And everyone is loneliness."</font>

The Prayer Boat

[img]smileys/smiley11.gif[/img]
[img]smileys/smiley4.gif[/img]
Angela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2003, 02:08 PM   #32
dara
Eskimo Regular

they also own almost all billboard advertising in the us check the small print at the bottom of the billboard
dara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2003, 02:47 PM   #33
Angela
Eskimo Regular

They do? [img]smileys/smiley3.gif[/img] I didn't know that! [img]smileys/smiley30.gif[/img] Gawd - they are evil incarnate, aren't they!
Old 08-29-2003, 03:32 PM   #34
dara
Eskimo Regular

hey Angela guess who i worked for last night [img]smileys/smiley11.gif[/img]
dara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2003, 03:54 PM   #35
Angela
Eskimo Regular

You poor thing! Quick, have a beer! [img]smileys/smiley17.gif[/img]
Old 08-31-2003, 09:27 AM   #36
springstein66
Eskimo Baby

[img]smileys/smiley17.gif[/img] Here´s what I can offer:

The Lobby Cork, Ireland, 09.02.2002 1 CD mp3art
Live in Passau, Germany, 22.03.2002 2 CDart
Morning Becomes Eclectic, KCRW, 01.11.2002/24.01.20031 CDFMart
Happy Birthday, Olympia, Dublin, Ireland, 07.12.20022 CDart
No Love, No Glory,Olympia, Dublin, Ireland, 09.12.20022 CD art
The Playhouse, Derry, Ireland, 14.12.2002 2 CDart
@ The Olympia, Dublin, 01.03.2003 1 CDart
@ Joe´s Pub, New York, US, 24.03.2003, 1 CDart
London Calling, Amsterdam, 19.04.2003, 1 CD SB art

niko(NOSPAM)springstein@gmx.net
(please remove NOSPAM)
springstein66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2003, 11:09 AM   #37
Angela
Eskimo Regular

Servus Niko,

Fancy seeing you here [img]smileys/smiley4.gif[/img]

The Lobby should be a 2 CD one, really (14 tracks, I think - too lazy to get up and check).

BTW, did I tell you that the "Colt" who's mentioned on the Prayer Boat art work? Was the same one I already "knew"!
Old 09-03-2003, 09:02 PM   #38
Funky Avocado
Eskimo Regular

Since we are talking about Clear Channel & Ticketbastard, anyone hear about TB's plans to auction their good seats to the highest bidder? As roger waters would say, ha ha charade you are ticketmaster...

http://www.nytimes.com/2003/09/01/te...&partner=ASAHI

Funky Avocado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2003, 04:35 PM   #39
olyrc
Eskimo Baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllThatLies
damien said he does not care. soundboards are not allowed. audience taping is if the venue allows it. the end. if the venue does not allow it you will not get any help from damien's management or road crew so good luck stealthing. if anyone has any questions let me know. i most likely will be recording damien (and opener charlotte martin) come october here in los angeles.

FYI, I had a run-in with Damien's sound guy, Jonathan, last night in Seattle. No taping allowed (although the venue was fine with it). I was completely polite and the guy was just a complete arse. I think he needs a few more twinkies or Krispy Kremes or something.Edited by: olyrc
Old 10-01-2003, 05:00 PM   #40
Scon
Eskimo Regular

I just wish they'd write up a policy so the whole crew can be informed what's ok and what's not.
Scon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2003, 07:31 PM   #41
olyrc
Eskimo Baby

I'll second that. And the crew should at least have the decency to be polite to the fans.

Cheers.

Old 10-01-2003, 07:54 PM   #42
Funky Avocado
Eskimo Regular

Hey Olyrc-- How was he rude? Did you ask him for a patch to the board? Just curious.
Cheers
Old 10-01-2003, 11:23 PM   #43
AllThatLies
Eskimo Regular

stealthing is the way to go for now in the states. taht's my plan for the fonda on saturday. and yes, his soundguy can be a dick, i agree.

as for venues selling..sh*tTY sh*tTY idea. this will make for extensive reselling and create more trouble than it's worth. i also don't care for sbds as much as some others..they sound too hollow to me a lot of the time...plus if taping is not allowed and the soundguy does it, their stuff is not foolproof and it is usually done with a 1x burner. these have been known to mess up a good amount..
AllThatLies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2003, 07:27 PM   #44
olyrc
Eskimo Baby

Here's the scoop:

I got in the door with my gear just fine - they even checked my bag to make sure that was all I had in it. Took my time getting set up - the Croc's sound guy (can't remember his name) saw me setting up. Powered up when the lights went down. Opening band hits the stage. Wasn't going to tape them, just check levels &amp; wait for Damien.

