Old 12-21-2006, 05:28 AM   #61
yankphin21
Eskimo Friend

Default Setlist

Incredible Show

Rootless Tree (piano solo)
Baby Sister
Grey Room
Coconut Skins (mellower version, with sort of guitar picking intro)
Me, My Yoke and I ( absolutely incredible)
9 Crimes
eskimo (unplugged, then replugged for huge climax) great
Woman Like A Man
Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots (vyvienne solo)
Elephant
Volcano (short reggae outro, then great tomo drumming and damo picking)
Cannonball
I Remember (Great Stuff, sort of a drumming duel between tomo and damien, then damien proceded to sing into the mic inside his guitar, damien then moved to the piano for the jam and was shortly replaced by vyvienne, absolutely crazy jam)

Encore:
Green Eyes (no damien)
The Professor (damien started to sing the second verse that lisa had been singing, and there was a nice little moment where damien said he "had to give the woman her space.")
Blower's Daughter
Accidental Babies (piano intro and cello outro)

He was about to stop after the professor as he talked about getting fined for going over. Luckily he played two more songs for us but ended up at 11:02, two minutes over. while I was backstage after the show I overheard the management talking about it and apparently they are getting fined 261 dollars. Crazy, 2 minutes.

Overall, an absolutely incredible time. No talking from damien until after 9 crimes. Started getting chattier as the show went on and at one point made fun of americans for not having castles, classic. He also had fun with the typical crowd yellers.

One more note: I recorded the show on my ipod using Tunetalk stereo and an a basic sony mic into .wav format. The quality is not bad but the volume is just really low. I dont know much about mastering or anything so if anyone wants me to send them the show to mess around with let me know.
yankphin21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 05:31 AM   #62
yankphin21
Eskimo Friend

oh and there was an opener. a girl from toronto called Melisa McLachlin ( i think). She was very talented, good voice.
yankphin21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 06:22 AM   #63
SisterMidnight
Jellyfishsting

^ i think it was melissa mc clelland.. she had a great voice, reminded me of patty griffin.. and yes, there are remastering masters around.. i don't think any legit tapers ever go to the midwest gigs so i bet you could find someone who would be willing to tweak it

it was an fantastic show! the part about the castles was way funny.. he was saying how they couldn't go over or they would be fined and then he said "maybe if somebody had a big house.." as if they would move the gig there.. then he said "what i'm saying is if somebody had a ****ing castle.. but ohhh i forgot you're americans you don't have castles.. we have castles where i live" hehe

yeah he had fun with the crowd yellers alright.. he was funny tonight, when people were yelling out for the professor he plugged his ears and said "i'm not listening to you" in a borat voice and then gave the two thumbs up like borat, then he played it.. it was mad when he was singing into his pick up for i remember, he was on his knees doing the percussion thing on his guitar then he just started singing into the guitar mic.. i've never seen anyone do that, not even damien

i love that he played eskimo, i've never heard it live and i liked the circling star lights they used (or was it snow?) AND baby sister, i caught my breath when he started playing that one, i love it and didn't expect to hear it.. yes me, my yoke and i rocked! i don't get what people don't like about that song it's amazing

security was really nice, they didn't mind people taking pics and the security guy by me let me move to an empty seat in the front row and told me where the after party was (i didn't even ask) it was at a swanky art hotel across from the venue so i thought what the hell and went over.. i noticed a few other people milling around trying to fit in, and a couple of guys kind of hooked up with me and made me go first into the private party area and said they were with me, but when management figured it out and nicely asked me to leave one of them said "i don't know you now" lol!

i bought one of the t-shirts with the drawings damien does of people holding balloons and stuff (20 bucks wasn't a bad price)

oh and at the end damien wished us all a happy christmas and said goodnight

Last edited by SisterMidnight; 12-21-2006 at 06:25 AM.
SisterMidnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 12:29 PM   #64
northberwick
Eskimo Friend

I was there last night, sister said it all^. Exactly as expected from reading other setlists (almost wish I hadn't read about the other shows). Found this on The Star Tribune website:
http://www.startribune.com/blogs/poplife/?p=139

He’s terribly charming (and he knows it), and he put on a generous, crowd-thrilling two-hour-plus concert on Wednesday. He’s more mesmerizing live because of the chamber-noise experiments with his band and his voice.

