Go Back   The Igloo > Damien Rice > Damien Rice

Old 08-27-2004, 10:01 AM   #61
mestonf
Eskimo Regular

yeah thats a goooood idea!
Old 08-27-2004, 12:44 PM   #62
Lemonhead
Eskimo Regular

ssshhhhhhhhh get loveless to bid about $1,000 and then ditch him!![img]smileys/smiley36.gif[/img][img]smileys/smiley36.gif[/img][img]smileys/smiley36.gif[/img]

ah! i'm only kiddin' brenda

i mean brendan... whoa! i'mnasty today!!![img]smileys/smiley4.gif[/img]Edited by: Lemonhead
Old 08-27-2004, 01:12 PM   #63
graves
Eskimo Regular

There are no bootlegs in ebay.com. Here's the list of bootlegs at co.uk

4032623817 DAMIEN RICE --- LIVE IN SANFRANCISCO 2004 --- 2CD!
4032624464 Damien Rice - Live at Vicar Street - 2CD!
4032624636 DAMIEN RICE - PARADISO AMSTERDAM - - VERY RARE
4032625036 DAMIEN RICE - 15/04/04 - 2CD! - VERY RARE
4032921499 DAMIEN RICE - 4 SHOWS - ONE OFF SPECIAL OFFER!
4033546313 DAMIEN RICE - OLYMPIA DUBLIN - 2002-03-01
4033546812 DAMIEN RICE - BOTH OLYMPIA SHOWS - SPECIAL OFFER!
4033547532 DAMIEN RICE SOLO SHOW - EXTREMELY RARE

You can report them using the following link (there is a "report" link at the bottom of the page). You need to sign in to report.It is free to join!

http://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/policies/bootlegs.html

I will put another topic in the trade section.

I can update the links once a week or so

graves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2004, 04:49 PM   #64
cille
creepycute

brill, good job, graves - fight on![img]smileys/smiley20.gif[/img]
Old 08-27-2004, 05:21 PM   #65
Hannah650
Wee Wils

[img]smileys/smiley22.gif[/img]ok i've tried signing up so i can send one of these threatenin (yet still polite[img]smileys/smiley2.gif[/img]) emails to this jerk, but alas i cannot as i do not own nor can i get hold of a credit card!

Therefore i am resorting to sending bad vibes&thoughts to him, hopefully his scamming head picks up on them!

*sending lots of [img]smileys/smiley7.gif[/img]& [img]smileys/smiley3.gif[/img]&[img]smileys/smiley30.gif[/img]&[img]smileys/smiley22.gif[/img]*

There hopefully that helps
Old 08-27-2004, 05:22 PM   #66
graves
Eskimo Regular

This guy is full of b.s. The Paradiso show that he's claiming to be "very rare" is on mario's ftp site in the mp3 section!

This has got to die
This has got to stop
This has got to lie down
Someone else on top
Old 08-27-2004, 05:25 PM   #67
badmf
Eskimo Baby

erm i dont want to be flamed for my comment and keep in mind i don't sell bootlegs cause im sorda rich :F, anyway besides the point was just wondering what does it really matter if someone sells a bootleg or buys one? i can assume the tapers might be pissed at there work been sold but besides the tapers im assuming theres maybe only 1 or 2 in the present forum, what does it honestly matter? i dont think damo would lose any money or lose a wink of sleep over it so why does everyone else? We need to check ourselfs to be honest, if someone offers me a new dvd release on a street for a fiver im gonna take it and not feel bad about the movie company and im assumming everyone here is the same? just that we all have(or think we have) some sort of finacial relationship with damo which we dont hes a millionare :] and if what he says about his music is true he be delighted for anyone new to hear his music if the bought it or got it free....

hey! dont flame me btw some of the above prolly wont make sense on the first read.
badmf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2004, 05:26 PM   #68
graves
Eskimo Regular

Hannah,

Report him to ebay using the link at the bottom of my message. I don't think he would be threatened by our emails. And I don't think you need a credit card to do that
Old 08-27-2004, 05:26 PM   #69
graves
Eskimo Regular

Here's the link

http://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/policies/bootlegs.html
Old 08-27-2004, 05:28 PM   #70
Hannah650
Wee Wils

ooh nice one graves thanx! I'll still send thoughts though, just in case[img]smileys/smiley2.gif[/img]Can't hurt...
Old 08-27-2004, 05:34 PM   #71
Hannah650
Wee Wils

[img]smileys/smiley7.gif[/img]Not working dammit!

