Home   | About   | Contact  | Lyrics  | Tabs  | Forum

The Igloo

Go Back   The Igloo > Damien Rice > Damien's Gigs

Old 03-06-2007, 08:25 PM   #31
shyatt3
Eskimo Apprentice

Wow, I just checked Ticketmaster again and there aren't even any floor seats left seemingly. Glad I did this yesterday.
shyatt3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 04:26 AM   #32
drumworkshop
Eskimo Friend

Which is really strange b/c isn't the public on sale date 3/17? Maybe they only release a set number in various locations for the fan pre-sale? Ticketmaster is so unpredictable, you never really know what to expect.
drumworkshop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 01:56 AM   #33
drumworkshop
Eskimo Friend

Looks like the show is about to sell out, my friend just pulled upper balcony 401 row A.
Old 03-11-2007, 02:04 AM   #34
shyatt3
Eskimo Apprentice

Yeah, I've been checking in on it periodically just out of curiosity and watching it slowly fade away. I tried to get a ticket for my friend the day after I bought mine and he was quite a ways away from me. Do you know how many seats are in the rows up where we are? I can't seem to find that anywhere.
Old 03-11-2007, 06:11 AM   #35
drumworkshop
Eskimo Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyatt3
Yeah, I've been checking in on it periodically just out of curiosity and watching it slowly fade away. I tried to get a ticket for my friend the day after I bought mine and he was quite a ways away from me. Do you know how many seats are in the rows up where we are? I can't seem to find that anywhere.
Yeah, I think I've looked at every seating chart on the web, and nothing. I've emailed Live Nation, hopefully they can clear it up. Is there any word on the U.S. opener yet? I wish it was The Frames.
Old 03-11-2007, 02:50 PM   #36
shyatt3
Eskimo Apprentice

Well a friend of mine just grabbed 104 Q, so there may be some more good ones coming out now.
Old 03-11-2007, 02:59 PM   #37
drumworkshop
Eskimo Friend

That's so strange how they release tickets. So, looks like I have an option of two seat locations.

1. Section 101 row P

or

2. Section 401 row A

I think I may go with the second, it's way up there, I know but it's first row balcony plus there's stadium seating in the balcony, unlike those floor seats. Either way, the place is pretty tiny.

Old 03-11-2007, 03:02 PM   #38
shyatt3
Eskimo Apprentice

Yeah, that's quite a difference. I've never been so I'm just hoping my tickets will actually trun out to be good, though they look good on the chart. I don't know how crowded it is down there.
Old 03-13-2007, 12:21 AM   #39
Slayer13
Eskimo Baby

Seating Note:

I don't know the exact seating situation, but I would HIGHLY recommend getting floor seats (if there are any left). Almost all the websites advertising the shows differ in whether or not the floor will be seating or not. I've heard that it will be GEN Admission for the floor with the rest of the venue seated. I've only known of two shows at The Tabernacle to have all assigned seating, but you never know, and Live Nation is anything but helpful.

The balcony can be sketch. As much as I love the Tabernacle, the view and sound can be horrible at the top of the venue. I'm road-tripping to Dallas to see Damien, so I haven't been paying too much attention to the ATL situation. I really wish he was playing the Fox Theatre of Atlanta Civic Center. So much better for seated concerts, and it helps with the confusion the will inevitably arise on the day of the show.
Slayer13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 01:19 AM   #40
drumworkshop
Eskimo Friend

Finally found the appropriate seating charts, Check out this website, you can view the approx. view from your seat.

http://www.tabernacleatl.com/seating.php

Reserved Seating Floor:

Lower Balcony:

Upper Balcony:
Old 03-13-2007, 01:28 AM   #41
drumworkshop
Eskimo Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayer13
Seating Note:

I don't know the exact seating situation, but I would HIGHLY recommend getting floor seats (if there are any left). Almost all the websites advertising the shows differ in whether or not the floor will be seating or not. I've heard that it will be GEN Admission for the floor with the rest of the venue seated. I've only known of two shows at The Tabernacle to have all assigned seating, but you never know, and Live Nation is anything but helpful.

The balcony can be sketch. As much as I love the Tabernacle, the view and sound can be horrible at the top of the venue. I'm road-tripping to Dallas to see Damien, so I haven't been paying too much attention to the ATL situation. I really wish he was playing the Fox Theatre of Atlanta Civic Center. So much better for seated concerts, and it helps with the confusion the will inevitably arise on the day of the show.

And, thanks for the advice, really.
Old 03-13-2007, 01:30 AM   #42
shyatt3
Eskimo Apprentice

Nice job drumworkshop. This floor situation is bothersome though. I don't understand why Ticketmaster would be selling tickets with specific seat numbers if it was GA. All the GA tickets I've gotten from them in the past have said so.
Old 03-13-2007, 01:35 AM   #43
Rue Saint-Denis
Eskimo Ghost

Is it reserved seating, or GA?
Rue Saint-Denis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 01:40 AM   #44
shyatt3
Eskimo Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rue Saint-Denis
Is it reserved seating, or GA?
Seems we can quite confirm that, we get mixed info. My tickets have seat numbers, where other GA shows I've gone to have said so on the ticket, but that may mean nothing here. So, we just don't really know yet I suppose. I agree with it being better at the Fox. I absolutely LOVE that place.
Old 03-13-2007, 01:43 AM   #45
shyatt3
Eskimo Apprentice

Furthermore, do we know what the taping/camera/etc. situation will be here? Or anything at all about openers?
Old 03-13-2007, 02:10 AM   #46
Rovena
what will you say?