The mono-chromatic lighting added to the drama and the artyness. But most impressive were how his revealingly intimate lyrics connected with the female-dominated audience and how he charmed the worshipful fans with his conversation. For instance, late in the evening, he said he’d be fined if he played past a certain time. So he suggested taking the crowd to another venue.

“Anybody got a big house? A castle? Oh, I forgot you don’t have castles. Back where I live, I’ve got friends that have big castles.”

Charming fellow. Even though some of his art-rock jams bordered on the pretentious, I’ll take Rice anyday over David Gray or James Blunt.
northberwick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 01:24 PM   #65
I'm So Childish
I reall am childish

Going over in time is very expensive and it only gets worse from there. No matter where you are in the US you have two things: Noise ordinaces laws and union laws. You really need to end on time and I have a feeling after Damien gets hit a few more times you will see him live religiously on the time he needs to get off stage. I was at a Dave Matthews Band concert a few years back and them being the weathered musicians that they were, they knew about that stuff and how serious the powers that be enforce these rules. They got fined $10,000 for every minute they went beyond 11:00 pm in Detroit, MI. Of cousre that was at Comerica Park in front of 50,000 peple. They went 11 minutes over and got fined the according amount. They said they were willing to suck it up because they got on stage late and felt they owed it to the fans. Still a large chunk of change though.
I'm So Childish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 01:40 PM   #66
themurdog
Eskimo Baby

Hello! I've browsed these forums a long time, but this is my first post and my first Damien Rice show.

It was a great show. We had great seats. Front center balcony. I think I'm going to sit in the balcony from now on. The last few shows I went to, I've sat in the balcony and I love how you can see everything.

The opening act left a lot to be desired, though. I was looking forward to the guy who's been on this whole tour, so when she walked out I was disappointed. She had a beautiful voice, but her songs were so boring and cliched.

On to the good stuff. Damien came out and played Rootless Tree on the piano by himself. I really wish this was the album version. It's so much better. He then went right into Baby Sister, followed by Grey Room, and then Coconut Skins.

At this point he hadn't said a word to the crowd and I was starting to get worried. I knew being the last show on the tour, we would either get an amazing 2+ hour show or a short, tired performance. I was starting to think we were getting the latter. People were taking so many pictures, it was so irritating. I thought I was going to have a seizure and it seemed like Damien was just going through the motions. But then he played Me, My Yoke, And I and blew me away. This song is amazing live. The album version does not do it justice. Even my husband, who hates that song, fell in love with it after that performance. Then came 9 Crimes and then my favorite part of the evening. Eskimo Friends. He threw out his ear monitors, unplugged his guitar, stepped in front of his mic and started singing. It was beautiful and so intimate. Then, as stated before, he slowly circled back around and got closer and closer to the mic and the song exploded. Amazing.

Next was Woman Like A Man. Not as great as other performances I'd seen. He messed up on the guitar and it seemed to throw him off for the rest of the song. Still, it was better than anyone else I've seen.

I was so happy when Vyv did Yoshimi. I was embarrassed for a few of my fellow crowd members who seemed to think Yoshimi was some quirky song about robots that Vyv wrote herself. Still, Vyv is incredible and I hope she does her own tour someday. She said something about how she takes her job very seriously and she bought a new dress (the one she was wearing) a couple of nights ago and really crammed herself into it, so singing may be difficult - but cello playing was going okay. She has such a cute speaking voice. She may be my new girl crush.

Unfortunately at this point I had to go to the bathroom. As soon as I stood up to go, I heard "this has got to die"...I ran to that bathroom so fast. Luckily I only missed the first verse. Beautiful song.

It seemed Damien was just starting to really get into it when Volcano started. He was talking with the audience. At one point, people started yelling the I love you's and you rocks he just stood there and smiled and said,"okay, get it out of your system" so people just started going nuts. I think it was obvious that he recently saw Borat as well because he kept doing these little impressions. Very cute. A couple of girls screamed something to him in unison and he asked if they were twins and then said that he'd "never had twins before".

He also thanked all the people who made the tour possible. From the guitar techs to the bus driver to the "people below the stage counting your money".

