Home   | About   | Contact  | Lyrics  | Tabs  | Forum

The Igloo

Go Back   The Igloo > Damien Rice > Damien Rice

Old 02-26-2007, 09:49 PM   #91
Dangana
Eskimo Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuckatangent
Thanks for posting the password spamlet. A boardie was kind enough to PM me with it but the space was left out; that was driving me crazy this morning when it wouldn't let buy them. Just got my ticket; I'm in row C (so 6th row I guess?) of orch. YAY!!! First Damo show!

OMG ME TOO!!! ROW C in the Orch. May be we'll see each other...hahhaha
Dangana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 10:02 PM   #92
Ships_Were_Sailin
Eskimo Regular

if you look anything like your avatar you'l be quite noticable

Yet i keep going to where it seems i'm meant to go
Ships_Were_Sailin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 11:06 PM   #93
tuckatangent
Eskimo Regular

Awesome Dangana! I'll be flying solo for this show so it'd be great to meet some fans.
tuckatangent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 11:25 PM   #94
seanbryantkbq
Eskimo Baby

anyone going to the tabernacle show? im seventh row bottom floor
Old 02-27-2007, 12:59 AM   #95
drumworkshop
Eskimo Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanbryantkbq
anyone going to the tabernacle show? im seventh row bottom floor

I'll be at the Tabernacle. I ended up with row P on the floor, center section. Not really content with these as last time I saw Damien I was sitting 5th row. I think I'll try for better when the general pre-sale comes around.
drumworkshop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 01:13 AM   #96
Dangana
Eskimo Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ships_Were_Sailin
if you look anything like your avatar you'l be quite noticable

Oh i'll definitely stand out...hehehehhe
Old 02-27-2007, 01:14 AM   #97
Dangana
Eskimo Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by drumworkshop
I'll be at the Tabernacle. I ended up with row P on the floor, center section. Not really content with these as last time I saw Damien I was sitting 5th row. I think I'll try for better when the general pre-sale comes around.

I love Iron and Wine!
Old 02-27-2007, 01:16 AM   #98
Dangana
Eskimo Friend

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuckatangent
Awesome Dangana! I'll be flying solo for this show so it'd be great to meet some fans.

Awesomeness. I bought an extra ticket but not sure who I want to bring with. I talked to this guy that I'm kind of dating about going with me...he said it's a little too early to plan for this concert, which totally pissed me off, so he's definitely NOT going!!! It doesn't matter if I go alone. I can always sell the extra ticket if I don't find someone worthy enough to go with me =)
Old 02-27-2007, 01:30 AM   #99
LaurenM
Eskimo Regular

what a philistine to pass up DR. seriously. you. need. better. taste. in. men. period.

what a philistine

http://thatgirlwiththefreckles.blogspot.com/
LaurenM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 01:46 AM   #100
walker
The Masked Eskimo

Red face Philly

Anyone out there annoyed about the pre-sale PHILLY show tickets? I was all ready this morning to buy and it wasnt until 11:30 or so that someone out there was kind enough to say they werent on sale until March 16th. What's with that? All I can say is that this morning was stressful.
walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 02:15 AM   #101
ChrisKN
Eskimo Baby

Personally, I don't like the presale idea in general. Since the codes are easily available over the net for those who know where to look, it actually helps scalpers get good tickets, since the majority of fans probably don't sign up for the mailing list or know where to look for the passwords.
ChrisKN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 02:47 AM   #102
Spamlet
Resident Contrarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterMidnight
spamlet, people are flipping out about posting the password.. it's not like scalpers can't sign up to mailing list too, but ya know..

i got a confirmation but then got a message from the timer screen that my order couldn't be processed due to high volume with a number to call, but when i called it it was the wrong number for some riverboat company..

the right venue number is 612-624-2345

i called and they confirmed my order.. 1st row

i wonder why they used this ticketing system? it was the same venue when damien opened for fiona this summer but tickets were purchased through ticketmaster.. this system is buggy but i actually got better seats this time around.. can't wait till may!!
Sorry, didn't see that it had said "removed" til well after I posted it. I agree with you though. Scalpers are far more likely to visit the official than here. Besides which, if they did I highly doubt they'd have gone through all of the threads searching around for the password. It's entirely different when it's the title of the thread and it's a whole day before pre-sale.