Oh well, sorry guys, i tried
Old 08-27-2004, 06:12 PM   #72
graves
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by badmf

erm i dont want to be flamed for my comment and keep in mind i don't sell bootlegs cause im sorda rich :F, anyway besides the point was just wondering what does it really matter if someone sells a bootleg or buys one? i can assume the tapers might be pissed at there work been sold but besides the tapers im assuming theres maybe only 1 or 2 in the present forum, what does it honestly matter? i dont think damo would lose any money or lose a wink of sleep over it so why does everyone else? We need to check ourselfs to be honest, if someone offers me a new dvd release on a street for a fiver im gonna take it and not feel bad about the movie company and im assumming everyone here is the same? just that we all have(or think we have) some sort of finacial relationship with damo which we dont hes a millionare :] and if what he says about his music is true he be delighted for anyone new to hear his music if the bought it or got it free....

hey! dont flame me btw some of the above prolly wont make sense on the first read.

I think your point is fundamentally wrong. It does matter if you get a free live gig or pay for it. IMO the only people that should make money from Damo's recordings are Damo and his crew. Ifbootleg sellinggets out of hands, he might not let people tape his shows in the future (which would be a HUGE loss for us).

Old 08-27-2004, 06:13 PM   #73
graves
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannah650

[img]smileys/smiley7.gif[/img]Not working dammit!

Oh well, sorry guys, i tried

Thanks for trying [img]smileys/smiley1.gif[/img]

Old 08-27-2004, 06:16 PM   #74
cille
creepycute

Quote:
Originally Posted by badmf

not gonna fry you, don't worry[img]smileys/smiley2.gif[/img]
ok, i'll sum up my views on this:

ppl who sell bootlegs are making money on the tapers' work as well as the musicians work without having contributed themselves, other than having downloaded the music and burned it onto a disk, wgich is easily done... and i think it is exploiting those who don't know the material is actually available for free on the net. the thought of taping/trading is exactly that the recorded live music should be free and available to everybody, not only to those who can afford to buy it. so basically i think that bootleg-sellers are abusing this free trading system to earn money, which is not the purpose of the whole deal. [img]smileys/smiley1.gif[/img]
Old 08-28-2004, 09:43 AM   #75
Patricia
Eskimo Regular

I'm going to sell a few things at a car boot sell tomorrow, can I sell my Damien bootlegsthere? After all, it says car boot!

[img]smileys/smiley36.gif[/img]Just kidding! I support you guys and agree with you (not with badmf though, sorry but your opinion seems morally wrong to me) and I would help you... if I wasn't scared of Ebay [img]smileys/smiley5.gif[/img][img]smileys/smiley9.gif[/img]
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2004, 09:45 AM   #76
cille
creepycute

[img]smileys/smiley36.gif[/img]

don't be scared of ebay, patricia dear - he won't bite you![img]smileys/smiley4.gif[/img]
Old 08-28-2004, 09:46 AM   #77
Patricia
Eskimo Regular

But... but... It looks weird and complicated and all hairy and big like a HUGE SPIDER! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH! *scared*
Old 08-28-2004, 09:48 AM   #78
cille
creepycute

there, there, my wee schmutzelmonster... don't you think ebay is more scared of you than you are of it?
Old 08-28-2004, 09:52 AM   #79
Patricia
Eskimo Regular

[img]smileys/smiley19.gif[/img]No!! [img]smileys/smiley36.gif[/img]
Old 08-28-2004, 04:38 PM   #80
sarahukuk
Eskimo Regular

hi been reading all your comments and didnt no that you could get them free, almost brought the 4 for £40 thankfully i got an email telling me i could get them free, the bloke thats selling them is expecting a cheque for them so he will be waiting a very very long time [img]smileys/smiley36.gif[/img].