After Volcano came Cannonball. I completely disassociate this song with Damien now. I think I've heard it on the radio so much that when he started playing it I was like, wtf? Oh, yeah...this is his song.

The big first finale was I Remember. Awesome. Just awesome. The singing into his guitar was very cool.

I'm going to take a moment to give my opinion on something that will probably get me bashed.

When I first heard he was coming to town, I hoped that Lisa would be left behind. I'm just not a fan. Yes, she has a gorgeous voice, but I think she tends to monopolize his shows. I find her boring. She seems to be the only one who doesn't improvise. Even while they were doing all the crazy distortion, looping - she just kept singing her same part. She seems too rehearsed. Just my opinion.

Anyway, I bring this up because after clapping and cheering for an encore, she comes out with the rest of the band (no Damien) and sings the dullest song and gives the dullest performance of any headliner I've ever seen. I was prepared for a solo song of hers because I've read the previous setlists. But once we got through the first set without one, I thought I got lucky. Wrong. I almost fell asleep. It was such a mood killer.

So let's move on...I was hoping for the Professor and I got it. Of course, Lisa had to sing the second verse. Damien started to sing, but Lisa jumped in. Then he said, "whoops, oh yeah....we must give the woman her space". Then they had a little exchange about who wants to sing it. Finally Damien went and stood by the piano and Lisa sang it. I was so hoping he would say, let me take it tonight. But nope.

After that, he mentioned how they were told they had to stop because they were running overtime and then they would have to take the money we gave them and give it to the orpheum people because they would get fined. This is when he started talking about castles and asking if anyone had a big house.

He kept on playing, though. First the Blowers Daughter (beautiful as always) and finishing with Accidental Babies. Just gorgeous.

I re-fell in love with Damien tonight. He's such an amazing performer and so charismatic.

The only downsides to the show were the picture takers (really, you can't take a picture of the song. 5 days from now, are you going to look at the pictures and think, hey, that's Grey Room, or this is the Professor? I just don't get it. It was incredibly distracting) and Lisa. I feel bad for even saying that about her, but she just irks me.

I hope he comes back around again soon. I can't stop thinking about the show. It was great. I could have watched him for another two hours. It also made me have a really excellent Damien dream last night
themurdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 02:21 PM   #67
ManOfLetters
Eskimo Baby

so yeah. the show was okay. i was mad the swell season wasn't there, considering thats why i went. damien and his big rock machine have improved since i saw him 2 and a half years ago in madison.
ManOfLetters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 03:35 PM   #68
solace
Eskimo Baby

really good show, but didn't really compare to his 400 Bar, Fine Line, or Pantages shows...

that said, the new stuff does sound WAY way better live. besides 4-5 songs, i find '9' to be a bit dull at times and a let down from 'O' (although how can you follow up something like that??), but the songs took sounded way better given different arrangements and more space to move/grow. Rootless Tree solo was SO much better than the overly harsh sounding studio version. it's still a totally harsh song lyrically, but the softer rendition of it allows the lyrics to come through more directly.

as for the comments about Lisa... wow, i couldn't disagree more. i'd pay good money just to see her solo (or w/ a band). if Lisa had not been there last night, i would have felt a bit gypped and not gotten my full $$ worth.

that said, last night i was much more enthralled w/ Vyv, she looked gorgeous in her new dress. and her solo piano version of Yoshimi was so great. not that it matters, but Lisa's outfit (A-Team sweater, Purple skirt, and orange/brown stockings), was a bit ragtag. she's such a gorgeous girl, but from the shows i've seen, fashion isn't exactly her strong suit . i did like her coming out for the encore humming the A-Team theme however, that was great, hehe.

but yeah, really great show, and i applaud damo for going over by 3 minutes, even if it cost them some $$

i would have preferred more older stuff (Delicate woulda been nice), but i realize it's a tour for '9'. Eskimo Friends (not a favorite song of mine off 'O') sans mic was stunning though. Volcano started out pretty bland, but once they went into that crazy reggae-ish jam, that was great. I Remember went on a bit long.. lotta people around me were checking their watches.