Congrats on first row, m'love!

Personally, I'm just so glad they did a pre-sale for the true fans. When it first said they're playing Radio City I was like "uh oh!"

But thankfully it all turned out great.
Old 02-27-2007, 04:12 AM   #103
drumworkshop
Eskimo Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangana
I love Iron and Wine!
Yeah, Sam is great, can't wait for the new album!
Old 02-27-2007, 04:19 AM   #104
borneoman
Insane Eskimo

Happy it worked for you guys... but here in Oakland, no one I know could get good tickets and then at noon there were already seats on ebay for 250 bucks...
borneoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 04:50 AM   #105
Topspin047
tennis pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by drumworkshop
Yeah, Sam is great, can't wait for the new album!

I just saw him in concert a few weeks ago, he had everyone in the audience sit down for the show, and anyway he was amazing...played a lot of new stuff, but he said the new album wouldn't be out until end of summer early fall or something like that.
Old 02-27-2007, 05:17 AM
LaurenM
This message has been deleted by LaurenBledsoe.
Old 02-27-2007, 01:02 PM   #106
ZachC
Eskimo Regular

i really want to know how i didnt get pit tickets when i was right there at 10 am ( i got row a which is fine but come on )

Visit me and my band at www.myspace.com/zcraftmusic
ZachC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 01:10 PM   #107
drumworkshop
Eskimo Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspin047
I just saw him in concert a few weeks ago, he had everyone in the audience sit down for the show, and anyway he was amazing...played a lot of new stuff, but he said the new album wouldn't be out until end of summer early fall or something like that.

Yeah, I've heard they're shooting for September 25. I hope they announce a tour as well, I have yet to see them live.
Old 02-27-2007, 09:25 PM   #108
eudaemonia
Eskimo Baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisKN
Personally, I don't like the presale idea in general. Since the codes are easily available over the net for those who know where to look, it actually helps scalpers get good tickets, since the majority of fans probably don't sign up for the mailing list or know where to look for the passwords.
I agree. Scalpers know where to look now and they know forums are the best places to go. As the official website doesn't have a forum, they probably know of this place (registered user or not) because this is the one of the top results I found via Google of Damien Rice website search for a fan community.

Yeah, first post. Hello, I'm a new Damien fan and no, I didn't need to know the password as I signed up for the mailing list and got it off there. It was all lucky timing, really. At first I was just going to see him in Coachella but after hearing his songs (my own personal research of artists before the festival), I got hooked and wanted to see him in a non-festival environment as well. Too bad I have to drive 2 hours to get there, but worth the trip I think.

-Jenn
eudaemonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 11:04 PM   #109
Josh Mullen
Eskimo Baby

Could somebody please please please pm me the password for the Portland, OR show. I didn't get the email and I'm getting really desperate. I've been searching the internet and the only password I've seen is 9crimes which doesn't work (Yes, I've tried all the variations). I will be so so grateful to anyone who can help me.

Thanks in advance.
Josh Mullen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 02:24 AM   #110
Five Leaves Left
Eskimo Regular

i really wish they would put the damn ticket prices up for the philly show. and i wonder if theyll pick a new presale password
Five Leaves Left is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 01:38 AM   #111
garmonbozia
Eskimo Baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five Leaves Left
i really wish they would put the damn ticket prices up for the philly show. and i wonder if theyll pick a new presale password
I am not even sure how to go about getting presale tickets for this concert The Damien Rice site says presale is Mar 16 and links to the Ticket Philadelphia site, but I cannot find any information about the concert on it.

I guess I'll just have to try calling The Mann Center, unless anyone else knows something about it?
garmonbozia is offline   Reply With Quote