will be more like an electric picnic gig than the intimate one we had in bord gais... The iveagh gardens is a park so will be like the marlay park gig i imagine.. There are no seats in either of these venues.. Hopefully it'll be sunny at least :-D
Old 12-10-2014, 01:18 PM   #45
verenita
... trusty and true ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lod View Post
The Galway one is a marquee..
i meant the marquee in cork. it´s the name of the venue, isn´t it?
anyway... i just can´t believe he is finally playing in ireland and in places full of great vibe
Old 12-10-2014, 02:22 PM   #46
lod
Eskimo Regular

I know the cork one is called the marquee, was just saying the Galway One isn't an existing venue, it's one they put up for the arts festival.... We will all have to meet up :-D
Old 12-10-2014, 02:34 PM   #47
verenita
... trusty and true ...

get it now, he... are you going to galway too? hopefully i´ll meet you there you can *teach* me more irish expressions
Old 12-10-2014, 08:56 PM   #48
Lys
Eskimo Regular

Where are the standing places in Cork? Did you all get seats or GA standing? Can't find a decent pic of this venue...and is it a festival or a regular gig?

Hmm i figured it out...I'm going to aim for the regular sale, I want tix in my hands and not pick-up at venue.
BIG BIG BIG venues though

Last edited by Lys; 12-10-2014 at 09:05 PM.
Lys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 04:49 PM   #49
lod
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by verenita View Post
get it now, he... are you going to galway too? hopefully i´ll meet you there you can *teach* me more irish expressions
No problem, I'm going to Galway too..a great city for a great night out, although we do all need to be prepared for the fact that this is going to be very different compared to the intimacy of the bord gais theatre!!
Old 12-11-2014, 07:30 PM   #50
borneoman
Insane Eskimo

Iveagh Gardens much much smaller than Marlay Park, it´s like 4,000-5,000 people in the Grdens, think Marlay Park was like 20,000???

the one in Cork I think it´s a temporal venue for the summer? the seating plan is on ticketmaster.

But yes, you have to be prepared and know where you´re going, of course it´s not an intimate show for 20 people like one of those radio shows or tv tapings he´s doing... it´s a festival but I´m sure it will be with a band so it will also be more intense. Besides, we can always arrive early and grab that front row... for me, everything is intimate if i´m at the front row, don´t notice much if there´s 500 or 5,000 people behind
Old 12-11-2014, 08:42 PM   #51
lod
Eskimo Regular

I meant as in a park... Concerts in marlay used be much smaller crowds.. Was just referring really to standing in a crowd in a marquee as apposed to sitting in a theatre.. I was in row 4 at bord gais, was incredible... But I love him regardless and am hoping for fabulousness!!! :-D
Old 12-12-2014, 09:09 AM   #52
Lys
Eskimo Regular

Well that was smooth!! Got Dublin and Cork in the regular sale, with no waiting or probs at all. Tix sent to my house for 3 eur. So can sell them too if I can't make it.
Great!!
Old 12-12-2014, 10:01 AM   #53
owenv123
Eskimo Baby

Phew got one for Dublin!!
Old 12-12-2014, 11:13 AM   #54
lod
Eskimo Regular

Kinda wished I'd waited for regular sale, massive queue to pick up tickets id say...maybe we'll meet again for dublin Owen?
Old 12-12-2014, 11:27 AM   #55
owenv123
Eskimo Baby

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by lod View Post
Kinda wished I'd waited for regular sale, massive queue to pick up tickets id say...maybe we'll meet again for dublin Owen?
Yeah I'd say there will be a bit of a queue! Lovely venue though, saw The National there this summer and I have to say it was very smoothly run, great location.

Definitely Linda, we should organise a big meet up again, which eskimos are going/up for meeting?
Old 12-12-2014, 01:12 PM   #56
carrroline
person

Quote:
Originally Posted by owenv123 View Post
Definitely Linda, we should organise a big meet up again, which eskimos are going/up for meeting?
I am
(going to Dublin & Galway)
Old 12-12-2014, 05:39 PM   #57
lod
Eskimo Regular

Yahoo.. Reunion :-D.
I'm doing Galway too :-D love that city and figure Itl be easier to stalk him lol ��
Old 12-12-2014, 05:48 PM   #58
verenita
... trusty and true ...

if everything goes rigth, i´ll be in dublin and galway too. i´ve been to iveagh garden in the summer 2013 and it´s an amazing atmosphere before and during the gig. i would love to spend time with some lovely eskimos, so.. yay
Old 12-13-2014, 10:18 AM   #59
Bandersnatch
Eskimojito

Cool Dublin & Galway

Got 4 tickets for Dublin for a mini-break and then couldn't resist the temptation to turn it into a week - so will be @ Galway as well. Very excited.

Last and only time I saw Damien play was Le Salle Pleyel in Paris - just him, guitar and Piano and a travelling amp. Very special.

Very much looking forward to the Irish vibe!!

And would love to meet up with some fellow Eskimos
Bandersnatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 05:10 PM   #60
carrroline
person

Question...
Did anyone else:
- buy presale tickets for Dublin & Galway
- get a confirmation for both tickets right away
- get another confirmation for Galway a couple of days ago (with more details) (from the James Taylor store )

And didn't get a second confirmation for Dublin?