Damo was in a bit of a grumpy mood at first, so i'm glad he lightened up by the end

Last edited by solace; 12-21-2006 at 03:40 PM.
solace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 03:43 PM   #69
eriktmpls
Eskimo Baby

Default The First Song Of The Encore

So, the show last nite was truly amazing-it seemed that the band was loose because it was their last show of the U.S. tour. I had a question about the first song of the encore-Lisa came out with the band and sang on her own(Damien was not back on stage yet.) I believe someone listed that song as 'Green Eyes'-perhaps the Coldplay cover-but it definitely was not that song. The lyrics of the chorus were along the lines of 'your father will not mourn for you.' Something like that. Trying to write a review of the show and would like to get an accurate setlist, so any help would be much appreciated. What a fantastic show.

eriktmpls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 04:48 PM   #70
joe563
something strange

I dont know where you guys were but I was in row D and I couldnt believe how many people were getting up and coming back in during the last songs. It was so incredibly annoying. Just wait five frickin minutes!

Anyways, the show was incredible and I'm amazed and I dont really have anything to add, only that I'm excited someone taped the show.

Oh two girls shouted out something like "I love you Damien" synchronized and Damien was like "are you twins? I've never done twins before." and then he asked what we would call a "slapper" (I think?) and people shouted "hoe" and he said he was going to stop playing a hoe and start being one and he started to take his guitar off and "walk off stage." I think I got that right

Also, there was this guy a couple rows back that tried to have this frickin conversation with Damien and I appreciate a couple of jokes and shout outs and stuff, but seriously, he was SO distracting. Let the man sing!
joe563 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 04:54 PM   #71
borneoman
Insane Eskimo

Did he mention anything about coming back on tour next year??? (since this was the last gig...)
borneoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 04:59 PM   #72
solace
Eskimo Baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by borneoman
Did he mention anything about coming back on tour next year??? (since this was the last gig...)
no, but he did say it was great to be back so soon (if i recall, could be misquoting him)
Old 12-21-2006, 05:11 PM   #73
northberwick
Eskimo Friend

Before the encore I thought he said he'd be back in April or May, it was when everyone was clapping so hard to hear. My wife and I both looked at each other at the time he said it, so I think we both heard the same thing.
northberwick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 05:53 PM   #74
dmbarbie69
Eskimo Friend

i also heard in the grapevine that he was comming back around april. The night left me in loss of words. i pretty much heard every song ive wanted to. this prob sounds alittle goody but eskimo friends wasnt realyl my fav song until last night. When he came away from the mic to the front of the stage sang his little heart out and it had all the lights in the back look like snow flakes and then lisa came in . i got a little teary eyed. The conceryt brought me on a roller coster. And it just backs up my thoughts that Damien rice music is some of the best stuff out there in the world right now!

....... You Eskimo Friends all kick ass as well! and are some of the best fans.......
dmbarbie69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 06:13 PM   #75
AllThatLies
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankphin21
Incredible Show

Rootless Tree (piano solo)
Baby Sister
Grey Room
Coconut Skins (mellower version, with sort of guitar picking intro)
Me, My Yoke and I ( absolutely incredible)
9 Crimes
eskimo (unplugged, then replugged for huge climax) great
Woman Like A Man
Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots (vyvienne solo)
Elephant
Volcano (short reggae outro, then great tomo drumming and damo picking)
Cannonball
I Remember (Great Stuff, sort of a drumming duel between tomo and damien, then damien proceded to sing into the mic inside his guitar, damien then moved to the piano for the jam and was shortly replaced by vyvienne, absolutely crazy jam)

Encore:
Green Eyes (no damien)
The Professor (damien started to sing the second verse that lisa had been singing, and there was a nice little moment where damien said he "had to give the woman her space.")
Blower's Daughter
Accidental Babies (piano intro and cello outro)

He was about to stop after the professor as he talked about getting fined for going over. Luckily he played two more songs for us but ended up at 11:02, two minutes over. while I was backstage after the show I overheard the management talking about it and apparently they are getting fined 261 dollars. Crazy, 2 minutes.

Overall, an absolutely incredible time. No talking from damien until after 9 crimes. Started getting chattier as the show went on and at one point made fun of americans for not having castles, classic. He also had fun with the typical crowd yellers.

