Home   | About   | Contact  | Lyrics  | Tabs  | Forum

The Igloo

Go Back   The Igloo > Damien Rice > Damien Rice

Old 01-31-2007, 03:00 AM   #1
northberwick
Eskimo Friend

Default Grey Room Played on House

The last 3 minutes of House featured Grey Room tonight. The theme was about being trapped in rooms with people ("that's all life is, being trapped in rooms with people").
northberwick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 04:39 AM   #2
peterj
eskimo friend

yea i saw that....hes poppin up in every tv show now eh
peterj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 05:20 AM   #3
borneoman
Insane Eskimo

Wow thanks for the info...

I'm just watching... it just started in the West Coast!!
borneoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 05:29 AM   #4
borneoman
Insane Eskimo

The people who decides the music in House must love Damien. The other day we were watching an old episode from
Old 01-31-2007, 05:29 AM   #5
borneoman
Insane Eskimo

Sorry message got cut... Wanted to say that we were watching Season 2 Episode 3 and they played Damien too... I think it was Delicate!!!
Old 01-31-2007, 06:04 AM   #6
the_tilbury
Eskimo Friend

I was in my rrom and my girlfriend was watching House, and all of a sudden i hear the two chords to Grey Room, so i came running and there it was playing on house. Pretty cool.
the_tilbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 07:25 AM   #7
borneoman
Insane Eskimo

The song fitted really well. Just read that today's episode was called One Day One Room.
Old 01-31-2007, 08:32 AM   #8
cille
creepycute

Quote:
Originally Posted by borneoman
Sorry message got cut... Wanted to say that we were watching Season 2 Episode 3 and they played Damien too... I think it was Delicate!!!
Yeah, they used a cut up version of Delicate.

How is House these days? I found Season 1 promising, esp. towards the end, I especially enjoyed how they seemed to let the viewer a little bit more in underneath the skin of dr. House and showed the fragility behind his facade. But then they totally lost me in season 2, I felt every episode was identical - very sick person comes in, is almost cured, but then ALMOST dies dramatically, preferably during a CET scan, but in the end is saved by the brilliance of the doctors, except for the few times they can't or choose to let the patient die to save others - and the charachters became static. Felt like a huge waste of Hugh Laurie's great talent. What season is running now, 3rd? 4rth? Has it improved?
Old 01-31-2007, 08:54 AM   #9
Spamlet
Resident Contrarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by borneoman
I just decided to finally start watching this show about two weeks ago after Laurie won yet another slew of awards. Although I've loved all the major FX dramas for quite some time, I'm slowly but surely starting to get hooked on the FOX ones too now that they have many of 'em online. Tried 24 and Prison Break when both began and really hated 'em but they've now both improved exponentially to the point where the outright stupidity, cliche, incredulity and illogic are outweighed by the actual ride. I used to only watch that channel for their Sunday night 3 cartoon dynasty but they've now got more great series than NBC and ABC (CBS remains a channel I simply can't stand; even their best show "The Unit" is ridiculously uneven). I've NEVER watched hospital dramas (except Nip/Tuck) Believe it or not I've never even seen ER once! "House" was so much better than I believed possible.

Hearing they support our man so heavily only makes me surer that I made the right choice at the right time. They replay it on USA network on Friday nights if any others (like me) routinely miss it during the week.
Old 01-31-2007, 03:32 PM   #10
borneoman
Insane Eskimo

We're now on House Season 3 in the US... In fact yesterday's episode was one of the best EVER!!! Which is good because the first half of Season 3 has been really disappointing, House was so annoying that it was almost unwatchable...all the episodes were the same, House in pain and asking for pills... But yesterday was great, very different, mostly House talking with a girl that has been raped. There was thig beautiful line something like 'Life is a series of rooms in which you get trapped with different people'... and yesterday House was like trapped with this girl, and at the end of the episode he says 'one day, one room' (which was the episode title) while they were playing Grey Room!!!!

I'm more of an ABC person myself, my favs are Lost and Grey's anatomy. Can't wait for Lost's return (Feb 7)... still shocked they moved it to 10 in order to avoid American Idol... I also like Heroes on NBC, but yep, I think i've never ever watched CBS.
Old 01-31-2007, 07:06 PM   #11
I Remember Elephants
Eskimo Baby

for anyone who might be a fan, dave matthews will be a patient on a House epsiode in March.
I Remember Elephants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 08:41 PM   #12
borneoman
Insane Eskimo

I was wondering if there's gonna be a House effect and Grey Room could make the Billboard top 100... House is one of the most watched shows here, but I'm not sure if the songs they play then chart...

A few recent examples of TV exposure:
- Corinne Bailey Rae was on Oprah and the following week her album moved from around top 50 to number #4
- Two weeks ago they played this great song Falling Awake by Gary Jules on Grey's Anatomy... following week is at #105 on the Singles Charts just on downloads alone...
- and even there was an effect on 9 crimes. Three weeks ago, they re-run the Grey's anatomy episode in which 9 crimes is played, following week the single re-entered at #116 in the Singles Chart...

So maybe there's a House effect...
Old 01-31-2007, 09:05 PM   #13
eric81485
Eskimo Baby

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgnyLGKm1vM
here is a link to the end of the show if anyone didn't see it. enjoy
eric81485 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 11:51 AM   #14
administrator
forum administrator

cool, thanks for letting us know. and for the clip!

administrator is offline   Reply With Quote