I hope there is a way to find out whether it's going to be GA or not, because that makes all the difference in terms getting there early and such.

This is posted on the website, regarding what can you bring:

WHAT CAN I BRING

What to bring

Yourself, your ticket, your friends, your photo ID if you plan on drinking or picking up will-call tickets, and have a great show!

Restricted Items for All Shows

Weapons, alcohol/drugs, lawn chairs, laser pointers, skates, wallet chains, spiked jewelry/ belts, banners, backpacks, flyers, beach balls, frisbees, fireworks, sparklers, outside food or beverage, video/audio recording devices, film or digital cameras.

To ensure the safety of all of our guests, all bags maybe subject to search upon entering.

Rovena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 02:13 AM   #47
shyatt3
Eskimo Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rovena
I hope there is a way to find out whether it's going to be GA or not, because that makes all the difference in terms getting there early and such.

This is posted on the website, regarding what can you bring:

WHAT CAN I BRING

What to bring

Yourself, your ticket, your friends, your photo ID if you plan on drinking or picking up will-call tickets, and have a great show!

Restricted Items for All Shows

Weapons, alcohol/drugs, lawn chairs, laser pointers, skates, wallet chains, spiked jewelry/ belts, banners, backpacks, flyers, beach balls, frisbees, fireworks, sparklers, outside food or beverage, video/audio recording devices, film or digital cameras.

To ensure the safety of all of our guests, all bags maybe subject to search upon entering.
Thank you, Rovena, for letting me be lazy and ask the questions while you do the work and get the answers.
Old 03-13-2007, 02:16 AM   #48
Rovena
what will you say?

Anytime, darlin. I was curious to know, too..

Old 03-13-2007, 02:21 AM   #49
shyatt3
Eskimo Apprentice

Keep that up and I just may begin to rely upon you. I have a friend in Atlanta and, since The Tabernacle seems to have no humans who are not pre-recorded working for them when I call, I plan to have them run by and see if they can actually ask someone about the seating status.
Old 03-13-2007, 02:34 AM   #50
Rovena
what will you say?

It would be really nice to find out. I tried calling them myself, but it's impossible to get in touch with anyone. Well, let me know if your friends find anything out.

Old 03-14-2007, 01:40 AM   #51
Slayer13
Eskimo Baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rovena
It would be really nice to find out. I tried calling them myself, but it's impossible to get in touch with anyone. Well, let me know if your friends find anything out.
The biggest problem is that no one is ever at The Tabernacle expect a few hours before any show. I don't even think you can buy tickets there during the day. I can't seem to find any definite answer as to the seating - but I'm still looking.

PS. The pictures of The Tabernacle website are a bit deceptive. If you click on the camera on the stage, you'll notice you can't even see the 3rd balcony. Jank.
Slayer13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 03:15 AM   #52
alex7465
Eskimo Baby

WOW!!

I've been incredibly busy the past month or so and forgot to check to see if Damien was playing the states!!

I live about 20 min from the Tebernacle, and I must get tickets!

I'll grab the parents credit card and buy them tomorrow- if its sold out I'll never forgive myself.
alex7465 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 04:16 AM   #53
drumworkshop
Eskimo Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex7465
WOW!!

I've been incredibly busy the past month or so and forgot to check to see if Damien was playing the states!!

I live about 20 min from the Tebernacle, and I must get tickets!

I'll grab the parents credit card and buy them tomorrow
- if its sold out I'll never forgive myself.

Old 03-18-2007, 01:34 AM   #54
shyatt3
Eskimo Apprentice

Has anyone gotten us any more info perchance? And to all the people coming to this, does anyone have an idea how we might go about meeting Damien at this concert? I don't know how he works regarding this or how the venue plays out. I can always hope I suppose.

Last edited by shyatt3; 03-18-2007 at 03:20 AM.
Old 03-18-2007, 05:02 AM   #55
drumworkshop
Eskimo Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyatt3
Has anyone gotten us any more info perchance? And to all the people coming to this, does anyone have an idea how we might go about meeting Damien at this concert? I don't know how he works regarding this or how the venue plays out. I can always hope I suppose.
Not quite sure on the meeting Damien & crew question. I did want to add that the show is now sold out, should be a crowded night.
Old 03-18-2007, 05:12 AM   #56
shyatt3
Eskimo Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by drumworkshop
Not quite sure on the meeting Damien & crew question. I did want to add that the show is now sold out, should be a crowded night.
I've been waiting for that to happen.
Old 03-18-2007, 05:14 AM   #57
shyatt3
Eskimo Apprentice

Wait, Ticketmaster just showed me that there were tickets left?
Old 03-19-2007, 12:43 AM   #58
alex7465
Eskimo Baby

Ticketmaster has them sold out for me
alex7465 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 12:48 AM   #59
shyatt3
Eskimo Apprentice

Yeah, I just checked them again today and there are none. But I swear I found them last night!
Old 03-19-2007, 02:46 AM   #60
drumworkshop
Eskimo Friend

If anyone is looking for tickets I have 4 extras that I'm looking to sell (FACE VALUE + FEES) at $185.00

Section 401 Row A

dkgimbel@gmail.com