One more note: I recorded the show on my ipod using Tunetalk stereo and an a basic sony mic into .wav format. The quality is not bad but the volume is just really low. I dont know much about mastering or anything so if anyone wants me to send them the show to mess around with let me know.
$261. big woop. he made that much the first 10 seconds tickets for the show were on sale anyhow, i sent you a PM about the recording.
AllThatLies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 06:38 PM   #76
AllThatLies
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriktmpls
So, the show last nite was truly amazing-it seemed that the band was loose because it was their last show of the U.S. tour. I had a question about the first song of the encore-Lisa came out with the band and sang on her own(Damien was not back on stage yet.) I believe someone listed that song as 'Green Eyes'-perhaps the Coldplay cover-but it definitely was not that song. The lyrics of the chorus were along the lines of 'your father will not mourn for you.' Something like that. Trying to write a review of the show and would like to get an accurate setlist, so any help would be much appreciated. What a fantastic show.

it was never thought to be a coldplay cover as far as i know. it's on my 12/8 tape from LA. the real title is unknown, that's everyone's best guess.
AllThatLies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 06:47 PM   #77
photogmark
Eskimo Baby

Default Orpheum

Wow, this show was simply mindboggling... there isn't any way that I could describe this show with words; it simply struck too many senses to do so. In fact, one of those senses was smell: does anyone know what scent of incense they were burning on stage? I can't get it out of my nose and it compliments the new album so beautifully that I'd love to pick up a pack at the local headshop. Cheers!
photogmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 07:22 PM   #78
solace
Eskimo Baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by photogmark
Wow, this show was simply mindboggling... there isn't any way that I could describe this show with words; it simply struck too many senses to do so. In fact, one of those senses was smell: does anyone know what scent of incense they were burning on stage? I can't get it out of my nose and it compliments the new album so beautifully that I'd love to pick up a pack at the local headshop. Cheers!
Nag Champa?

not sure, but it was damn strong up front, hehe
Old 12-21-2006, 07:52 PM   #79
photogmark
Eskimo Baby

no lie, huh? it felt like college all over again, but weird thing is is that i can't hear the new album without smelling it anymore, and trust me, my office nor the gym smell like college!
Old 12-21-2006, 08:10 PM
ManOfLetters
This message has been deleted by ManOfLetters.
Old 12-22-2006, 01:48 PM   #80
ManOfLetters
Eskimo Baby

i was wondering if anyone has a file of the version of rootless tree he played. my girlfriend and i liked it a lot better than the album version. if someone could PM me and let me know, i'd be appreciative.
ManOfLetters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 02:20 PM   #81
photogmark
Eskimo Baby

I second that motion.
Old 12-22-2006, 06:22 PM   #82
SisterMidnight
Jellyfishsting

cali ripped the KCRW stream and posted it here (hope you don't mind me reposting claudia) it has a similar version of rootless tree only he doesn't say f*ck at all in this one

http://www.4shared.com/dir/1252440/f..._Eclectic.html

you know what? i saw the nag champa by tomo but i didn't smell it, i think i burn it so much myself that i'm immune or something

tomo looked like he had pictures of his family and his son (?) put up by his drum kit, i thought that was really sweet.. i was kind of hoping to meet shane this time, i think i caught his eye and waved at him but not sure he saw me.. i had christmas cookies i baked that i was going to send home with him for Lady but after no luck with the after party and walking around the venue a few times i realized it was probably not wise to be out walking around alone so i went back to my hotel..

one more thing, did anyone else notice that damien seemed kind of exhausted? especially in the beginning of the show.. but then during me, my yoke and i he just went into this zone and totally rocked and seemed to find his groove after that.. i had treats for him too that i'm sure he would have enjoyed so it's too bad i didn't see him afterwards.. unlike his hiro experience i happen to be very kind

ps - yankphin, how did you get backstage? there were some young girls with backstage passes sitting on the ledge by where i was sitting and i was wondering how they happened to come by those..

Last edited by SisterMidnight; 12-22-2006 at 07:09 PM.
Old 12-23-2006, 03:40 AM   #83
SisterMidnight
Jellyfishsting

i found some videos on youtube..

melissa mc clelland (supporting act)

looking around the orpheum

rootless tree and baby sister

me my yoke and i

eskimo

vyv doing yoshimi on piano

thanks to whoever recorded these! i saw a few people with video devices and realized i'm way behind technologically, those things were so tiny..
Old 12-23-2006, 03:47 AM   #84
samuelle
care bear stare!