Also does it take a long time to get on to damienricetrading.servftp.com coz ive been trying for 2 days and still havent got on [img]smileys/smiley5.gif[/img]

I think that the person selling these are a disgrace trying to make profit out of Damien.

It makes me mad just thinking about it [img]smileys/smiley35.gif[/img]im also going to report him but what do i put??
sarahukuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2004, 06:04 PM   #81
Angela
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahukuk
[img]smileys/smiley35.gif[/img]im also going to report him but what do i put??

Welcome to the igloo [img]smileys/smiley4.gif[/img]

All you need to know is the item number of the auction and then just say that "Damien Rice does not allow the sale of bootlegs" and that you request the illegal auction being ended.

That's all that's needed. They know at eBay that selling bootlegs is illegal, so no need for lengthy explanations. [img]smileys/smiley4.gif[/img]
Old 08-31-2004, 10:16 PM   #82
mestonf
Eskimo Regular

Sorry to bring this up again people but after searching Damien Rice on Ebay - it looks like the amount of his bootlegs on sale have gone up. This bloody annoying! Lets keeps those e-mails going at them
Old 09-03-2004, 06:13 PM   #83
cille
creepycute

is that on the .com or the .co.uk one, felix?
Old 09-03-2004, 07:01 PM   #84
sarahukuk
Eskimo Regular

there on co.uk and its the same bloke who was gonna sell them to me for £40 instead of £50 at the time i didntknow u could get them free looks like ive got a mind of a goldfish

ive reported him twice now but it seems to do no good [img]smileys/smiley7.gif[/img]if we keep sending them the reports maybe they will get of the arses and sort it out

sarahukuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2004, 07:07 PM   #85
cille
creepycute

[img]smileys/smiley3.gif[/img]thats a lot of money for something that only costs a recordable cd and few minutes' cd burning [img]smileys/smiley5.gif[/img]

yeah, i'll report him again
Old 09-19-2004, 08:10 PM   #86
mestonf
Eskimo Regular

sorry to bring this up again....but it looks like he is at it again!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m&category=157 2&item=4038639635&rd=1
ARGHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!! [img]smileys/smiley7.gif[/img] [img]smileys/smiley7.gif[/img]
Old 09-19-2004, 08:14 PM   #87
Gazel
Eskimo Regular

Live at paridiso, Amsterdam = rare.

Rare? I listen to this gig on the net for free whenever I like, this guys unbeleivable[img]smileys/smiley7.gif[/img].

Get the Damien Rice Fan Society on him again Felix!
Gazel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2004, 08:16 PM   #88
mestonf
Eskimo Regular

he certainly is !!!!

Damien Rice Fan Society is in full swing!
Old 11-15-2004, 08:36 PM   #89
Patricia
Eskimo Regular

Ok guys, I decided to try and overcome my fear of Ebay... And here I am! Look what I found:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m&category =1057&item=4051736352&rd=1&ssPageName= WDVW

I cant find any link to give him out to the ebay authorities tho... Any help?
Old 11-15-2004, 09:28 PM   #90
mestonf
Eskimo Regular

this is increasingly becoming a problem! The guy mentioned in tricia's thread above really makes me chuckle as he seems to be in minus numbers on his feedback!

There seems to be lots of live shows being sold on there and it is becoming increasingly annoying. Even if you report sellers, E-Bay seem unable to do much about them as there are soooo many of them floating about in Damo and plenty of other artists as well

On the point of E-bay, i am fairly pissed off with something i have just bought from there

have a look at this

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m&category=105 7&item=4051581410&rd=1

In comparison to other damo samplers and rarities i have this seems like it has been printed by a personal computer. The font seems out of line with the original font. The quotes on it aren't the exact ones and the CD is a CDR with Damien Rice Sampler printed on it (which is very easy to do with a CD creater)

Trust me people don't be fooled like stupid me !

GRRRR!!!! [img]smileys/smiley7.gif[/img]