Right then the Croc's sound guy comes over and taps me on the shoulder &amp; says Damien's sound guy just told him no recording today. Now the Croc's guy was totally cool - polite and everything. Asked him a few questions first and then started tearing down. Powered down, unplugged my optical cable &amp; stowed it. Lowered the stand, started tearing it all down, putting my deck away, etc, etc.

Croc's guy comes back &amp; asks if I can just unplug the XLRs so Damien's sound guy knows nothing is being taped. I pull them from the UA-5 &amp; unplug the battery while he's standing there and he says thanks &amp; walks away. I continue to pack up. Mics are still in the shocks since I usually take them down last.

About 30 seconds after the Croc's guy walks away, Damien's tubby pile sound guy (his name I remember - Jonathan) comes over and taps me hard on the shoulder, leans in and says, "get those mics down and in the bag right now or I'm going to make you leave." I responded very politely, "yep, working on it, it will all be packed up in a minute." He points his jelly-roll finger at my face and says, "do it now!"
Edited by: olyrc
Old 10-02-2003, 07:31 PM   #45
Angela
Eskimo Regular

Jeez [img]smileys/smiley5.gif[/img]
Old 10-02-2003, 08:29 PM   #46
Funky Avocado
Eskimo Regular

WTF! That's horrible Olyrc. I had a much more pleasant interaction with him even though I was told to take my rig down as well. Maybe he was having a very piss poor day. Regardless that was a pretty harsh response. Like I posted in the tapers thread, there were a couple people in that crew that looked at me as if I did something terrible like kicked their dog when they saw my rig. I eventually ignored it and enjoyed the show.
I was poking around on Damien's new site and the site even has a little snip, forgot where, on a link to their taping policy. All it does is point to info@damienrice.com. I emailed Fiona and asked for clarity on their "ok taping policy". If I get a response I'll post it here.
Old 10-03-2003, 12:20 PM   #47
olyrc
Eskimo Baby

Yeah, it would be nice to have an official word instead of the rumours floating around.

Maybe the guy was having a bad day, but there is just no excuse for his attitude when I was totally polite to him.
Old 10-03-2003, 10:27 PM   #48
AllThatLies
Eskimo Regular

Jon
At this point we neither encourage nor discourage taping of gigs basically as its quite early days in damien’s career – we’ve no problem with fans bringing their own hand held audio recording devices to shows – but have not yet had an issue of professional recording equipment being used and we’ll deal with that when its an issue – there are already some live recordings on the net being swapped etc and that’s ok with us
Best
Ben
---------------------------------------------------
Hi Jon

Thanks for that and yes there was a mixed view in the camp.
We are going to go with managements view on this one.

Cheers
Fiona

AllThatLies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2003, 11:20 PM   #49
Funky Avocado
Eskimo Regular

Jon-Got the same response by both of them but wasn't told about the bring hand held equipment only. Crossing my fingers the DR camp gets together before the next US tour and comes up with some kind of universal public taping policy. It would certainly save everyone a big headache.
Old 10-21-2003, 08:05 AM   #50
Funky Avocado
Eskimo Regular

Trying to get a fix on how to tape this next tour, I asked Ben if she could narrow down the taping policy which she was kind enough to respond back quickly.. Essentially, keep the stands and large rigs at home. I was hoping it was going to change for this next tour but no dice. Oh well..

"Our brief is that its fine for fans to use small handheld recorders purely for their own usage/ swapping recordings etc . Any professional recording equipment is not encouraged and certainly sale of any recordings is not what we want." -BenEdited by: Funky Avocado