^oooh. I can't decide whether seeing these videos makes me more or less jealous. I solemnly vow not to miss any more Minneapolis gigs. Unless I'm in Washington.
Old 12-23-2006, 06:27 PM   #85
dmbarbie69
Eskimo Friend

i also saw the pics on tomo's drum kit i as well thought that was nice. it does suck for damo and the band they went over cuz of the money but then again i think it shows that money might not be everything to them or atleast damien. i thought he was really enjoying himself....then again just what i thought .....
dmbarbie69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 08:52 AM   #86
SisterMidnight
Jellyfishsting

i think so too, he just looked kind of beat.. in fact they all seemed to be enjoying themselves, though lisa was kind of off in her own little world..

Quote:
Originally Posted by samuelle
^oooh. I can't decide whether seeing these videos makes me more or less jealous. I solemnly vow not to miss any more Minneapolis gigs. Unless I'm in Washington.
darn it we missed meeting up again! i guess it would have been quite the trek from washington, but next time you're back home you definitely should go, it was another fantastic show.. and he did say he was coming back in april or may..
Old 12-26-2006, 04:05 AM   #87
minncognito
Eskimo Baby

from a little research, it looks like it's a cover of a Nick Drake song, Courting Blues:

Courting Blues

Green are your eyes
In the morning, when you rise
Don't you be afraid to lie
By me, my love
Your father will not know

Love can be broken
Though no words are spoken
By me, my love

Love, don't cry
I`ll never try
By me, my love

Green are your eyes
In the morning, when you rise
By me, my love
Your father will be told someday
About our wedding day(?)
minncognito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2006, 09:07 AM   #88
Spamlet
Resident Contrarian

Welcome.

Ah, the great Nick Drake. Thought it sounded familiar...

Yes, I'd just gotten ahold of a good enough recording to transcribe from. Thanks, saved me the trouble of typing it up!
Old 12-26-2006, 09:40 PM   #89
Elephantgirl
Eskimo Baby

Default Aspects

I was at the gig in MN. My sister and I went, and this is the second time I have seen Damien live. Brilliant, of course. I am not sure however, if my sister and I are too hardcore of Damien fans but we were quite irked by certain people sitting around us.

As Damo finished his encore set and people were getting up to leave, a women behind us said "I am so happy that he played 'I can't take my mind off of you!' I would have been so p*ssed if he didn't!" My sister was much more aggravated about this than me, however, as she expressed later on. She complained that the song was Blower's Daughter and that the woman should know that. I agreed.

The same people behind us earlier on in the show were asked by one man of their group if they had all bought "9" yet. They all said no, not yet. This was completely annoying! Why pay money, and why take up seats, that I am sure someone who does have "9", wants to have? It seems completely disprespectful to me. However, it is their perogative to come to one of his concerts, though they do not know half of his creativity.

Perhaps, as I said, my excitement and love for Damien is too much. But I do not like the partial fans. The people whose favorite songs are the singles off of each album.

On to a different note, I found his sense of humor delightful. I was also surprised by the huge, vastly bright lights that would sporadically glare the audience. At first, I think many people were disconcerted and maybe even annoyed with the intensity. I was kind of startled at first! But after that, I began to prepare myself for it to happen again, as it did.

It was a great show. The audience participation added a lot of humor as well. I can't wait to see him again!
Elephantgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006, 04:28 AM   #90
Cortez 4
Eskimo Baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elephantgirl
The same people behind us earlier on in the show were asked by one man of their group if they had all bought "9" yet. They all said no, not yet. This was completely annoying! Why pay money, and why take up seats, that I am sure someone who does have "9", wants to have? It seems completely disprespectful to me. However, it is their perogative to come to one of his concerts, though they do not know half of his creativity.
Sorry, but this is completely absurd. I had not yet bought "9" when I went to the 2 shows in Chicago and it made the experience that much more enjoyable. Does that mean I don't deserve to go to the comcert? I love the entire "O" album but I was glad he played a lot of his new material also. It made the shows fresh and unpredictable. Now that I have the new album, I realize how much better these songs are live than on the album. I'm so glad I "took up seats" at those shows. 12/19 was one of the best concerts (any artist) I have ever been to.
Cortez 4 is offline   Reply With Quote