Home   | About   | Contact  | Lyrics  | Tabs  | Forum

The Igloo

Go Back   The Igloo > Damien Rice > Damien Rice

Old 07-31-2007, 08:37 AM   #31
lalla32
Eskimo Regular

Don't throw anything at me but all this makes me go a little bit "bah!"... I mean... is that really the meaning? LOL Is it so easy? Such a beautiful song about loaded penis? I mean... the images and the story doesn't quite fit with the way he sings it. Or maybe they fit... LOL You kind of ruined the mood of this song for me forever.

Ignore me... I'm just a naive girl.
lalla32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 12:04 PM   #32
Nine
Inuit

Quote:
Originally Posted by lalla32
Don't throw anything at me but all this makes me go a little bit "bah!"... I mean... is that really the meaning? LOL Is it so easy? Such a beautiful song about loaded penis? I mean... the images and the story doesn't quite fit with the way he sings it. Or maybe they fit... LOL You kind of ruined the mood of this song for me forever.

Ignore me... I'm just a naive girl.
hehehe, I won't throw anything at you - but it's just gotta be about sex. It's all so clear, especially when put with his explanation of it.
Old 08-01-2007, 06:41 AM
Lindsay
This message has been deleted by Lindsay.
Old 12-22-2010, 01:45 PM   #33
verenita
... trusty and true ...

i´ve just found a musical site which tries to explain "9 crimes" meaning (includes the version for abbey road session). of course, it´s all subjetive, but i do like the writer wrote at the end:

Quote:
The cheater is questioning how they are supposed to hold on to the relationship if their partner doesn't want to do their part, "If you don't shoot it how am I supposed to hold it". You hear the struggle the cheater is having because he obviously still cares alot about his partner but he wants to be with his affair, "It's the wrong kind of place to be thinking of you," , "It's the wrong time she's pulling me through." It always seems easier to move on to something new and shiny rather than fix something that's broken. What people forget is that if you care about something and succeed in fixing it, it will always be more valuable to you than anything new you could replace it with.
so true...
Old 12-23-2010, 06:53 AM   #34
Amie R.
Eskimo Regular

It's about a guilty *f*u*c*k.He feels bad about it,but it was only sex.Maybe the 3some was the actual girl and the girl he was thinking about. we all have 3somes most of the time.Guilty or frustrating ones...

I think the explanation Vere found does not make much sense to me...life is short and you can't spend it trying to fix things. I prefer enjoy things while they are good,when they are not longer shiny I move on. It is possible to fixe a broken mirror,still I would feel the need get myself a new one...if you get what I mean...

Last edited by Amie R.; 12-23-2010 at 06:56 AM.
Amie R. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 11:54 AM   #35
verenita
... trusty and true ...

well... i won´t talk about the "meaning" of the song, cause it´s all about perspective and i respect the writer´s one...
but i, personally, do agree with the last line. i´m not saying that every single thing is worthy to be fixed, but there´re definitely some things that they are to me... definitely. but i do respect your opinion and i admire you for moving on so easily, it´s that simple for me.