Home   | About   | Contact  | Lyrics  | Tabs  | Forum

The Igloo

Go Back   The Igloo > Damien Rice > Damien's Gigs

Old 11-19-2014, 03:20 PM   #1
rhpot1991
Eskimo Friend

Default Philly Presale

Got shut out on the Phill presale, I was there at 10:00 on the button and it constantly reported back that tickets were not available. Anyone have any luck?
rhpot1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 03:28 PM   #2
dawno
just mildly free

Sorry

I was lucky and got within the first three rows... guess i won't know actual location til we get there.

Bought row u orch for the beacon but they say obstructed view... on hold with ticketmaster now to cancel the order.
dawno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 03:40 PM   #3
ashleyz
Eskimo Friend

Have you tried since? For the Boston show I got last row balcony At first and when I tried for different tickets it showed sold out for like 10 minutes but then a bunch is tickets must have been released because there is still some available....I wonder if the same thing could have happened for Philly? Worth a shot
ashleyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 03:48 PM   #4
rhpot1991
Eskimo Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleyz View Post
Have you tried since? For the Boston show I got last row balcony At first and when I tried for different tickets it showed sold out for like 10 minutes but then a bunch is tickets must have been released because there is still some available....I wonder if the same thing could have happened for Philly? Worth a shot
Eventually it kicked me out to the tickets page and said pre-sale was sold out, so public sale it is I guess.
Old 11-19-2014, 03:51 PM   #5
TCGatorSJU
Eskimo Baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawno View Post
Sorry

I was lucky and got within the first three rows... guess i won't know actual location til we get there.

Bought row u orch for the beacon but they say obstructed view... on hold with ticketmaster now to cancel the order.

I got my confirmation email. Says we should get our seat locations within 4-6 weeks. Note it was sent to my spam folder.

For the people that didn't get them, it looks like only the pit and the first 3 rows were for sale today. If they keep it at only the parquet, then there are least 20 rows of 20-25 for sale on Friday. If they open up the balcony's, that could be another 200-300 seats. Good luck everyone

Last edited by TCGatorSJU; 11-19-2014 at 03:54 PM.
TCGatorSJU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 03:52 PM   #6
ashleyz
Eskimo Friend

That sucks! This presale seemed at least a little better than the last time so hopefully the regular sale will be too and you will get tickets. Fingers crossed for you!
ashleyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 04:26 PM   #7
dawno
just mildly free

There will plenty of great seats available! Don't give up hope!!! It's a gorgeous room.

Like I mentioned in a different thread, it might be worth registering on the kimmel center site or ticketphiladelphia.org just to save time on Friday. i don't know if the gen onsale will be handled by dr.com or their own ticketing site.
Old 11-19-2014, 05:56 PM   #8
totalsellout
Eskimo Baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawno View Post
There will plenty of great seats available! Don't give up hope!!! It's a gorgeous room.

Like I mentioned in a different thread, it might be worth registering on the kimmel center site or ticketphiladelphia.org just to save time on Friday. i don't know if the gen onsale will be handled by dr.com or their own ticketing site.
general onsale will be on the kimmel center site. Take this advice and pre-register if you need tickets, and the buy tickets link isn't always where I've expected it to be in the past - i.e. not on their current page with the concert info, if that makes sense...
totalsellout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 06:02 PM   #9
conanemily
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by totalsellout View Post
general onsale will be on the kimmel center site. Take this advice and pre-register if you need tickets, and the buy tickets link isn't always where I've expected it to be in the past - i.e. not on their current page with the concert info, if that makes sense...
do you know where will the tickets page be?
conanemily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 06:34 PM   #10
dawno
just mildly free

Quote:
Originally Posted by conanemily View Post
the dr.com tour page links to the kimmel center site now. I'd imagine it will be updated to the actual ticket page before the onsale.

take time to get familiar with the site, pre-register, etc so you can get in immediately on friday. check out purchase pages for other events to get a good feel for what you'll need to do.

good luck to everyone!
Old 11-19-2014, 08:22 PM   #11
TCGatorSJU
Eskimo Baby

One other thing I would recommend is start checking every 5 minutes or so before the on sale time, just for some odd chance they start selling early. That's how I got Brooklyn tickets because they just popped up early.
Old 11-19-2014, 08:23 PM   #12
conanemily
Eskimo Regular

love that venue - will try my best for Friday! Fingers crossed
Old 11-20-2014, 04:38 PM   #13
totalsellout
Eskimo Baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by conanemily View Post
I just remember that when I was trying to get Neil Young tix at the same venue on their website this past summer, I kept refreshing the event page and no buy tickets link showed up, finally 20 minutes after the onsale I went in through the main site (http://www.kimmelcenter.org/events/index.php?venue=1 I believe) and that's where the buy tickets link was. Don't know if that was a one-time occurrence or what, but hope that helps!
Old 11-21-2014, 03:20 PM   #14
borneoman
Insane Eskimo

but what´s with the seating chart? Stef got some tix that are AAA and BBB myself I got some A... but I cannot see any AAA in the chart... is AA and AAA the same??

if anyone needs tix, we have a few spares I´d say
Old 11-21-2014, 03:36 PM   #15
verenita
... trusty and true ...

if i can save enough money for... flight + accommodation + tickets... i´m in. quite unlikely unfortunately
Old 11-21-2014, 04:07 PM   #16
rhpot1991
Eskimo Friend

I accidentally got an extra set in Parq Circle row T. PM me if anyone is interested in them before I contact ticket Philadelphia about it adding the extra set.
Old 11-21-2014, 04:08 PM   #17
TCGatorSJU
Eskimo Baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by borneoman View Post
but what´s with the seating chart? Stef got some tix that are AAA and BBB myself I got some A... but I cannot see any AAA in the chart... is AA and AAA the same??

AAA, BBB, and CCC from the presale are the orchestra sections, then there are like 6 rows of double letters starting with AA, then the single letter. AAA is front row.

Also, how do you know you are in row AAA and BBB. I thought seat locations weren't being mailed out for 4-6 weeks.

Finally, for the people that bought today. Are you getting mailed your tickets? The presale was will call only it looks like so I am suprised the presale would be one way and the main sale another.

Last edited by TCGatorSJU; 11-21-2014 at 04:15 PM.
Old 11-21-2014, 04:40 PM   #18
dawno
just mildly free

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCGatorSJU View Post
AAA, BBB, and CCC from the presale are the orchestra sections, then there are like 6 rows of double letters starting with AA, then the single letter. AAA is front row.

Also, how do you know you are in row AAA and BBB. I thought seat locations weren't being mailed out for 4-6 weeks.

Finally, for the people that bought today. Are you getting mailed your tickets? The presale was will call only it looks like so I am suprised the presale would be one way and the main sale another.
Today you were able to use the seat picker to choose your seats. It's only for the presale tickets that we don't yet know our seat location.
Old 11-21-2014, 05:09 PM   #19
totalsellout
Eskimo Baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by borneoman View Post

look at this seating chart
http://www.kimmelcenter.org/about/se...ballet-parquet
it shows AAA is closest, then AA, then A
Old 11-21-2014, 05:24 PM   #20
conanemily
Eskimo Regular

successfully pulled a row F! thank god!
Old 12-01-2014, 06:11 PM   #21
InspirationDestination
Eskimo Regular

If anyone has any extra pit tickets that they would like to sell, please PM me! I know it's a long shot, but it never hurts to ask!
InspirationDestination is offline   Reply With Quote